Bosman rules changed?

I thought clubs could only offer a contract to a player who's contract had expired, who was unattached, on a rolling contract or three months before the end of their exhisting deal? So how come all my best players are accepting contracts from other clubs with 6 months still to run? It means I have to sell all my players max 7 months before their contract expires (if they dont want new deals) not 4 months as in previous versions? This has just lost me 4 million pound as my star striker has agreed to move to Hearts on a bosman at the end of his contract and my right back to Middlesbrough. Total net loss 8.5 million.

Thats more than I have in the bank. :(

I think you are confused "Les Girondins" but basically, ever since the legal agreement reached from the Jean-Marc Bosman case, any team is able to make an approach for a player 6 months before the end of their current contract, and this is the situation for over a decade since the Bosman case itself. English clubs cannot make an approach for another player based at an English club until 6 WEEKS before the end of their current deal, due to English employment law which overrides the bosman ruling.

Archived