imageshack

I know it may be a lot to ask, and potentially a stupid thread, but could people please refrain from using imageshack?

When I click on links for Screenshots, it takes me to the imageshack page. It then proceeds to do nothing for about 20-30 seconds, becfore finally showing me the thumbnail of the picture. When I click on this thumbnail, not only does it open the picture up in a new tab / window - it also opens up a popup (despite me having popups turned off) - and its very frustrating.

www.photobucket.com

www.tinypic.com

There are 2 other websites that you can upload your pictures on. They are free, and personally for me, photobucket is the best. You can easily create an account in minutes, and from there, easily navigate the site, add folders for photos and its generally a lot quicker and better than any other I've looked on.

Cheers.

Cheers lads :thup:

It wouldn't bother me if, like ANDHELSON just mentioned, they didn't have popups and took you right to the main pic, like before, but obviously the popup is bringing them in the money, and they need to keep it. And I love to look at others screenies and get involved in threads, and if its on image shack, I usually just close the window and ignore the thread :(

Yeah i know what you mean but iv never figured out how to do this , any help ??

you can do it but by clicking advance answer or sum like tht and going down to manage attachments i think but when i try to do it i get this message

qoep02.jpg

OOOO IT WORKED USE TINYPIC TO DO THIS AND IT WORKS :thup:

I hate full screenshots in threads though, as it means scrolling across to be able to read everything in the post properly.

Same here, it also makes threads take longer to open for me and often causes them to stop halfway while a slow image (often imageshack) is loading. The Funny Screenshots Thread is an example of this, takes ages to get to the most recent post.

Same here, it also makes threads take longer to open for me and often causes them to stop halfway while a slow image (often imageshack) is loading. The Funny Screenshots Thread is an example of this, takes ages to get to the most recent post.

Thats more likely down to the posters not optimising their images before uploading. If they bothered to save them in jpeg format, compress them to around 70% and then upload it would be a lot faster. ;) Also we don't need people uploading screenshots in 1680x resolution do we? Its just user ignorance.

I've never had any problems when I upload pictures with imageshack, but I do experience the pop-ups-despite-having-a-pop-up-blocker-turned-on problem with other peoples pictures.

I'll try one of the other ones to see if I like them better.

I use Imageshack, but always link directly to the image url, than the Imageshack page...

Likewise, even though it says the following next to the direct link URL:

DO NOT Use Link Below when posting. Use FORUM Links above for posts.

I mean, I'm kind enough to not actually embed the image directly, because I know that can use a lot of bandwidth. But I'm not going to force people to tolerate pop-ups and rubbish flash ads just to see a single screenshot.

The reason I use Imageshack is because I've got a program where, with a single button press, I can capture the active window and automatically upload it, and then automatically copy the direct link URL to my clipboard. As seen here, with Steam updating:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9250/12072008173333by0.jpg

It means that a process that would normally take 5+ minutes (manually cropping out everything outside of the active window using Paint. Saving that image in a folder. Opening up Firefox. Going to imageshack.us. Uploading the image. Selecting the advanced linking options. Manually selecting the URL, and copying) takes around 10 seconds (Press F2. Wait for it to upload and automatically copy to clipboard).

Likewise, even though it says the following next to the direct link URL:

DO NOT Use Link Below when posting. Use FORUM Links above for posts.

I mean, I'm kind enough to not actually embed the image directly, because I know that can use a lot of bandwidth. But I'm not going to force people to tolerate pop-ups and rubbish flash ads just to see a single screenshot.

The reason I use Imageshack is because I've got a program where, with a single button press, I can capture the active window and automatically upload it, and then automatically copy the direct link URL to my clipboard. As seen here, with Steam updating:

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9250/12072008173333by0.jpg

It means that a process that would normally take 5+ minutes (manually cropping out everything outside of the active window using Paint. Saving that image in a folder. Opening up Firefox. Going to imageshack.us. Uploading the image. Selecting the advanced linking options. Manually selecting the URL, and copying) takes around 10 seconds (Press F2. Wait for it to upload and automatically copy to clipboard).

What's the app? Sounds extremely useful. :thup:

What's the app? Sounds extremely useful. :thup:

Quickshot. It's a great little tool. It's years since the last update now, but it's pretty much perfect. Not much you could see as needing improvement. Quite configurable, too. You can change the image format (PNG or JPG), you can change what link to copy to the clipboard, you can change the shortcut keys themselves (incase, for example, you want to take a screenshot of a first-person shooter, but you use Alt+S to walk backwards), you can specify which folder on your hard drive to save images to, you can change the quality of the JPG, and you can link it with an Imageshack account if you like, in order to have all the image uploads appear in one place on your account page for future reference.

It's such a timesaver when you're sending screenshots to people, or posting them on here. Couldn't do without it, myself. :)

Quickshot. It's a great little tool. It's years since the last update now, but it's pretty much perfect. Not much you could see as needing improvement. Quite configurable, too. You can change the image format (PNG or JPG), you can change what link to copy to the clipboard, you can change the shortcut keys themselves (incase, for example, you want to take a screenshot of a first-person shooter, but you use Alt+S to walk backwards), you can specify which window on your hard drive to save images to, you can change the quality of the JPG, and you can link it with an Imageshack account if you like, in order to have all the image uploads appear in one place on your account page for future reference.

It's such a timesaver when you're sending screenshots to people, or posting them on here. Couldn't do without it, myself. :)

Thanks very much Mr. Walrus. :thup:

Archived