Sponsorships?

I didnt know where else to post this so...

How come the only sponsorship I'm getting is my Jersey sponsership... for 3.11m over 4 years. Every season the media reports that Man Utd is getting 30 mil a season in sponsorships while they havent won the Priemer league since 08 and I've been dominating them as Man City... shouldn't more sponsorship money becoming to me? I mean I have enough money but still the more the better.

yea but I'm a worldwide club too... its just wierd to me

I was just about to post about this myself, I'm pretty sure this is a bug. I've just had my kit sponsorship renewed, in 2017, for £140k/year. This is the same sponsorship deal I had when I started out with Leeds in League One in 2008.

Since then, we've gone up two divisions, our reputation has increased to Continental, we have two overseas merchandising affiliates, we're an established Champions League club and we've won the UEFA Cup. Despite all this, every time the kit sponsorship comes up for renewal, it's always a three-year extension to the same £140k/year deal.

For a bit of extra substance, I just added a bunch of managers to my save to see what sorts of money clubs are pulling in yearly from sponsorship. Obviously this is not an exact science but it gives a good idea of just how far out of whack the sponsorship deals for user-controlled clubs are compared to other teams with similar reputation and success.

Blackburn Rovers: Premiership midtable, no recent success, National rep - £2.53m per year

Fulham: Premiership relegation battlers, National rep - £3m per year

Hull: Upper-half Coca-Cola Championship team, National rep - £311k per year

Derby: Coca-Cola Championship relegation battlers, Regional rep - £473k per year

Leeds United (me): 3rd in Premiership, UEFA cup winners, Continental rep: £140k per year

I think we can safely say that sponsorship renewal is bugged.

For a bit of extra substance, I just added a bunch of managers to my save to see what sorts of money clubs are pulling in yearly from sponsorship. Obviously this is not an exact science but it gives a good idea of just how far out of whack the sponsorship deals for user-controlled clubs are compared to other teams with similar reputation and success.

Blackburn Rovers: Premiership midtable, no recent success - £2.53m per year

Fulham: Premiership relegation battlers - £3m per year

Hull: Upper-half Coca-Cola Championship team - £311k per year

Derby: Coca-Cola Championship relegation battlers - £473k per year

Leeds United (me): 3rd in Premiership, UEFA cup winners: £140k per year

I think we can safely say that sponsorship renewal is bugged.

Seems realistic to me :D

As luck would have it, I just reached the season rollover point in my Leeds game, where it tells you sponsorship statistics:

153spx2.jpg

After a few seasons in the top-flight I was beginning to think SI had tightened up the financial model a bit, because I felt like I didn't have nearly as much money to throw around as I usually do. Turns out I've just been robbed of a very large amount of cash due to this bug instead. It must have cost me an eight-figure sum of money this season alone.

• SI Staff

Some of the bigger clubs have quite a few sponsorship deals setup already in the database and these deals are then renewed based on how the team is doing in the long run. When you are bringing up a team from the lower leagues, you may not have such a wide range of sponsorship deals that can be re-negotiated when your club stature grows over time. It is hard to make comparisons between team sponsorships if one of the teams has multiple sponsors setup already in the database and the other team starts out with just a simple kit sponsorship, which can increase in value but never enough to catch up the overall value of the multiple deals anothe team might have in place. The financial model of the game is not yet that sophisticated that the boards could easily and more importantly, realistically setup new additional sponsorships in the long run. This is something I'm planning on tackling in the future to try and improve the sponsorship variety.

However as you've pointed out, in some cases the main sponsorship deals are probably not reflecting the club stature well enough (then again, this might be the case in real life in some cases, as it is not just related to club reputation, but business connections etc. as well) and I will be having a look over the sponsorship renewals to see if there is something there to tweak.

• SI Staff

The sponsorships are related to the club reputation, always have been. However, due to various clubs with the same kind of reputation having similar sponsorship deals for very different overall values, the game also needs to take the individual factors into account. Currently if the club has a sponsorship defined in the database and it is renewed in after it expires, the game considers how much reputation the club has lost or gained since the deal was originally signed and then based on that, the monetary value of the sponsorship deal is adjusted. This way a club in a big market area with a good sponsorship at the start will be able to get a bigger increase in sponsorship income for the same growth in reputation, compared to a club in a smaller market gaining the same amount of reputation.

And as always, we will be looking into improving this area of the game in the future as well, since no matter how much work is put in, we are always just playing catch-up with the ever-changing real world finances.

The sponsorships are related to the club reputation, always have been. However, due to various clubs with the same kind of reputation having similar sponsorship deals for very different overall values, the game also needs to take the individual factors into account. Currently if the club has a sponsorship defined in the database and it is renewed in after it expires, the game considers how much reputation the club has lost or gained since the deal was originally signed and then based on that, the monetary value of the sponsorship deal is adjusted. This way a club in a big market area with a good sponsorship at the start will be able to get a bigger increase in sponsorship income for the same growth in reputation, compared to a club in a smaller market gaining the same amount of reputation.

And as always, we will be looking into improving this area of the game in the future as well, since no matter how much work is put in, we are always just playing catch-up with the ever-changing real world finances.

Can I first say - very well explained, much appreciated.

With this system we can see its obvious flaw. That approach needs to change in order to avoid a blatant problem (e.g. OP Leeds 140k Sponsorship when doing well in Prem, league average 5+M) One would have thought this would have been realised during the modules design and implementation. No doubt you will consider additional factors for the sponsor renewals (to more accurately deliver a value in keeping with a clubs scenario(s) ) with last league/position and current league membership being heavy weights in the calculation not to mention cup wins etc. The reputation values dont appear to provide enough of a differentiator as they are too inflexible.

Presume this would be a fix for next game rather than worked into a patch?

Can I first say - very well explained, much appreciated.

With this system we can see its obvious flaw. That approach needs to change in order to avoid a blatant problem (e.g. OP Leeds 140k Sponsorship when doing well in Prem, league average 5+M) One would have thought this would have been realised during the modules design and implementation. No doubt you will consider additional factors for the sponsor renewals (to more accurately deliver a value in keeping with a clubs scenario(s) ) with last league/position and current league membership being heavy weights in the calculation not to mention cup wins etc. The reputation values dont appear to provide enough of a differentiator as they are too inflexible.

this better be fixed by a patch.. the only games i play is teams from low rank leagues and bring them up high so if i get the same problem and i`m loosing 20mil because of a glitch then this game is WAY UNFAIR and i find it a major GLITCH..

To be fair I suspect some teams will get more than others (for example, if you took Halifax Town into the Prem I'd imagine their rep moves up a lot more than the likes of say Leeds). If there is a large reputation movement it can be translated into additional sponsor income (after the end of the current contract).

Its not so much a glitch as a system that is in need of additional design.

• SI Staff

I'm currently doing some testing on the sponsorships given to lower league clubs promoted to the top level by human managers to try and tweak their sponsorship levels to better reflect the levels of other teams in the same competition. So yes, this can tweaked in a patch but it will naturally require some long term testing and tuning so the changes won't break anything else with the finances.

Any idea if this will be in the next patch, Riz?

It would be a better idea for them to spend more time testing this internally, rather than to rush it out for the next patch which is supposed to be released in a week's time.

Otherwise we could end up with something like the FA Cup regionalised draw bug, which had eluded the testers precisely because a last minute change in the game code did not get tested vigorously enough (paraphrased from a post by Skorp).

P.S. Thanks for looking into this Riz. I am sure many LLMers would appreciate this improvement when it is released.

Thanks Riz.

It's making my push for the Premiership even harder than usual. Pop into the Dafuge's challenge thread, there are a few people on there who have got into the premiership and even won it and they seem to have the same low sponsorship issue. Might help.

• SI Staff

I was just debugging the Leeds sponsorship in detail today and the reason that one is not going up is because it is set in the database to be a fixed sum sponsorship. This means the sponsorship value is not re-adjusted according to how the club reputation has changed when the deal is renewed.

As for the other clubs with non-fixed sponsorship deals, I've been working on some additional code to try and bring the renewed sponsorship values more in line with the higher league levels when lower league teams are brought up and we'll continue to test this are further.

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to have a minimum fixed sponsorship amount given to a club based on its current club rep., and then the current league division (taken into account of different country yields different level of sponsorship deals based on the rep of the division), the involvement in the continental competition in the last few years(5 years), and then an additional amount of money based on individual club past performance (from length of history and the average of league position)?

This is just something suddenly comes out from my mind. Sorry for my poor English.

So how come if I win ther European cup several times I get a shity 1.4m only. ??? This is a problem with sponsorship for clubs who arent beggining as world-class teams.

It needs ot be sorted out. All I get is a t-shirt sponsorship and nothing else.

If Leeds get 140k/season when doing well in the premiere there is a big problem. I'm getting 146k/season in the championship with Lincoln. If it has to do with different kinds of sponsordeals and such and that teams with only one sponsor in the beginning wont get as much money as those with more than one maybe it should be made so you could get additional sponsors if you are performing well at the highest stages.

Just Wondering: isn't possible to set the amount of money based on the league you're playing in.

It is just not right (even some sort of cheating by ai:rolleyes:) that if you take for example a blue square team to premiership nothing happens to the sponserdeal.I still get an 18 k on shirtsponser..:confused:

Just Wondering: isn't possible to set the amount of money based on the league you're playing in.

It is just not right (even some sort of cheating by ai:rolleyes:) that if you take for example a blue square team to premiership nothing happens to the sponserdeal.I still get an 18 k on shirtsponser..:confused:

you would have to wait until the current deal runs out, the sponsership deal is static once its in place no matter how much u progress. For example you may have to wait 3 yrs for the deal to run out

However when it comes to an end, thats when you should get an improved deal based on your improved reputation

My shirt sponsprship money with Spurs run out after the 1st season and still hasn't been renewed after 5 seasons which has meant i've lost out on at least £9.5m each year which would be very handy in my transfer budget.

Archived