A question for people who didn't play fm08 and stuck with 07

I moved!

Decided the few extra bits and pieces were worth a try after missing out on the other extra bits and pieces appearing in 08. I do think, now after a seasons play, I'd find it very hard to go back.

When you're playing nice 07 game you cant help but think 'it'd be nice with a few more bits and pieces' and 09 brings that plus the 3D Matches. The latter is the feature that clinches it. Now its been patched (and perhaps will be again shortly which will only improve things further) it can be an entertaining sight. Watching your players run around, tackling, shooting... you feel a little more involved now there are more than just circles.

Yes there are some annoying things I hope they iron out and its definitely not as smooth a user experience as found in 07 (actually moving between screens in the UI takes a fraction longer when it should be exactly the same - its minor, but something you'd pick up on straight away if you were affected. I do not really notice it so much now but hope its eradicated in the future). The 'Match Flow' can be somewhat tiresome, press conferences have what can only be described as poor questions/answers but they are far from terriable and I'd miss them were they no longer present.

There are plenty of improvements over 07, but this really boils down to additional features offered rather than improved design and integration. It hasnt the best design in the world, in fact its a little outdated in places and some polish/redesign wouldnt go amiss but for me - its the current No.1 and it was worth jumping from 07 up to 09. For 20quid you cant really complain, but I still like to from time to time because it should be a better quality package. Rough genious, thats what FM offers.

I havent the best spec PC in the world (I tend not to play many/demanding games on PC's these days) so if you have something equal or better all should be fine (3.5Ghz P4, 2GB, Radeon X1950Pro).

Buy! After a few days you'll be hooked.

Archived