Highly rated youth are all single footed

Several board members have done extensive analysis on the topic of single/two footedness. If a player is single footed, his attributes are higher than a similar CA player who can use either foot. This is due to the fact that two footedness takes up a considerable amount of CA. Players like Fazio and Walcott have world-class attributes that is not reflected by their CA. The match engine does take weaker foot into account so a two-footed player will perform better than a single footed player. To what degree? I don't think anyone really knows.

While this system is cumbersome, it is acceptable since the human user can weight down attributes for single footed players.

However, I believe AI scouting system ignores the single/two footedness. Because of this, single footed players tend to get higher star ratings. SI have said that scouting looks at both CA and certain attributes. Since attributes are higher for a single-footed players, they are being over-rated by AI scouts. Most of the high star ratings in my game go to single footed players. This could also affect AI youth policies and transfers. Two footed players will be at a disadvantage because they will get low star ratings.

This issue needs to be addressed by SI, although probably won't be in the next patch.

not many of us on here go by the star rating when buying a player but more his attributes, well I do anyway. Also go by what position he plays, value and age. The star value never comes into it for me

Archived