A couple of issues regarding staff contracts & pre-arranged contracts

Okay, I'm managing Getafe.

I have a Youth Coach I'd like to make into a Coach so I decided on a suitable wage, etc and the comfirm offer. The offer doesn't seem to get registered. After it's been made there is no option to withdraw the offer, it just says 'offer new contract' as it did previously. A few days on and still nothing.

There is also a pre-arranged transfer from the start of the game due to arrive on the 31st October 2008, I reach that date and the transfer disappears from the transfer screen, I get no news item about anything, and the player doesn't appear in any of my teams.

Odd.

Can anyone help?

There is a 'future transfer' bug in the editor - it's a well-known issue for people trying to create them in the editor; I hadn't heard about pre-arranged ones but I guess that might be the reason.

For the first one - I had this yesterday; a coach had agreed everything then just sat there in my transfer centre screen for ever. In the end I went back to his screen, offered him the contract again and this time it went through the next day.

Okay, I've worked out my second issue.

Despite the player being on my transfer page to join Getafe, he somehow joined Getafe B who are regarded as a seperate club if anyone's managed in Spain and with them under control of another manager hence no news item for me. I can move him into my first team and all but it was just a bit confusing.

Still having issue with the first problem though. I've experienced it in other saves aswell so I'd like to know what the problem is if I can.

Ah ha, sorted the first issue.

It appears that I can still change his role to coach but I can't reduce the length of his current contract which is currently set to 2013 and I wanted to reduce it to 2009. Not sure why as I've done it before but it makes sense actually. All very confusing.

I'd say thanks but I sorted myself out anyway. :)

Archived