Lower League Help

I'm playing as my local team king's Lynn and am now into my 3rd season. Things have gone well with promotion to the Blue Square Premier in my first season and achieving a mid table position and winning the FA Trophy in the second season. My problems are :-

1. Trying to achieve professional status - I've got all first team players on full time contracts and all staff are now full time but yet the board won't change to professional status!

2. At the end of May in my 2nd season I made a request to improve the training facilities as they are only basic, which they agreed with and it was approved. Its now December a full 6 months later and no ****ing improvements!! How long do they generally take to complete?? Money I think is not an issue as we have over £650k in the bank.

3. Signing players/Teams reputation - Teams reputation is local which is fine and the board state their happy with the club's improved stature etc but when it comes to signing players on transfers and loans no one is interested! and will even join a BSN/BSS team over me?!

Any help/advice on any of my problems would be much appreciated.

You'll turn profession when you reach the Football League.

I think the improvements should be completed just around December.

I think the signings players is still flawed in FM09, too often players choose a lower salary in a lower division over the human players' team.

King's Lynn start with a very low reputation. Whereas a club's reputation does increase, it happens relatively slowly, so if you get promoted quickly, or back-to-back promotions to a position the club has never historically been in, you'll find that you are out of your depth, reputation-wise. The thing to do is to consolidate, ensuring you don't get relegated; in a year or two you may find better quality players are more willing to join you.

Archived