How's your season going?

I'm still with FM08 and Scunthorpe in The Championship. Finished 16th first season to keep them up, struggling again 2nd season, but in cased people from FMS wander in here I'll not comment any further how it's proceeding because it is a story game and the story is quite some months behind the game!

My Season is going really well.

As Liverpool i'm top after 16 games by 5 points. I've got the best attacking record and the second best defensive record of everyone. Won 13, drawn 2 and lost 1.

My tactics appear to be spot and on and things are going really well with it.

I think i'm scoring 2.1 goals a game and only conceding about 0.5 a game.

Best moment of the game so far. Liverpool 5-1 Manchester United. They scored in the first 3 minutes and from then on it was all us.

Neil

Playing with United and, after a shaky start, am now 8 games unbeaten and back in touch with the top 3 (Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton). Spurs are also doing well, but Liverpool are just off the relegation places having drawn a large number of their games so far.

Just about to head off to Japan for the World Club Cup with Ronaldo out for a month. No other first team injuries, though.

Park is pushing for a move and getting a bit disruptive, so I will probably let him go in January. Tevez is having trouble with form and can't motivate himself to play for me (most of the rest of the team are happy by now though), so he may be off too, if I get the right offer.

Am focusing on building up a really strong under-18 squad and have about 5-6 scouted top prospects signed up to join in January. May also look at an established winger/striker if Park and Tevez do go.

Really enjoying the game.

3rd season with spurs and have been 9th, 4th and now 6th just now :(. Just can't shift the big teams. Then again should i really be expecting to :D. Quarter Finals of the Champions League this season though losing 4-3 to arsenal :(.

I am so sick of Arsenal!!!

Then again, I finally shifted them and they nearly collapsed (1 point from relegation) in FM 2008, but then Reading just replaced them!

Oh well, this could be my season to finally beat them!

I'm 5 seasons in with Leeds and I have had two years in the Prem finishing mid table. The board never give me any funds, I can't sell anyone for decent money and to be honest the whole thing is boring me. The fun is buying players and I haven't been able to buy anyone decent for 5 seasons! By the time I have cash, Messi will be 40 years old :-)

I'm going to create a team in the Blue Square Prem and give them 200,00 to spend and see where I can take them!

3 seasons, almost 4 with newcastle, finished 5th, 5th and 3rd. I am currently 4 points behind Man utd atm in 2nd place and i am in feb atm. Arsenal who won all 3 previous titles including CL titles are currently 6 points behind me, i don't know what happened to them :p

Started off unemployed, and Roda JC were after my services straight away. Yes, I'm Welsh, they're Dutch, but I took the job anyway. My first test: home to Barcelona. Eep.

1-0 victory to me, 91st minute strike from Cisse!

Not finished the friendlies yet, only just started the game, but a 3-0 win of Pisa was follwoed by a 3-0 defeat to Real Madrid. I tried the same strategy as against Barca (i.e. close down!), but didn't work :(

Ah well, feeling confident for the Eredivisie which starts very soon.

I am so sick of Arsenal!!!

Then again, I finally shifted them and they nearly collapsed (1 point from relegation) in FM 2008, but then Reading just replaced them!

Oh well, this could be my season to finally beat them!

Lol,

Finished 4th in my first season with Man City, was top at xmas then form plummeted for no apparent reason. Ah well, Champions League next Season.

Reached UEFA Cup final only to run into............. Arsenal (my Nemesis) who had failed in the group stages of the champions league.

1-1 after extra time, they did me on penalties the b**tards!

(on FM2009)

I am rotherham united

bearing in mind i started the season with -17 points and no funds

I am currently 22nd with 11 points after 20 games, if i had the full 28 points i would be confortable mid table.

a few good wins, a few annoying losses (8-0 to bury) but getting there some good performances and in 3rd round of fa cup against my arch rivels and most hated team sheff weds

some shrewd loan signings, i expect to stay up this season n hopefully keep my job and build on that next season.

Barnet in season 5, and i'm battling bravely against relegation in my first season in the Premiership

at the moment i'm just outside the bottom 3 with 32 points/32 games, but i got a tough run of fixtures coming up

my signing of Victor Manon on a free proved to be genius and i got a couple good regens too

My first real game in 09 with Academica in Portugal, since they were the first team I ever played with back in the CM 4 days - (I play with fictional players) I oversaw a massive housecleaning that left just 2 holdovers in the starting 11, so I knew there'd be some growing pains. I wasn't too worried about changing the team's tactics drastically, since most of the players were new. One win and 3 draws in the first 7 games had me a little worried, especially since we weren't scoring. A couple of tactical tweaks and the players getting a little more familiar with each other and our record is 8W 4D 4L, sitting in a comfortable 7th place within sniffing distance of Europe. I was a little frustrated at the beginning, but I kept telling myself that I had brought in 20 new players and things would improve once a little cohesion was built up. Keep your nose to the grindstone if things get tough.

im in my second season with zenit...and i can say that this team will loose a lot of money during the season...from the informations of the club, at the start of the save, i was at 160 mill...at the beginning of the second season(during the first one, i won the league, lost in the first round of the cup:), and qualified in the quarters of the CL...the draws have not been made, cause the season in Russia is different...anyway, some money came to me)...i was at 90 mill...so, i lost in one season,and i have won some money from the CL, i lost 70 mill :O ... and i transfered players for only 16 mill(and sold few, for about 10 mill)...even though my budget was 15 mill...anyway, kept the stars of the team(malafeev, anyukov, lombaerts, puygrenier, sirl, tymoschuk, pogrebnyak, arshavin,danny-quite a lot of very good players that the big teams wanted), but in the second season(the league has not yet begun, only the CL will be played in the february and half of march months)i sold danny for 25 mill to liverpool so i can keep my balance with +...to resume, russian championship will not be a challange for a team like zenit, and i can only imagine that i must set my hights to the CL and UEFA Cup...

Had an awesome first season in Serie A with Roma. Got to the top of the league after about six games and stayed there for the rest of the season. Scored the most goals, conceded the fewest (just eleven against!). Juventus clawed back from way behind to just one point at one stage, but then, like the Milan clubs, they started dropping silly points whereas we didn't. In fact, the only sides other than Juventus, Milan and Inter to take points off us were Lazio and Napoli, and I drew those games. Only Inter beat us all season domestically.

Also won the Coppa Italia, beating Napoli, Lazio and Inter on the way to the final before narrowly defeating Fiorentina in the big match itself.

In the Champions League I was more than satisfied with getting to the semi finals. We got through the group with a 100% record and didn't concede a goal until the first leg of the semis against Inter. Drew 1-1 at home and then lost 2-1 away after extra time.

I'm only two games into my second season. Won comfortably at home on the opening day but then drew 0-0 at Atalanta. I like the look of my squad this season, though, and I think we should do well.

(I'm sitting here in a Roma shirt as I type this.)

Well my 1st season went well,I got promotted with Ipswich via the play-offs but the next season doesnt look too good,it would seem my strikers have forgot how to score goals and my midfielders cant pass anymore.

Didnt get much money to spend but thought I had done ok...until the season started,played 6 in the league and lost 5 drew 1,even struggled against leyton orient in the cup(went to penalties)..going to be a long winter it seems,hehe even looked at the other jobs available,something I havent done before but then though maybe best to stick around and hope for the best,maybe even a job saving patch :)

my 1st season with celtic was a rebuilding season, bringing in players and staff. Ended up coming 2nd in the SPL & winning the league cup. This season got knocked out of the European cup just before the Group Stage by chelsea and then qualifying through the group stage of the uefa cup. Now in the Final again of the league cup and 5 points ahead of Hearts i the spl with rangers last seasons champs at 5th 12 points behind. lol my new blood and youth coming together well

I am bayern munich in my 5th season. i am currently 73 games unbeaten in the league (after about 60 I scored a 94th minute equaliser) This started half way through the third season, last the whole of the 4th season and now I have arrived at january in the 5th season still goin strong. I have chelsea in the first ko round of the CL and fully expect a victory.

Started as Cruzeiro, won the Brazilian league AND Copa Libertadores, thanks in no small part to the sale of Guillherme to Roma for 22.5m! Then got offered the Portsmouth job and took it, with the Brazilian league ending in December started mid way through the prem, with Pompey sitting 13th.

Made a couple of signings in January (Gilberto Silva and Mirel Radoi), turned out to be very good as i managed to drag them up to 6th, but got knocked out of the F.A Cup by Barnsley :D.

Now i've just started my first full season in charge, signed a couple of youngsters but overall have good team, the clubs finances aren't great thanks to some expensive and not very good signings before i became manager (thanks Tony :()

Probably looking at a UEFA Cup spot again and hopefully a cup!

Still unbeaten in the league after 15 games with Real Sociedad knocked out of Spanish cup by a late winner then seconds later i hit the bar but yup great season and this tactic is brilliant i rarely concede and seem to score just enough will try it out in la liga next season counting on promotion and if it succeeds then i shall upload it as the greatest fm tactic of 09

Got promoted with Forest first season.

Replaced most of the first team on the relative cheap, including getting Sturridge on a free from Man City. Walloped Villa in my first game 5-0 (they signed a bunch of players the day before). Soon got a reality check though with Chelsea. Finished mid-table (11th) in the second season, and got to the Semis of the League Cup with an easy run in (knocked out by Arsenal).

Mid-table again a third into season 3. Already knocked out of League Cup by... Arsenal.

Aah, it's my first ever season with any football manager (my last manager game i had was cm 01/02, this is fm09). I'm newcastle, and i'm just taking this first season as an big learning curve and my only goal is not to get relegated, or sacked. I was only given a £5m transfer budget, and all of my positions needs strenghtening, so i could only buy players on the cheap. My most expensive player purchase (andre bikey for £3m from reading) has already collected 2 red cards so the majority of those spear pounds i had for transfers were wisely spent:(

At january, i'm in 13nth position, which is okey. I had one very good run, i went 6 games undefeated, 4 games won i a row and i was in joint first place for goals scored in a row (16 games). But now it's going ***** again, now i'm 6 games without a victory, and 3 games without even scoring! I got knocked out in the league cup 3rd round against bolton, and the got totally fuc**d in the fa cup, 4-1 against sunderland of all teams:mad:

But my highlights have been: Beating arsenal 3-2 in the league, drawing with chelsea and liverpool in the league, and winning sunderland in the league 3-0 (but now they have they're revange).

So now i haven't got much to play for anymore, just trying to get my team to work, and trying out some young talents with the seniors, basically building up for next year...

Hahaha fancy you ask..

I am Manager of southport and i

A) am haveing Ridiculous problems with passing. My team cannot retain the ball!!

b) By goalkeeping is sh.ite.... keepers let at LEAST one howler in per game.

c) can score... i have jucas jutkeiviz or what ever his name is from everton on loan... PLAYING IN THE GOD DAMN CONFERENCE NORTH!!!!! and it wont let me score goals

Looks like I am going to miss out on the play-offs again with my Leicester City team stuck in 7th. Ipswich are 6 points in front with 5 games left to play.

I'd have been challenging for the title, but as usually with this team, we hit a mid season slump and lost six consecutive league games. :(

My contract is up at the end of the season and after three wonderful years (ha!) at Leicester I think it might be time to move on to fresh pastures. I'm confident we could get ourselves into the top 6 next season as my young team has finally started to mature, but I don't know if I have any passion left after so many years in mid table malaise.

I started my game as D.C. United (never coached before in North America) and due to me learning the transfer rules and due to bugs within the MLS the season went horribly. Every time I would sign a player four players would lose their numbers and be waived from the team.

During one spell that I would rather forget I actually had grey players on my bench. I mean seriously, ****ing grey players. I almost quit out of sheer embarrassment.

But I stayed the course and finished up dead last not only in the eastern division but in the entire MLS.

The clubs board wanted me back the next season (maybe for pure humour value) but offered me a 35% wage cut. I may be the worst manager in a nation that could not give two ***** about football but I do have dignity damnit!

So after applying to 26 jobs in a single day I found relations with the clubs board had grown slightly more tense.

Amazingly Italian side Livorno must have gotten my Résumé mixed up with a actual professional football managers. They offered me a four year deal offering me more money per week than I deserve in a month.

The first day I dismissed the entire staff (6 days before Christmas) and spent 130,000 Euros bringing in a group of yes men of such low talent that it would make me look like a management god in comparison.

Next I met with the clubs board and asked for a feeder club, parent club, stadium expansion, better training grounds, better youth facilities and if could have a wet bar in my office. They politely reminded me that I had not yet won a double digit number of games in the calender year and denied every last one of my requests.

Next I met with the media and only one journalist bothered to put in a appearance. His first three questions were pointing out my lack of footballing experience, my complete ignorance of the Italian language and how well my season with D.C. United had gone.

My replies are hazy in my memory but I think it was something about his mother, sister and lastly me running from the room sobbing.

The next day my new 27 year old assistant manager informs me that morale is so low in the dressing rooms that the physios recommend banning sharp instruments like shaving razors from the dressing room. I am also told that six players would like to play football elsewhere.

I think my first week really went well.

So it is now February and since taking over we have gone 3-3-3.

We sit one point above relegation and the clubs financial balance sheet since taking over has shrank 95%.

The clubs chairmen the patient soul that he is has already expressed to me that a career change might be the best course of action for me.

I also think he is starting to catch on to me since whenever he calls my secretary tell him I am 'down in the film room'.

I pawned all the film equipment back in late January to fund the purchase of a Slovakian fullback.

So I guess that is how my season is going.

And you know what? I could not be having more fun :)

So after applying to 26 jobs in a single day I found relations with the clubs board had grown slightly more tense.

Amazingly Italian side Livorno must have gotten my Résumé mixed up with a actual professional football managers. They offered me a four year deal offering me more money per week than I deserve in a month.

The first day I dismissed the entire staff (6 days before Christmas) and spent 130,000 Euros bringing in a group of yes men of such low talent that it would make me look like a management god in comparison.

Next I met with the clubs board and asked for a feeder club, parent club, stadium expansion, better training grounds, better youth facilities and if could have a wet bar in my office. They politely reminded me that I had not yet won a double digit number of games in the calender year and denied every last one of my requests.

Next I met with the media and only one journalist bothered to put in a appearance. His first three questions were pointing out my lack of footballing experience, my complete ignorance of the Italian language and how well my season with D.C. United had gone.

My replies are hazy in my memory but I think it was something about his mother, sister and lastly me running from the room sobbing.

The next day my new 27 year old assistant manager informs me that morale is so low in the dressing rooms that the physios recommend banning sharp instruments like shaving razors. I am also told that six players would like to play football elsewhere.

We sit one point above relegation and the clubs financial balance sheet since taking over has shrank 95%.

The clubs chairmen the patient soul that he is has already expressed to me that a career change might be the best course of action for me.

I also think he is starting to catch on to me since whenever he calls my secretary tell him I am 'down in the film room'.

I pawned all the film equipment back in late January to fund the purchase of a Slovakian fullback.

:D:thup:

Best post in ages!

Enjoying a strong season with AS Nancy

Transfers in: None, deals for 3 top south americans between 15 and 17 to arrive over the next two years

Loans in: Bolzini (Inter Milan), Fran Merida (Arsenal), Davide Santon (Inter Milan) and Alex Song (Arsenal)

The loan deals have proved fantastic, got them all on 0% wages and 3 play every game, Song plays half.

League: 3rd with 53 points from 27 games. (Expectation respectable position)

UEFA: Through to 2nd round knockout, Porto up next (Expectation reach league stage)

French Cup: Through to 12th round (Expectation reach 11th round)

French league cup: Lost in 2nd match (cannot remember round number)

Wages are at £170k, budget £220k (reduced from initial £240k)

I started my game as D.C. United (never coached before in North America) and due to me learning the transfer rules and due to bugs within the MLS the season went horribly. Every time I would sign a player four players would lose their numbers and be waived from the team.

During one spell that I would rather forget I actually had grey players on my bench. I mean seriously, ****ing grey players. I almost quit out of sheer embarrassment.

But I stayed the course and finished up dead last not only in the eastern division but in the entire MLS.

The clubs board wanted me back the next season (maybe for pure humour value) but offered me a 35% wage cut. I may be the worst manager in a nation that could not give two ***** about football but I do have dignity damnit!

The next day my new 27 year old assistant manager informs me that morale is so low in the dressing rooms that the physios recommend banning sharp instruments like shaving razors from the dressing room. I am also told that six players would like to play football elsewhere.

Haha. Best post I've read in a long time.

My Season is going really well.

As Liverpool i'm top after 16 games by 5 points. I've got the best attacking record and the second best defensive record of everyone. Won 13, drawn 2 and lost 1.

My tactics appear to be spot and on and things are going really well with it.

I think i'm scoring 2.1 goals a game and only conceding about 0.5 a game.

Best moment of the game so far. Liverpool 5-1 Manchester United. They scored in the first 3 minutes and from then on it was all us.

Neil

very very unrealistic lol

Into my 3rd season with Spurs, secured Champions League football for the first time last year. Currently top after 15 games with the ever present Arsenal in 2nd but on goal difference only.

Currently playing a 3-1-2-1-2 diamond formation, best eleven would look like this:

GK: Gomes

DC: Rodwell

DC: Heitinga

DC: Rusol or Woodgate

DMC: Diarra

ML Drenthe

MR: Alves

AMC: Modric or Diego

ST: Aguero or Saivet

ST: Benzema (a £72million record signing!)

ST: Arshavin or Berbatov

Best result of the season so far - a 3-2 away win at Man City, coming back from 2-0 down. Benzema's tearing it up! Only downside is morale has taken a hit after I priced Dos Santos out of a move to Real Madrid. I'll have to let him go in January but I'm not happy about it.

in my second season as CSKA Moscow, not going as well as my first, am currently 2nd behind Spartak (lost 2-nil to them, home and away), lost in the quarter finals of both the UEFA and Russian cup,

on an upside i have unearthed a russian gem, 18 yrs old, AMC, playing in a flat midfield 4 and has scored about 11 goals in 14 matches.

I'm in my 2nd season in the lowest league in Northern Ireland with Portstewart. Season one ended with us surviving relegation on goal difference with an appalling squad but doing much better this time round as we're 2nd a third of the way through. Picked up two quality free transfers in Stephen Munn and Eamonn Seydak - Seydak is a LB and I'd recommend him to any LLM starting out, takes a mean set piece + he's got a 7.5 average from 15 games so far. Munn is a former Coventry reserve IRL who was a legend on my CM 02-03 save and was Man Utd captain at one point.

To give you an idea of the standard, my record attendance so far has been against Coleraine Reserves in the intermediate cup!

I think we could win the Irish League given the overall poor standard in less than 10 seasons - want to have one crack at the CL with the Port then move onto Dafuge's challenge. In that thread anyone taking over a club with a rep of more than 1,000 is accused of lacking in the cojones department so to speak, with Portstewart having a rep of around 250 (i think) I reckon I'll have paid my dues!

Just finished my first season with Arsenal...

Signings: Miguel Veloso, Yaya Toure and some youth players.

Premier League: Finished 1st with 1 game to play, could of done it with 3 to spare but had a few scare draws towards the end of the season.

Fa Cup. Lost in the Final to Chelsea 1-0 after a brillient semi final against Man Utd where I was 2-0 up, they pulled it back to 2-2 and I had a penalty in the 89th min which went in! :)

League Cup: Tried being like the real Arsenal and playing the youngsters but got knocked out in the 3rd Round by Watford!

Champions League: Came through the group stage easily but knocked out in the last 16 by Werder Bremen. First leg was at home where I drew 1-1 then lost 2-1 in the away leg :(

Now I'm in the season break I'm not planning on bringing anyone else in but am considering letting Eduardo go. I want to give Bendtner a chance in the first team every now and then but never has a chance as I have too many forwards. I sold Rosicky without even playing him when he came back from injury, I feel there is enough quality in Nasri, Walcott, Eboue and Vela. Also Van Persie can cover if needed too.

Lets see if I suffer 2nd season syndrome!...

Mine is going pretty well 6th season with Sunderland finished 15th, 7th, 4th, 2nd, 4th and am currently joint top. Current holders of the champions league with a good young team a Mr Jack Wilshere sometimes carrying the team to wins on his own. Hoping to get some domestic trophies this season as the champions league is my only trophy in the last 5 seasons, but I want the league title most if only Arsenal would go away.

Archived