Do you guys ever use the note function?

No idea what people use it for. What do you guys write? I've never used it. But this version, I've started to write down whose been tutored by who and what they did, ie learn, role modele etc And what PPM I tried them to do before they say "Player X does not think learning that move would benefit his game"

Nope, never use it. I dont think the system works very well.

It's easier to write on scraps of paper or keep a Team.txt file on your desktop! :D

What do you write down tho? Didn't the note function had a bug before the patch and people complain they couldn't write in it?

I use it just to remember for example if a regen is rated as high potential or 'finest of generation'

Those things should be recorded in your shortlist.

I think it's a good idea for SI to have a "Note down" function where it automatically copies and pastes what the scout, coach tutors say.

What do you write down tho?

+Owen is a sterling hoover

+Barton needs selling pronto despite him thinking he is being disrespected

+Sell Ameobi for peanuts if anyone is prepared to offer such a large fee

In reality...

I write down stuff such as which staff roles I'm hoping to close if I find the right person, what knowledge I'm after in scouts (i.e. African), and (as I tend to play one main formation at a time) which positions I have people for (1st team, 2nd string, youth prospect) so at a glance I can see which positions are covered and which need bolstering.

FM could do with a decent (read better) integrated notes system but unless a little effort went into it we might as well just use Notepad.

The reminder function is very useful for potential signings imo. I end up with very long shortlist, and as a rule in the pre-note era if I came across an ideal target I either managed to arrange a transfer straight away, or forget about the player until someone else tried to sign him. These days I set up a reminder and as a result don't keep missing out :)

I agree though as an actual notebook it is useless.

The reminder function is very useful for potential signings imo. I end up with very long shortlist, and as a rule in the pre-note era if I came across an ideal target I either managed to arrange a transfer straight away, or forget about the player until someone else tried to sign him. These days I set up a reminder and as a result don't keep missing out :)

I agree though as an actual notebook it is useless.

I do that, although i do it by just putting them on my shortlist for the desired period. And then when the game tells me he's now removed from my shortlist, i'm reminded to bid for him again :D Much simpler than faffing about setting reminders and whatnot.

Is the because it's filthy and lazy and just wants your ram? :D

Of course. It's using all of that last piece of memory i would like to have for something else, like the calculator. Who knows when i might be needing that, so it's better to have it up on my desktop at all times :D

Filthy and lazy.....i don't even want to go there lol

Of course. It's using all of that last piece of memory i would like to have for something else, like the calculator. Who knows when i might be needing that, so it's better to have it up on my desktop at all times :D

Filthy and lazy.....i don't even want to go there lol

OT: Hehe reminds me of a guy I know who can only be described as Ecologically Challenged. He'll go around my pad every time he turns up at 2 am switching off all my lights and chanting under his breath about 'waste'. It reached a kind of whole new level last week when he objected to my failure to sort my plastics from my carboabrd (I put waste in sacks and dump it in the street, you know like normal selfish planet murderers) with violence. Git now owes me three new chairs.

OT: Hehe reminds me of a guy I know who can only be described as Ecologically Challenged. He'll go around my pad every time he turns up at 2 am switching off all my lights and chanting under his breath about 'waste'. It reached a kind of whole new level last week when he objected to my failure to sort my plastics from my carboabrd (I put waste in sacks and dump it in the street, you know like normal selfish planet murderers) with violence. Git now owes me three new chairs.

LOL. Well, what can i say.... Some people :rolleyes:

Going to bed now so the people can get back on topic.

Still won't use the note function.

If I find a 17 year old who I think will be ideal for me, but I can't sign him because his country of origin won't allow signings of U18 players (ie Brazil), then I'll add a note saying something like "Potential signing" with a reminder on for his 18th birthday.

That way, I get a news item with a reminder on so I can have another look at him to see if I still want to buy him.

I use the "reminder" function to set up:

1. Reminders to renew specific contracts on specific dates

2. Reminders to bid for certain players (e.g., if I expect a substantial change in budget on a certain date, usu. June 22nd or Jan 1st; also for bidding on players who turn 17, or on the day that there are 6 months or 4 weeks left on their contract.)

3. Int'l: reminders to call up certain players (e.g., recovered from injury)

4. Reminders to change training (e.g., from a pre-season bit for players recovering from injury)

I also use notes for things like:

5. Warning myself off of players who have been discipline problems at AI teams

6. Tracking discipline history (warnings, fines) on my squad

7. Noting team-talk styles that either worked spectacularly or failed spectacularly for a given player

8. Noting if player prefers a weaker training schedule, or can hack it on a strenuous schedule

every year i use it when you get new youth players coming in and you get the comments like, one of the most gifted to come through the youth system in many years for example, i will create a note saying 'gifted'

Ofc there are the ones like, will be one of the best players of his generation, to which i create a note saying BEST PLAYER OF HIS GENERATION!!!!

That way you can remember who is supposedly going to have a future at your club from the youth system.

I only use it when I'm the manager of a national team and a manager of a club in the same save. It gets difficult to keep track of what to do as an national team manager when you're playing half a dozen fixtures at club level before the next game.

It's usually to remind myself to call back players in the squad that were withdrawn/injured/left out in the previous squad.

The best use for the notes function, is noting how well/badly they respond to criticism or praise - this can help you an awful lot with morale and people management throughout the game.

Once you learn what the players best respond to, you can customise team talks and pre/post-match comments and even individual praise/criticism for maximum effectiveness.

I only use the notes option for reminding myself when pre season training starts and when it ends... other than that i have a scrap book in which i write everything down... There is about 6 versions of FM/CM history in that book, come to think of it...its getting too big and too thick :p... It has a sentimental value for me

But now when i read some of the notes ppl make here on ending contracts or international call ups and stuuf i ask myself, 'Why ddnt i came up with that?' That is dang handy

I've probably used it about twice in my whole time playing, both times I think to remind me to look at one of my promising U18 players at the end of the season to see if he is ready to be thrown into the full squad or not. Generally I don't find it useful though. I don't use pen and paper either though - I just don't bother with notes :p

Used it once an dont think I looked at the note after I done it. Think it was relating to how he reacted after a certain team talk. A bit of paper was handier.

I say scrap this feature, unless we get a huge response saying KEEP IT.

All those in favour say 'aye'

i use it to remind me to sign players.

i don't write anything in it & just set it to "remind once - daily" until i've signed the guy(s).

when you're signing alot of players it's easy to get lost & forget about someone so the notes do help.

I use it a fair bit, usually as a reminder system

Me too.

Ilike to be reminded that I need to search for a feeder club, that a player has been fined/warned for whatever reason (the second time I increase the punishment), to remind me to praise players on my shortlist so that they'll have me as favoured personnel....etc.

Anything that is giving me a daily reminder would drive me up the wall! If I'm so desparate to sign a player that I'd need reminding every day I just put an offer in for him!

it only lasts a couple of days until i sign him or find that i can't.

usually i only need it if i'm signing a few players at the same time because it's easy to forget about one, especially if he's a new discovery.

we could do with a "notepad" on fm

edit: i use it on the odd occasion if i need reminding about a regen i think/know will be good

Yes, save the treeees!!!! Or something like that.

I don't use the in game notes, but at the start of a new game I go through nearly a full notepad when sorting my staff and players out.

Archived