How to sign the one player I want?

Aston Villa have got a CB that I have had my eyes since last season he is quick good in the air and 22 years old. I didnt have enough money last season and he was valued at £17 million now one season later he is valued at £29 million. I have unsettled him and he is considering his options and I am on his favoured personel. Villa want £66 million for him which is way too much obviously. I have just sold one of my CBs for £30 million as long as the deal goes through. I have a budget of £43 million, so do I wait and set my sights on someone else? Or would this be a mistake as now he is unsettled, I could end up spending alot of money on someone not as good and then he might get a transfer somewhere else. So what do I do to get this player?

Spread the cost over 24 months so you dont have to pay all of it from this seasons budget.

I thought of that but its still alot of money. I mean am I being tight in not wanting to pay £52 million for a CB, thats the lowest I can get them to.

Just sold Leo for £30 million so bought the guy for £50 million. I figured I would snap their hand off if they said we want £20 million plus Leo so thats how I justify being ripped off lol. That and I didnt need any other players and still have £40 million in the bank and £12 million left to spend.

One thing that worked for me on FM08 when make big offers was to make it a non-negotiable offer. Clubs would keep coming back with higher and higher money deals, so I'd just say accept £x million, take it or leave it. Obviously it would still have to be a decent offer. Also I noticed sometimes that they were more willing to deal for straight up cash rather that a little upfront and the rest spread over 12 or 24 months.

Archived