Those little annoyances with your team

Playing as newcastle united, and after having had man utd, chelsea and arsenal one after the other, my team came out with 3 wins and with a few games to go were back top of the league by 1 point.

Anyway, after doing the hard part you'd have thought bolton & villa who have nothing to play for wouldn't be too bad, already scored 13 goals past the pair this season, ends in 1-0 defeats and with 2 games to go put us out of the title race.

Get liverpool, win 5-0, get man city win 7-0 its like icon_mad.gif the teams who were fighting for euro places got turned over easily and had those been the other two games I'd probably have won the league... very irritating lol.

On another note, how the hell do I stop my players throwing it all away its the third season in a row now lol.

Teams like Bolton and Villa will be playing defensive, counter-attacking football against you. Your tactics can easily stop the attacking styles of the Big Four and European contenders, but you need to learn how to break down a very defensive team while avoiding being caught by them on the counter-attack. I'd suggest short, slow passing with a slightly deeper defensive line.

I know that stuff, I always tweak for weaker teams and the same mould earlier in the season which smashed them just saw a team with a 3.4 goal a game average not even score once lol. I always have a few moulds of the same tactic to take into account the opposition, we just seem to throw the league away at the daftest of times, I've come up with a solution though since I have got 100 million to spend this season I'll be taking Rooney & probably Fabgregas to cripple man utd & arsenal and then see about getting chelsea gone lol.

The "little" annoyance with my team is that they almost never score in the second half when they are 2-0 up or better, irrespective of what team talk I use.

Werder Bremen were 6-0 after 35 minutes against Osnabruck in the German Cup first round. I wanted my team to just keep attacking non stop, but they clearly couldn't be bothered and it finished 6-0 icon_mad.gif

Do you by any chance have a very young team? A lack of experience can hurt towards the end of the season.

Also, do you increase your training intensity during pre-season? Doing this gives the players the stamina to keep going right until the last game. If you don't up your training in pre-season, particularly strength and aerobic, then your players may tire towards the end of a long season and their performances can start to slip.

Werder Bremen were 6-0 after 35 minutes against Osnabruck in the German Cup first round. I wanted my team to just keep attacking non stop, but they clearly couldn't be bothered and it finished 6-0 icon_mad.gif

Some of us don't have the liberty of a 6-0 lead going into the break icon_smile.gif

Glamdring- I know exactly hoiw you feel, if i go into the break at 2-0, no matter what teamtalk i use, the players will not perform as well as the first half and i quite often see 2-2 draws by the end of the match. It can get incredibly frustrating, but i guess it is relatively realistic..ish

On another note, how the hell do I stop my players throwing it all away its the third season in a row now

Lower your physical training around March, and maybe put everyone in the same training regime. Not sure if it has any real effect, but seems to work for me.

Werder Bremen were 6-0 after 35 minutes against Osnabruck in the German Cup first round. I wanted my team to just keep attacking non stop, but they clearly couldn't be bothered and it finished 6-0

this is my issue with liverpool, in 1 game i went 9-nil up on Man City at half time, i was almost dancing coz i thought i might break my own record with Liverpool (16-nil), but no, we finished the game 9-nil. It does annoy me a bit. but i guess i'll just learn to be happy with 9! icon_wink.gif

The only season I had a problems late in was my first season (as Derby). We went for 5 straight loss to fall from 12th to 17th. If we didn't beat Blackburn (3-2 thanks to a late goal) we would have probably gone down. Since then the end of the season has been our major strength. I don't do anything with my training really. I hate be a tad more intensive preseason, but throughout the season it's fairly constant.

Archived