whats he trying to say?

so i was alerted to the fact michael bridges contract wsa running out after i had tried to sign him a year back, so i tried to do a pre-contract..he rejected saying he wanted to keep his options open..fair enough i thought..then i try again when it had 2 months left..with the credit crunch and everything you'd think he wanted a deffinate contract:rolleyes: he said he was still keepin options open...then he's contract finishes..i offer him one..he rejects..i checked to see who else was interested and maybe the reasoning for his refusal..no-one..he would rather be unemployed than sign for me:(

its cause ur clubs dirt it happens to me all the time and then players end up retireing

It's really annoying the amount of players that would still be worth something to a lower club retiring, i'd gladly pay most of their wages if i knew they could help me Sutton Utd team.

I think it has something to do with the clubs reputation.

As for them retiring, it is abit silly, maybe something SI could address?

I agree :), maybe, instead of them retiring we could have an option to ask them to train with us, but not on a trial basis (if you get me), but if they perform well, whilst training and fail to find a club, we'd then have the option to sign them. kind of a, trial that is not set to last a certain period of time.

I dont see why this is an issue - not all that many players drop down the leagues, I suppose they think its 'below' them.

Just thinking through recent players and the only ones i come up with are teddy sherringham, darren anderton and nicky barnby.

Most of the good players go out at the top (or pretending to still be at the top - like robbie fowler...)

I dont see why this is an issue - not all that many players drop down the leagues, I suppose they think its 'below' them.

Just thinking through recent players and the only ones i come up with are teddy sherringham, darren anderton and nicky barnby.

Most of the good players go out at the top (or pretending to still be at the top - like robbie fowler...)

I can think of a few (not just dropping from the Prem): Geoff Horsefield, Trevor Sinclair, Jimmy Floyd-Hasslebank, Michael Ricketts, Paul Furlong, Dougie Freedman, Gary Breen, Kevin Nicholls, etc...

Plus there are a few young players such as Lee Barnard who have dropped down divisions

Archived