Mascio - Real player?

Hi All, I'm sure by now most people would have heard and bought a young kid from Cisco Roma called Mascio but is he actually a 'real' player? According to the Cisco Roma website he's not in any of the squad lists and have googled his name and you just get people mentioning him from FM forums. Could he be another To Maderia from a few FM's ago?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he does exist he certainly isnt a Cisco Roma player. I searched for his real name in all of Cisco Roma's IRL squads and nothing.

In an Italian forum (I cant read Italian too well...) there was something about wrong players in Cisco Roma...

This proves that using FMscout doesnt mean you will have the best players around. Most people search for players with huge PAs and they would miss out on this guy as his PA is not the highest.

He looks wicked on your game even better than on mine and I bought him, damn your game lol.

I started a thread about this "player" in a italian forum, and i can confirm that nobody knows him. The Cisco researcher himself was surprised, because he has not includede "Mascio" in the squad, he is pretty sure about that. He was created with CA = 0, so no trace of him in the best ca11.

I can assure you, all italian researcher are upset and are still trying to understand how he could be added to the game.

• 4 weeks later...
I started a thread about this "player" in a italian forum, and i can confirm that nobody knows him. The Cisco researcher himself was surprised, because he has not includede "Mascio" in the squad, he is pretty sure about that. He was created with CA = 0, so no trace of him in the best ca11.

I can assure you, all italian researcher are upset and are still trying to understand how he could be added to the game.

My researcher database says that he was created by the Italian research team, but probably not by the Cisco researcher. From looking at the db, I'd say it was the Siena researcher who created him and transferred him to Cisco. But I'm just guessing.

Edit: Oh, the thread was pretty old. :D

Any news since the last post of the thread was made?

Can you remember John Fleck in FM08? His stats were all just randomised, meaning that he could be the worlds best Striker, or the the worst?

Is this Mascio lad similar?(NB: I mean in terms of stats. I know John Fleck is real)

Until this thread, I hadn't actually seen this Mascio player before. On my game, he's only worth 20k... he also plays for Pisa.(He did move to Pisa, from Cisco, mind. This is in the very first season).

Anyway, he doesn't seem that impressive. Apart from Penalty and Free Kick taking, his Determination, Flair and Natural Fitness are his only other 'impressive' stats.

I'll sign him anyway. Hopefully he'll turn out to be good in the future.

Mascio isn't real.

He is an anomaly in the game, a random creation in the database -somewhat of a freak of computing nature. Some say he is the embodiment of FM - an attempt for the game to represent itself in playabale form. It's uncontrolled by the developers, the game is growing its own thought processes and abilities to imitate itself through its own free will.

What we are see here is the first step of artificial intelligence procreating - striving for the basic human wants of reproduction. Do not be fooled, 'Mascio' is the first hard evidence we have of technology growing apart from human control. The SI developers may well be at the forefront of science.

Archived