Favoured Personnel

This is about FM 08 btw.

I'm playing as Athletico Madrid, and am in January in the 2nd season. In the Summer, I signed a lot of regens, who I have been easing into the 1st team. Some have made 10 appearances for me, others none.

I was looking at my club's favoured personnel, and to my surprise 4 of those regens were already on it. Why was this? And how does a player or manager actually get onto favoured personnel?

Thanks in advance.:thup:

In FM 08 it was/is very easy for players to get on the club's favourite personnel list.

- If they played a good/brilliant game against a (main) rival, or even better scored a goal, for just one time. They could already end up on the list

In the 2009 this isn't the case anymore (I think).

I think this is the reason why your regens are on the list already.

- Another way, which seems to be working in FM 2009 as well, is to become the Fans Player of the Season.

For managers it is not that easy to make the list. I believe in FM 08 you could even become disliked very easily if you left the club before the end of your contract (by for example making a career move up). This would even be so if you had huge success with that club.

Don't know whether this still is the case, to be honest.

A winger I bought at Bari scored twice on his debut and I think he got on the list immediately. I didn't check it at the time but about midway through the season he was already on it.

I remember Everton signing Duncan Ferguson from Rangers. He scored in mersey derby victory. Hero status assured from the very early days. So, I guess this sort of thing is plausible.

Archived