Disappointed in Preferred Move Choices?

I really like the ability to ask players to learn a preferred move and the player deciding whether or not to do it. I think its a great addition.

But..... (of course there had to be a but) the choices seem rather limited, or at least rather generic.

There's the choice of either shooting with accuracy or power. The choice to either go hard or not in a tackle. The choice of what side of the field to dribble up.

There are preferred moves that you can't chose though. One of my players started with "curls ball". That's not a choice.

Then there's "argues with officials". Now I don't want to have that as a choice to learn, but I would like to have it as a choice to "unlearn".

Does anyone else think that the choices are kinda limited and what other preferred moves would you like to see as choices?

For the most part I think it's really well done. There's a couple more I'd like to see as choices, like "argues with officials", "tries long range free kicks", and "marks opponent tightly", but I can't say I'm disappointed.

EDIT: other nice choices to teach would've been "hugs line", "cuts inside" and "comes deep to get ball". I imagine those things can be learned.

Archived