How long does it take you to finish a season?

How long do you take to finish a season?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you take to finish a season?

• 1-3 days (Need a life)
    • A week (I fit FM into my schedule
    • 2 weeks (Ah yes I forgot about FM)
    • Month + (I have a busy life style)

Depends what I'm doing and what I've got it set up as, on average a season takes 24 hours if I've got key highlights on. If I have just text commentary it drops to 15 hours (shocking that in a season theres 9 hours of highlights or highlight related delays) so sometimes if I'm sat at home with not a lot to do I can do a season in 3 days.

a couple of months. i play a couple hours here and there and i like to go over stuff i think taking a day or two is rushing it too much but then people may say i take too long.

i used to do a season in a week or so but really as much as i love fm i just not going to sit on computer for marathon sessions :D

On weekends or whenever I'm off work, I can run through a season in a day. During the week, it will take 2-3 days depending on what else I have to do. I started my current game last weekend when I was off for the Thanksgiving holiday and I'm now in the 2014-15 season.

when I procrastinate my schoolwork on the weekends, each season takes 1-2 days holiday-ing through most games. (though with MLS I can often finish 2 seasons in one day holiday-ing over most of the offseason in 08)

Two weeks to a month. I did my first season in about a week but that's cos i'd booked a week off work after release day :D

I also find managing an English team (at any level) or any team in Euro competition takes longer, as games come on average every 3-4 days. When I'm managing a lower league continental side with at most a match per week I fly through seasons a lot quicker.

i disagree with the voting options at the top because i fit in to the 'do nothing else but play fm' catergory, and when im not playing im on here, yet it still takes me a good few weeks cos im so slow and thorough.

i watch matches slowly and take my time.

my borother recently came up , whoipped through a season in 2 days, won everything with liverpool n got bored, in this time i played about5 games!

I wont vote, because it depends. If I've got a day off work, and nothing to do, I'll finish it within that day. If I'm working and busy outside of work, could be anywhere between 3 and 10 days.

Good point m8!!!

The poll is actually set up wrongly, if you read most posts it seems to take roughly 10-16 hours of game time.

It should be set up for game hours per season.

Personally, I'm married with children, so I get a couple hours most nights after everyone in bed, approx 11pm-1am, with weekends being totally dependant on how busy I am. This weekend being only couple weeks to Xmas my pc, never mind Fm2009, hasn't been on at all, just too much else to do. But in general a sesaon takes me roughly a week.

i play for a season around 2 days...but it depends...cause if i have a free day, i can make 2 seasons in one day...but usually, a season will end for me in about 6 hours(3-4 hours in a day-sometimes more/less and the other in the other day)...but as i said, i can make 2 seasons in a day, if i am in the mood

I have(and I am not showing off here) a proper gamming system as I play alot of different games,this game runs really fast for me but as it has so much micro management it took me 21hours of game time to play 1 season,it was a successful season as I got Ipswich promotted but I cant for the life of me get into the game when it is like this,I have kept my Ipswich save and tried many other teams but if I dont micro manage I cant be successful,I will wait for the patch and pray I get that pick up and play feeling again and not the pick up and plough I have now.

A Week (almost through my 3rd season and I got it 5 days after release).

Reasons... work, gf, social life, had to repair my pc after a loss against Real Madrid (I just hate them, oooh I really hate them).. In addition, I'm probably reading on the forums for around 50 % of the time I'm playing lol.

It has took me (game time) 1 day and 3 hours to get up to February 09 with Redditch , after starting unemployed , i was offerd the Redditch job in September . I like to go into detail e.g. Keep an eye on my reserves/academy , arrange training etc

I'm not one for going into too much detail with the game, but it's already taken me 13 hours to get to November :D

seriously?? it usually takes me 2-3 weeks to finish a season and i will play a few hours a day, maybe 3 - 5. I like to immerse myself in the game, especially when it comes to transfer dealing and scouting young talent.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to speed everything up.. Do you use pre-saved selections and tactics for every game? Match speed? Commentary only? I think i get too obsessed when it comes to team selection and tactics :(

it takes me ages as i play on extended highlights and slow down the match action. Every game is vital and so enjoyable.

i would say approx 30-35 hours of game time per season. I dont get as much time as i used to 5 years ago, i normally play 2-3 hour sessions and i only get to play these once every 2/3 weeks!!!

The odd time if i have weekend to myself, then i can play from 3pm saturday until 3am......and amazingly i never feel tired (as i would if i was watching tv). Those were the days.

Archived