Telling someone to scout the World

Probably depends on the scout and the country. I had one kindly inform me that he had moved on from Italy to Andorra and what the capital of Andorra is. Thanks for that. He moved on from spotting goats after a few days, thank goodness.

One of my scouts spent about a month in Mongolia...:rolleyes:

I sent one of my scouts to scout the world for American players (actually, I was more interesting in players with a second nationality of American). He went straight to Hong Kong or Singapore or some where as insignificant as that and spent a few weeks there. Obviously he couldn't find anyone and I got sick of waiting so I called him off.

After I decided to check the country myself and sure enough, full of grey players - not one real player.

they stay in one country for sometimes 6 months then move on to the next immediate country, so if you tell them to scout the world and the next thing you see a few days later is XXX has started his world search in egypt for example. Recall him, he will spend the next 4 years in african counties most people have never heard of.

It depends on the knowledge the scout has of that country. I never tried the scout world option but i guess that it only scouts the leagues that are active in your game. If not it would just take forever... right now i have 2 brazilian scouts scouting south america and the assignment started a year and a half ago, so try guessing how much time it would take to scout the world

It depends on the knowledge the scout has of that country. I never tried the scout world option but i guess that it only scouts the leagues that are active in your game. If not it would just take forever... right now i have 2 brazilian scouts scouting south america and the assignment started a year and a half ago, so try guessing how much time it would take to scout the world

no that is'nt true. they go to any country regardless of the leagues you have selected. for instance the first country my scout went to was andorra. believe me, i didnt select andorra, lol.

He stays in a country until he's done (ie maxes out his knowledge bar) - sadly this drops again like a stone when he leaves, and I found that they sometimes revisit a country they've already been to.....

Think i'm gonna recall the guy, he's wasting my time !

To be fair to the apparently sillier destinations, Liberia isn't exactly a hotbed of footballing talent but it produced one of the greatest players of his time. I'm sure there are other examples but George Weah is the one that immediately came to mind.

Another one of my chappies is currently relaxing in San Marino...

I've just had an even worse one. I sent one of my scouts to North America. Thinking USA and Mexico are the obvious ones, then maybe Canada, or even Trinidad & Tobago (as they seem to produce a fair few reasonably good footballers). Instead, I get a report back saying he's scouting some island I've never heard of with a population of 2,000 people....

To be fair to the apparently sillier destinations, Liberia isn't exactly a hotbed of footballing talent but it produced one of the greatest players of his time. I'm sure there are other examples but George Weah is the one that immediately came to mind.

Zizi Roberts is doing quite well for me also.

One of my Scouts keeps flicking between Turkey & Greece. Although he does keep finding so many kids in the countries im starting to think hes michael jackson in disguise. ive been having a go for ages at him secretly loathing his semi-retirement in Turkey & Greece.

Sorry, for me, this is another poorly implemented feature. Thanks for telling us the capital, GDP, and population breakdown. Now, can you do what I sent you to do...FIND SOME PLAYERS!!

i find this information useless in footballing terms, yes its great to boast to your mates down the pub or whatever. But a scout is there to find players for you, not to divulge in the status of the country.

I think that sort of information is just what you would be told if you became the manager of that team. Like you get a run down of a team's history, i've not managed a national team yet so cant say for sure but i would guess thats where it comes from?

I don't really mind it tbh, it doesn't effect my game in any way so i dont see why anyone should care.

I've just had an even worse one. I sent one of my scouts to North America. Thinking USA and Mexico are the obvious ones, then maybe Canada, or even Trinidad & Tobago (as they seem to produce a fair few reasonably good footballers). Instead, I get a report back saying he's scouting some island I've never heard of with a population of 2,000 people....

Aye, he'll be sharing a hotel pool-side with my scout. I don't think the island supports a population big enough to put out 11 footballers - unless the waiters all get time off :cool:

Why don't they just include a yes/no button along the lines of "Scout Bob currently scouting the world has arrived in Aruba. After initial conversations with local coaches he has gained very little new information, but believes Aruba to have only a small pool of players that might be suitable for your team. Should he continue to scout here, or move to his next destination ?

Stay / Move on ?"

This might give us a a little more control.

Another thing I'd really like is to be able to tell my scouts to just scout my damn shortlist one by one....why can't they do that automatically ? Would save me a hell of a lot of time !

Archived