Question about the upcoming 9.02 patch?

Ok, I have had this game since a month but I have yet to play it because of my busy schedule. However, since patch 9.01 came out, I have been altering many attributes and a lot of other things in the Data editor on my free time; naturally, all of the editing took A LONG LONG time.

I do not want all of the work that I did to be futile, so I am wondering(actually hoping) if there is anyway I can transfer all those edited attributes to 9.02 patched version of the game(when it comes out) without manually having to do them all over again.

If not, I am unfortunatley stuck with playing the 9.01 version of the game until FM2010 comes out... :)

I imagine you can just load that database when you start a new game. You do get the choice to do so, but you'd miss out on the updated database that SI (usually) include. So you'll probably have to do transfers yourself.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

You can use the database you have creatad, at the start of the game, it will ask which database to be used either the original V9.1.0, the patched V9.2.0 (when it comes out and if it contains a dataupdate) or YOUR created/adjusted database.

You can also start a game which runs on the second patch and play it with the "old" database.

Yes, there should be. You get to pick the database you want when you start a new game.

The second patch almost always comes with a new database, but you don't have to use that one. You can pick yours.

You can use the database you have creatad, at the start of the game, it will ask which database to be used either the original V9.1.0, the patched V9.2.0 (when it comes out and if it contains a dataupdate) or YOUR created/adjusted database.

You can also start a game which runs on the second patch and play it with the "old" database.

I really apologize if I sound like a newb, ignorant, or clearly missing a significant point, but I am confused. When you start the game, are you not only able to choose only ONE version of the game? For instance, if I were to start a game right now, after clicking on 'New Game', I would only have 3 options: 9.0, 9.01, and 9.01Edited(which is the title of my edited database of version 9.01) So in the future, when I download 9.02, how is it possible to play 9.02 with the database from 9.01Edited?

Thanks a lot for your time/posts.

When you have patched the game to the latest verions, eg. V9.2.0 the game will run with the V9.2.0 software but you can choose which database you will be using.

It is not that you can start different games with different software version, you only CAN choos wich database you want to use for the game you are about to start.

The patch updates the game software to solve bugs, tweak items etc. but the game uses a database for all the players data.

OO000000... I think I got it now! So for example, once I patch the game to 9.02, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to play, for instance, the 9.01 software version of the game, right? Or if I patch it to 9.02, I CAN'T play the 9.00 version of the game even if I wanted to, right? And when you start a new game, you are only asked which DATABASE you want, not which version of the game you want to play, right?

Thanks a lot for your post! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry to ask this again; I just want to reconfirm before I invest WEEKS into this game.

So for example, once I patch the game to 9.02, it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to play, for instance, the 9.01 software version of the game, right? Or if I patch it to 9.02, I CAN'T play the 9.00 version of the game even if I wanted to, right? And when you start a new game, you are only asked which DATABASE you want, not which version of the game you want to play, right?

Because, I want to use my old database with the new patch.

Thanks Micado and Avatarst again though!

Archived