A few quick observations

I've been devoted to CM/FM for years now, and generally stay fairly calm regarding bugs/annoying gameplay etc.. because I know a patch will soon be along to fix the problem. With FMo8 however, there are a few things in the game that annoy me and I need to get them off my chest:

Playing as Arsenal in 2010. Won EPL and Champions League. End of season the board are PLEASED with my performance, but DISAPPOINTED with our performance in the Charity Shield (Lost 3-2 to Liverpool) Surely by now they would have forgiven me.

Sold Carlos Vela to Liverpool for £30m, despite him never playing a game for me. Then the game said he had found himself out in the cold at the Emirates. He had only come back from his loan spell. £30m for a lad who has never played a first team game for a top team. Got another £30m from valencia for Traore, with a 35% of next sale clause. Again, stupid money for an untried player.

Have nearly £160m of a transfer kitty, and loads of cash in the club. Yet the chairman accepted a bid for Fabregas from Barcelona of £33m, saying the offer was too good to turn down. FM09 must have a facility for the manager to issue an ultimatum in these instances.

Have a few more minor complaints but these have already been documented on other threads. Otherwise I'm still as enthusiastic as I ever was.

I agree mate, I hate it when that sort of thing happens, I just penned and article the other day about a bug that keeps doing my head in on my Sunderland game (basically Michael Chopra keeps feeling home-sick even though he was born in Newcastle) and it is soing my head in! Lots of little niggles like this that ruin enjoyment in the game need to be ironed out by FM09.

Archived