fm09 whinge session (my turn)

ok before i start my whinge id like to say ive played fm and cm all through out the decade and its been jolly.

this year is a total contrast.... unfinished game released, numerous large/obvious flaws within game and the general feeling that si dont really give a **** about anything rather than making as much money as fast as they can.

the numerous flaws (double players in tactics, goalkeepers doing consistent 80 yard assists, hitting the crossbar continuously, injurys galore and penaltys outside box) just to mention a few of the obvious ones which i know have been annoying the fm community.

the game came out flawed ok thats fine with me we are all human we make mistakes but when you do an update and have a team of "professionals" supposedly fixing the game and it comes out with the double player tactic problem it makes you wonder what these guys are actually doing?....

yes i know there will be a lot of you willing to shoot me down in flames and im not here to argue with anyone over any of this id rather discuss the issues in a civilized manner!:)

on a final note to SI this is all i want to say...

If the game isnt ready by the release date just delay it until it is, ofcoure we are going to be disapointed at first but we will be alot happier in the long run and it will make less work for you and less stress.

bring on the flamers!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't be even bothered arguing the case anymore....

wait

for

the

patch.

but please dont you agree its a bit disapointing you spend $100 (AUS dollars) on a game and you have to wait for a patch for it to be actually enjoyable?

why couldnt they just wait until the game was actually ready...

btw it seems to me that you dont have any solid argument rather than not being bothered

But thanks for your input:)

I can't be even bothered arguing the case anymore....

wait

for

the

patch.

We are all in the same boat, I just take the positives rather than focus on the negatives, otherwise how are you going to enjoy the game at all?

their definetly are some positives thats why im playing the game but i feel there r alot of problems that need to be addressed and fixed.

i agree with you - its a joke at best a disgrace is more truthful.

it will be forever known as the worst football management game si games released.

I am playing 08 again, at least it didnt crash at the end of the 1st season.

but if it wasn't released then SI would of had lots of people moaning that it's being released too late. They are in a losing situation no matter what they do.

yes mate there would be moaners if the game was delayed but in the long run everyone would be a lot happier id be willing to wait for a finished version of the game.

heres the choices

moaners + unfinished game + lots of work to fix flaws and problems = a lot of unhappy people moaning when the game will be "fixed"

moaners + a delay on game release + less flaws if any = a lot of happier players

either way we r guna wait... its like a carrot infront of donkey releasing the unfinished version if you ask me...

Yeah, and it will be, see my first post....

seeing as i paid 100 dollars for a product i expect the product to work thats the raw bloody facts

Wait for the patch? WAIT FOR THE PATCH?

Jesus .. no wonder games companies release unfinished games when this attitude prevails. It happens with every game now because of this .. NO! We are paying customers - we are not paying beta-testers where we have to fork out our hard-earned, test the game for a few months finding the bugs that should have been picked up in the companies own testing procedures before playing the game as it should have been on release after a few patches have been done.

Yes, you can accept little things .. but some of the things that people have brought up were "obvious" and should have been picked up months ago. Nigh on every game mine or the AI team gets a goal from the 80 yard keeper passes .. Nobody in SI noticed this? Nobody said before release (even of the demo) "hang on .. there are 1 or 2 injuries too many here .. got to do something about this ..." .. "ooohh .. just had a penalty giving against me for a foul 2 yards outside the box .. that doesn't seem right"

No .. these things are deemed acceptable as they'll be fixed in a patch or two .. "the "beta testers" will accept it .. what does their enjoyment matter? As long as we get the cash in to please the moneymen .. we'll fix it later when we can be bothered".

Looking at the bugs page it seems that yet again they've managed to release a version where there's problems with player registrations, and unbelievably you can't run the lowest tier in Italy. These are not minor errors - the release quality is going backwards.

it will be forever known as the worst football management game si games released.

the worst football management game si games released until football manager 2010.... unless they pick up their act.

The crash is probably down to your computer, plenty of people are past the first season, myself included.

you know we have issues when are discussing if people can get past the first season or not... pretty disgraceful if you ask me

Out of eight people I know that bought the game within a week of release four (all casual gamers) have returned it to the retailer after finding it so buggy and/or too difficult to be enjoyable (or not working at all).

Only the hardcore fans seem to be putting up with it at the moment.

The problem is every bug erodes a little bit of goodwill SI has built up over the years.

Like I said before, I'm in the same boat as everyone here, I had activation problems, I see the same flaws as everyone else, what is starting to get on my nerves though is about 50 threads a day with the same moaning.

I would rather have the game now and play a playable game, which I also enjoy playing then not have a game as SI released the game at a later date.

There is nothing that is physically stopping people from enjoying the game other then lame computers and a negative attitude.

Looking at the bugs page it seems that yet again they've managed to release a version where there's problems with player registrations, and unbelievably you can't run the lowest tier in Italy. These are not minor errors - the release quality is going backwards.

the problems arent minor they are all big and painstakingly obvious seriously wtf are the testers doing ? ill tell you what spending all us suckers cash on themselves

Jesus .. no wonder games companies release unfinished games when this attitude prevails. It happens with every game now because of this .. NO! We are paying customers - we are not paying beta-testers where we have to fork out our hard-earned, test the game for a few months finding the bugs that should have been picked up in the companies own testing procedures before playing the game as it should have been on release after a few patches have been done.

Yes, you can accept little things .. but some of the things that people have brought up were "obvious" and should have been picked up months ago. Nigh on every game mine or the AI team gets a goal from the 80 yard keeper passes .. Nobody in SI noticed this? Nobody said before release (even of the demo) "hang on .. there are 1 or 2 injuries too many here .. got to do something about this ..." .. "ooohh .. just had a penalty giving against me for a foul 2 yards outside the box .. that doesn't seem right"

No .. these things are deemed acceptable as they'll be fixed in a patch or two .. "the "beta testers" will accept it .. what does their enjoyment matter? As long as we get the cash in to please the moneymen .. we'll fix it later when we can be bothered".

agree with you on the "wait for the patch" its just sickening

Like I said before, I'm in the same boat as everyone here, I had activation problems, I see the same flaws as everyone else, what is starting to get on my nerves though is about 50 threads a day with the same moaning.

I would rather have the game now and play a playable game, which I also enjoy playing then not have a game as SI released the game at a later date.

There is nothing that is physically stopping people from enjoying the game other then lame computers and a negative attitude.

People who phurchase the game are entitled to complain about things that are wrong with the game - also you may have noticed that not all the problems are down to lame computers.

somehow you forgot to mention the bucket loads of flaws which are very obvious and most certainly taking a toll on how much you enjoy the game i find your ignorance pure bliss

negative attitudes and lame computers are not to blame

i have a top of the range computer which i just spent a small fortune on and the game is still bugged so dont use that mate

if my negative attitude is making it crash then i apologise

if my duo core proccessor and windows vista is making it crash - then i shold go back to my old pentium 2 400mhz proccessor

do some of you work for si games?

what has happened is disgraceful.

Si games have lost alot of loyalty over this - its going to hit them in the pocket next time.

the problems arent minor they are all big and painstakingly obvious seriously wtf are the testers doing ? ill tell you what spending all us suckers cash on themselves

Erm - I didn't say they were Minor !! - Swindon1969

agree with you on the "wait for the patch" its just sickening

Frankly I'm not touching this until the patches are out and I've seen the feedback. If there isn't much of an improvement or other things get screwed up, I won't be buying it for the first time ever.

Yeah, and I have added my 2 cents in the bugs forum, they will be fixed.

Not all the problems are down to lame computers no, i was generalising. 99% of the problems are fixable though if you look at exisiting threads on these boards, that's what I did, and all the other people who play the game.

But the amount of new threads containing the same content is annoying.

Yeah, and I have added my 2 cents in the bugs forum, they will be fixed.

Not all the problems are down to lame computers no, i was generalising. 99% of the problems are fixable though if you look at exisiting threads on these boards, that's what I did, and all the other people who play the game.

But the amount of new threads containing the same content is annoying.

so the only person FOR si games was generalizing he's arguments then realized he was wrong so tried to scurry back to hes trench and now its 99% of these problems are fixable please give up and just admit SI is a farce

To be fair - its not SIs fault or any other game companies fault .. The money men at the publishers want the game out on such and such a date whether its ready or not. As a result - game companies are under massive pressure to get the game completed for that date. As usual in any industry - whether its gaming or banking or whatever else - the money men will always always always screw the customer .. balance sheets are far more important than happy customers .. collectively, we need to stick 2 fingers up at the money men and hit them where it hurts them most - in their pockets. Only then will they start to take what we think into account.

seeing as i paid 100 dollars for a product i expect the product to work thats the raw bloody facts

I bought it in Sydney for just $90 :D

But anyways yeah I don't think it's SI's fault. The game was sold to SEGA on the basis that they must release a new version annually during a certain timeframe, so the people at SI would just do nothing but chase deadlines while trying to add new features in. They can't afford to not release a new version or only release after New Year like in the old days when they were still with Eidos. If the deadlines are missed then the whatever bugs that still remain will need to be addressed in a patch or two, or three.

I was very skeptical about FM09 too, and I've had all of the flaws you mentioned a lot of times and it's very annoying - but after a few seasons I think the game is so much fun that I live with those bugs / flaws while waiting for the next patch. It's also important to remember that whatever you see on the pitch isn't live, they're all precalculated since the last time you changed your tactics and the match engine calculated the goals you would score or concede based on that tactic. So if you're bugged by what you see, just turn off the 3d / 2d view and read commentaries only :)

but please dont you agree its a bit disapointing you spend $100 (AUS dollars) on a game and you have to wait for a patch for it to be actually enjoyable?

btw it seems to me that you dont have any solid argument rather than not being bothered

You paid a 100 bucks for this game:eek:, you got ripped off mate, it should of only cost you 70-80 bucks.

But regarding the playability of the game, to be honest it should be playable when its released no matter what anyone says but atleast they notice their problems unlike many other games.

mate that was bang on, anyone who is enjoying the game so far then by all means im happy for you, i am wondering HOW your enjoying it though, I haven't been tempted to play this game since I first gave up 7 days in. i should have listened to my instincts last year when i brought it and realised how ridiculous the game had become, i vowed never to go back to FM...yet here I am a victim of my own curiosity.

people go on and on about waiting for the patch but have SI actually confirmed one??

Excellent post.

oh and another thing...

if SI are going to make the game so god damn focused on getting your tactics right then they should think how we feel when we spend 20 mins plus on each match instruction trying to play off the oppositions weakness's only to go down 2-0 in 10 minutes by 2 freak goals then your team to ignore instructions anyway.

The main issue with this game (for me) is shooting. If you play FM09, then go back to the excellent FM08 for abit, you will notice that players in FM09 dont seem to be able to shoot, they just blast the ball into the crowd.

Hurrendous.

Fullbacks and Long shots are also 'broken'.

If the game isnt ready by the release date just delay it until it is, ofcoure we are going to be disapointed at first but we will be alot happier in the long run and it will make less work for you and less stress.

It irks me that people seem to think playing FM for a long time makes their "whinges" more reasoned, in saying that I agree about certian things you have said.

I don't think "wait for the patch" is a valid answer to the concerns people have about the game, but then again almost all games require a patch these days. Either way, I don't like the idea of buying faulty products and then having to go out of my way to make them work, but it's not really a big deal is it?

As for delaying release, SI just couldn't do that. Does anyone rememebr the amount of threads there about demo release/game release date, it was horrendous and some of them were less than pelasant. SI are a business and because of the league season/consumer eagerness they are expected to release a game every year and need to make profit from said game every year.

Whilst I don't agree with the "wait for the patch" comment, the fact of the matter is that the game is playable and the glitches that are still present are avoidable or not game breaking.

mate that was bang on, anyone who is enjoying the game so far then by all means im happy for you, i am wondering HOW your enjoying it though, I haven't been tempted to play this game since I first gave up 7 days in. i should have listened to my instincts last year when i brought it and realised how ridiculous the game had become, i vowed never to go back to FM...yet here I am a victim of my own curiosity.

people go on and on about waiting for the patch but have SI actually confirmed one??

yes, patch confirmed. release date is currenty anticipated as 'before christmas'. however I would suggest that this could be subject to change I guess. Hope that helps

This has made the A-league almost pointless, as you can't register a marque player so most teams have tiny rosters as one man takes up the whole salary cap. I noticed it after playing the game for 2 hours. How the f*ck did a so called professional tester not manage to see it. I don't think they even tested it to be honest, they can't have, if they did they need sacking!!!

Out of eight people I know that bought the game within a week of release four (all casual gamers) have returned it to the retailer after finding it so buggy and/or too difficult to be enjoyable (or not working at all).

Only the hardcore fans seem to be putting up with it at the moment.

The problem is every bug erodes a little bit of goodwill SI has built up over the years.

A friend of mine asked me if I had the game today and I told him what I thought ie the game would be great if it wasn't so buggy. He had heared the same thing from several sources and is not going to buy it this year, he isn't the only one I have heared of either.

99% of the problems are fixable though.

if 99% of the problems are fixable, why oh why, year on year do we have the same bugs cropping up?

I think alot of people have been put off buying the game due to the farce that was FM08 out of the box, and FM09 has been worse not better. At this rate fm10 will be totally unplayable....

This has made the A-league almost pointless, as you can't register a marque player so most teams have tiny rosters as one man takes up the whole salary cap. I noticed it after playing the game for 2 hours. How the f*ck did a so called professional tester not manage to see it. I don't think they even tested it to be honest, they can't have, if they did they need sacking!!!

A friend of mine asked me if I had the game today and I told him what I thought ie the game would be great if it wasn't so buggy. He had heared the same thing from several sources and is not going to buy it this year, he isn't the only one I have heared of either.

if 99% of the problems are fixable, why oh why, year on year do we have the same bugs cropping up?

I think alot of people have been put off buying the game due to the farce that was FM08 out of the box, and FM09 has been worse not better. At this rate fm10 will be totally unplayable....

i cant begin to imagine whats going to happen in fm10....

its either going to be the biggest unplayable farce this side of the black stump

or

SI r guna actually start caring about the paying customer and release a game that doesnt require a week of your life just to get working and end product be quite a decent and enjoyable game

so the only person FOR si games was generalizing he's arguments then realized he was wrong so tried to scurry back to hes trench and now its 99% of these problems are fixable please give up and just admit SI is a farce

Oranjeman, your tone is degenerating and making your argument 'fuzzy'. Stick to the facts (why you are upset with the game) and avoid personal comments- people will respond better!

I think the game has bugs, some of which should have been avoided. However, the only thing we can all do is sit tight and wait for the patch. No choice really. You obviously care about the game- the wait will be worth it. And I have to say, it is annoying seeing new threads everyday with exactly the same content- c'mon guys, use the search tool...

ok before i start my whinge id like to say ive played fm and cm all through out the decade and its been jolly.

this year is a total contrast.... unfinished game released, numerous large/obvious flaws within game and the general feeling that si dont really give a **** about anything rather than making as much money as fast as they can.

the numerous flaws (double players in tactics, goalkeepers doing consistent 80 yard assists, hitting the crossbar continuously, injurys galore and penaltys outside box) just to mention a few of the obvious ones which i know have been annoying the fm community.

How come everyone starts something along the lines of "I've been with fm/cm from the beginning", is it the new "thing" ? Its not like it makes a difference if its a newbie doing this kind of thread.

I see you're point, game should of been delayed, but i guess SEGA would of wanted it out there and then when they chose it to be. Personally though the only 1 i see regular is the goalkeepers assist, I mostly hit the cross and in unless thats just me gettig lucky, injuries have been fixed which is good, I have never seen a penalty given that was outside the box though. The double players in tactics is not a big problem it makes no difference on the game engine.

Your computer, I have had 0 crashes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i cant begin to imagine whats going to happen in fm10....

its either going to be the biggest unplayable farce this side of the black stump

or

SI r guna actually start caring about the paying customer and release a game that doesnt require a week of your life just to get working and end product be quite a decent and enjoyable game

I think these are very harsh comments and more attempts to slag SI off rather than being true. I'm sorry for anybody who's not enjoying the game, but that doesn't give you the right to come here and blatantly shout on how much you hate SI and attack them with unfunded comments.

Yes, I don't post much; I'm busy playing the game. And I'm enjoy it. As everyone said it has flaws, but I don't make them hate the game, I take them as part of the game and I carry on playing.

As my personal experience, I at first had problems with tactics, but after reading the TT forums, listening to my Ass Man (close gaps between defence and midfield, same between midfield and strikers - make player X play on weak foot etc.), I managed to tweak my tactics and it gave me a good start of the league (8 games into my first season, 1 draw and 7 wins with only 1 goal conceded). I however went out of the Italian Serie C cup by a C2 team.

I am playing Verona, the team is expected to finish mid table, however I'm first with a 4 point lead. I'm very happy at how I was able to tweak my tactics to achieve this results so far and it gives me a great satisfaction.

Before you start attacking me, I just state this because I wanted to give my opinion, I'm not at all stating that whoever is not making good progress in the game are lying.

Oh, and I DON't work for SI, but I do work in their same field so I happen to know how hard is to make a software bug free.

It irks me that people seem to think playing FM for a long time makes their "whinges" more reasoned, in saying that I agree about certian things you have said.

I don't think "wait for the patch" is a valid answer to the concerns people have about the game, but then again almost all games require a patch these days. Either way, I don't like the idea of buying faulty products and then having to go out of my way to make them work, but it's not really a big deal is it?

As for delaying release, SI just couldn't do that. Does anyone rememebr the amount of threads there about demo release/game release date, it was horrendous and some of them were less than pelasant. SI are a business and because of the league season/consumer eagerness they are expected to release a game every year and need to make profit from said game every year.

Whilst I don't agree with the "wait for the patch" comment, the fact of the matter is that the game is playable and the glitches that are still present are avoidable or not game breaking.

Not true that all glitches are 'avoidable' or 'not gamebreaking'

How do we avoid the Serie C bug? And that is a game breaking bug if the game doesnt let you continue.

The Champions League bug in Poland, and one that i have been a victim of. If you finish in a Champions League qualifiying spot, you dont expect it to go to someone else lower in the league than you.....but thats what we are dealing with.

Both not avoidable and both game breaking

$100 ? dude you got ripped off. I paid only $80 from ebgames. If I were you i'd stop complaining bout the game and complain at the shop you bought it from

Archived