Playing fm tipsy??

I played drunk on my FM08 game as hartlepool and knocked out Man City in the FA cup 3rd round... Believe I slipped 3 places in the table after that though, which was odd considering i was 14 points clear at the top of the table.

Blurred vision maybe caused the confusion? :D

i play fm 2006 and i have had the game since february 2008 and i am always drunk when i play it! However i am doing very well i am up to the championship at the start of the 4th season with my barnet team and correct me if im wrong but barnet are the worst league team in fm 2006? so its taken me about 10 months to play 3 seasons i watch matches in extended highlights by the way and i have full control of my reserve and youth team squads. Im fine with tactics and formations and making substitutions when im drunk but i do have a nasty habit of buying too many players, looking at my squad now i have 119 players in my 1st reserve and youth teams altogether!

Here's an interesting one - the best tactics are always created when you are drunk ;). Who agrees?

i came up with my all conquoring barnet fm2006 tactic whilst drunk :p 2 centre forwards aml amr cutting into the box, cm pushing on (all the way to the penalty area if the right players are fit) wbl wbr pushing onto aml amr positions or dl dr pushing onto aml amr positions if i feel conservative! dm and 2 cb.

im about to start my first season in the championship, i think i may have problems with my playing style yet i am hopeful! I just got a killer striker from liverpool on a free transfer and he plays like pele compared to my other players in the pre season friendlies.

In FM08 I had this save game with Arsenal. One friday night I came home from the pub at 2AM, but couldn't sleep at all, so I thought okay gonna play FM till I fall asleep.

What happens, the first 2 games went all right, but both my left backs got injured. So I have to play against Man Utd and I thought okay let's do a little experiment. Robin van Persie is my only left footed player. Let's put him left back. Made perfect sense to me at the time.

Cris Ronaldo scored a hat trick, surprise surprise. Mind you, Van Persie made an assist though :D

i came up with my all conquoring barnet fm2006 tactic whilst drunk :p 2 centre forwards aml amr cutting into the box, cm pushing on (all the way to the penalty area if the right players are fit) wbl wbr pushing onto aml amr positions or dl dr pushing onto aml amr positions if i feel conservative! dm and 2 cb.

im about to start my first season in the championship, i think i may have problems with my playing style yet i am hopeful! I just got a killer striker from liverpool on a free transfer and he plays like pele compared to my other players in the pre season friendlies.

that is actually the formation i use and it has got me to the top of the table in the prem with liverpool.

that is actually the formation i use and it has got me to the top of the table in the prem with liverpool.

interesting! i will try my offensive tactic in the championship then! i may just start the season this weekend after i have finished ploughing through all the pre season friendlies i have arranged for my 1st/reserve/youth squads.

I once spent 107 million on Cristiano Ronaldo when my wingers finished with and 8.05 and a 9.25 avg rating at the end of the season.

When I play drunk I also endup buying players I really don't need, which leads to players unhappy of lacking first team matches.

Oh and strange tactics I create, which seem to be working fairly well until the next day.

Drunken FM'ing really should have its own forum where we can all swap stories about ruined games and blown promotions. I know I've ruined many a save while playing it during a night on the beer. I really should know better than to drink and play, but I do it anyway. :D

Archived