Problem

Right everytime until today FM has worked fine for me but all of a sudden i try to get onto my game and these messgaes come up, 1st I get a message saying "Football manager 2009 is already running" when its clearly Not! Then the following message comes up "XML Parsing error! - not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of Profile0.xml

How can i sort this out?

Thanks Tom

Right Ive tried this changed the traget key too - "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences but when ever i press okay this message come up - The name "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

:S WTF :S

thanks again :)

I can't play the game due to an XML parsing error

If you have a shortcut on your desktop you can do the following:

• Right-click on the FM shortcut.
  • Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu.
  • In the "Target" field, add the --reset_preferences command line option after "fm.exe", so it should look like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences
  • Press OK and then try to run the game as normal, using the shortcut.

You'll want to remove the command after you run the game, as otherwise it will continue to reset your preferences every time you launch.

If you don't have a shortcut you can make one and then perform the instructions on the shortcut you've made.

• If you purchased and installed the game through Steam you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Football Manager 2009/
  • If you purchased and installed the game from a boxed DVD copy you should be able to find the fm.exe in the following directory:
    C:/Program Files/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

Hey Ive tried that mate and this message comes up?

Right Ive tried this changed the traget key too - "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences but when ever i press okay this message come up - The name "C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe" --reset_preferences specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

Hey Ive tried that mate and this message comes up?

I'm not sure why that's coming up mate, I just copied & pasted from this thread.

Ye Ive been trying that thread Do you think its got anything to do with the fact when i click the game i get a warning saying the games already running when It isnt?

thanks mate

Yeah probably. Maybe just to make sure try turning off your computer & turning it on again. Then try what I told you to do again. Its a long shot but it just might work. :)

if none of these other suggestions work mate, i would try as a last resort, reinstall using unilock, i used steam at first and just had problem after problem but since i reinstalled it with unilock its worked like a gem no probs whatsoever, its maybe a last resort for u if nothing else works

good luck

i had that problem too the only way i could do it was to completely get rid of steam(no bad thing let me tell you) as the only uninstall program was a file that did nothing, or my mate couldn't get steam off at all so just re-installed the game again and used unilock and it works for him even though he didn;t uninstall from steam, don't quite know how but he was missin an auditfile and now after just installing the game again it works ok for him

honestly that steam is a steamin pile of pee to put it politely

Archived