how are doing on your save games?...

Its taken me now since i bought the game on the day of release up until now to finally have found the right tactic. So i thought i would start over and begin my journey in the football manager world with my beloved Ipswich Town.

Being a huge Ipswich Town fan i love to play with Ipswich and attempt to take them back into the Premier League!

This season i feel we have an amazing side who can quite easily achieve promotion! The situation is no different on the game.

However, the left side of midfield is a bit dodgy and somewhere on the pitch that needs attention paid to. I dipped into my £4.8m transfer budget and signed the quality Joe Ledley from Cardiff for a mere £3m! Bargain i think! Considering he is only 21 years old and could well be the next Ryan Giggs! (He is Welsh too!)

I have always been a fan of searching for young gems to bring into the world! I managed to find 3 young gems on good deals!

Fabian Delph from Leeds for £825k

Henrique Gomes from Sporting Cp for £50k

Herold Goulon on a free transfer.

After a good pre season i started the campaign with a 2 - 0 home win over Charlton. I then made a whole team of changes to have a look at my 2nd side to play Dag & Red in the 1st round of the carling cup which i went on to win 2 - 0. Next was a tricky away tie to Plymouth, i managed pluck out a 1-0 win. Then i beat QPR at home 1-0 after a solid display! I should have trounced these! By now im starting to get a bit agitated with Lisbie, Counago and Stead. Lisbie has scored 2, Counago 1(from the spot) and stead none. They have all had chances galore as yet and are starting to wind me up a little lol Next was Doncaster away in the 2nd round of the carling cup. I made just a few changes, i figured as my key strikers arent hitting form id give Haynesy and Rhodes a go, they done well but also missed alot of chances. I changed my tactics to defensive counter as i figured doncaster were in same league as me theyd give me a stern test. I lost 1-0...oops.

Nothing to worry about i feel. During the game my left back Ben thatcher picked up and injury and it came to my attention i needed a solid replacement.

I dipped into the transfer market to sign Adam Drury from arch rivals norwich for £500k! good signing i think! especially for his attributes. I also managed to get tottenham as a parent club and they loaned to me Radwan Hamed. Im not sure of capabilities yet but im placing him in reserves to see how he gets on first. I also managed to get Mark Randall on loan from Arsenal for season. I feel Ipswich and Arsenal share the same passion for the game and play very similar, Obviouslyyyy Arsenal play the passing style of football alot better!(them being top4 prem side and all)

Next game was Watford, i made the silly mistake of again playin defensive, i this time went for 4 5 1 def playing like this

Wright

Volz Naylor Bruce (mccauley injured for 3 months!ouch) Drury

Campo

Walters Garvan Shumilikoski ledley

Lisbie

I lost 1 - 0! Next up is Coventry at home! I am going back to my 4 4 2 formation and sticking with it now!

Ledley has picked up an injury sidelining him for a month! sucks!

Il Keep updated with my season as i go....

Has anybody else tried Ipswich out? How are you getting on?

well i sorta got carried away with my season im now in season 4! the first season i finished 2nd in the championship! my tactics finally kicked in and done awesome!

First season in the prem and the board give me a shockingly, rubbish transfer budget of £2m, WOO! thanks chaps! im really going to survive on that! christ!

Anyway with so little funds i had to raise my own funds! that being said i went off to sell richard wright for £1.2m, David Wright for £2.2m, Jon Stead for £1.3m, Alan Quinn for £850k and Kevin Lisbie for £1m ! Not bad, i think!

i decided to sell wrighty as i had full confidence in supple to come up and show his worth. in previous football manager games supple has always been a good goalie in my eyes. any way these are the players i signed who i felt would keep me in the prem!

Kelvin batey for free from dundee utd (young gem)

shola ameobi for free from newcastle

keith stevenson from dundee for free (young gem)

hamed nomouchi from fc lorient for free (class player)

rob maas from cambuur for £2.4m (young goaly - quality!)

ched evans on loan!

hreidarsson for 150k

paul caddis from celtic for 2.2m(yougn right back)

rodney sneijder from ajax for 1.3m(wesleys younger bro)

alessandro matri for 2.5m from cagliari

Anyway i done well and survived the prem by goal difference! i had 2 goals better than reading! heartbreak for them, but a survival by goal difference on last game of season was exciting stuff!

3rd season -

after a season in the prem and a very low wage salary our finances managed to build up to a healthy £30m! lovely! i got given a £8m kitty

with that i bought

steven fletcher for £4.9m

frazier campbell on a free transfer! (wow)

marek cech for 1.3m

manuel da costa for 750k

and daniel ramos for 800k(young gem)

i also sold

ameobi for 3.1m despite him being my top scorer he had to go as he was never going to get over 10goals!

ched evans was back at man city after rejecting my new loan bid, he was scoring alot of goals for me!

david norris for 1.9m

sold other various players on frees as they were not needed!

i started the season with 9 defeats in 9 games, my tactics were clearly not working anymore so i went on to this site to find some new tactics, i found, a 4 4 2 tactic, it has worked absolute wonders! off top of my head i cannot remember who created it, but it is amazing! he basically made 5 different 4 4 2 sets of tactics! shut up shop, defensive, standard, attacking, attacking 2

has worked marvellously! fletcher and campbell were both scoring goals for fun! campbell earned his first england cap and delph came through as a first team regular! he has been sensational! my first team was now looking like this!

supple

caddis

bruce (or navas)

da costa (or valiente(from barcelona)

cech

Namouchi (amazing player!)

garvan

delph

ledley

fletcher

campbell

i had started to get a good team together with alot of top young players coming through! the future was looking bright! even tht team there is still very young and growing together. Its exciting atm and i cannot get enough of it!

anyways,,, the new tactics worked a treat and i ended up finishing 6 points clear of relegation! defying the odds 2 seasons in a row! the last 2 season the bookies has me 100%complete favourites to finish BOTTOM let alone relagated!

4th season -

my team was lookin complete and i felt i didnt need to spend much even though i got a whopping £20m to spend this year! awesome!

i felt it was time to go out and get a quality keeper! supple had done enougn over the last two seasons and done me proud! but i felt with a better keeper i could push for mid table or higher. so i went out and signed daniel fernandes for £15.5m! £8m straight away and £7.5m over 18months.

Quality deal, he had gtreat stats and quality average ratings from last two seasons so why not!

i also signed ugbah akeem from arsenal ( ayoung gem!) for 2.5m

rabiu ibrahim from sporting for free(young gem)

thats all i signed! showing alot of confidence in my side! i sold more players off who i didnt really need.

i am now 22 games in and i am sitting 11th on 27 points and 11 points clear of relegation. my team gone to next step, and it appears i could be pushing for a mid table finish!

its been a long journey so far, but very exciting, ive loved it!

ive been rejecting offers from prem clubs here there and everywhere, chelsea offered me contract beginning of season but i rejected as all their squad is getting old and i didnt feel i could do with them what there board would have expected! with such a quality young team here aswell i wanted to stay and see how far i could take ipswich. as a true fan of ipswich i would love nothing better than to win them the premiership! fingers crossed!

Anybody got some stories with ipswich careers?

well for me i am in january of my first season and i am liverpool. i have had a takeover and i have sold these players:

arbeloa- city for 56 million

pennant- tottenham 16 million

aurelio- city 22 million

itandje- barcelona 9 million

benayoun- villa 14 million

lucas- 29 million city (20 million buy back clause)

total: 137 million

i then asked for more money on my first day and got 12 million so that is a total of 139 million to spend on players.....wow did i spend. ;)

balotelli- 11 million

podolski- 9 million

owen- 7 million

ovaldo (or something like that, italian attacking mid 22 years old)- 5 million

witsel- 6 million

rafinha- 11 million

bale- 13 million + add ons

petrov (villa)- 6 million

wilshire- 8 million (wanted him straight away as everyone was raving about him)

buying back lucas- 20 million

danny elliot- 250k (poss 1.8 mil)

fabian delph- 750k

john bostock 1.2 million

total = 98.2 million

28.8 million left and i am looking for a centre back, young full back, young keeper and young hodling mid. any recomendations?

away from that, i an still unbeaten in the league although i was knocked out of the league cup semi's and i finished top of my group in the champs league and i lost 1 game to porto. so far i have lost 2 games this season (drew 8 in all competitions) and i am on course to win the league! :) i have found my perfect tactic and it is working well as i rotate my strikers and they continue to score. i have only had 3 long term injuries so far and they are keane- 3 months (almost back now) torres 1 month (back now) dossena 5 months (still out) so i am doing well on the injury side. so far so good. :cool:

well for me i am in january of my first season and i am liverpool. i have had a takeover and i have sold these players:

arbeloa- city for 56 million

pennant- tottenham 16 million

aurelio- city 22 million

itandje- barcelona 9 million

benayoun- villa 14 million

lucas- 29 million city (20 million buy back clause)

total: 137 million

i then asked for more money on my first day and got 12 million so that is a total of 139 million to spend on players.....wow did i spend. ;)

balotelli- 11 million

podolski- 9 million

owen- 7 million

ovaldo (or something like that, italian attacking mid 22 years old)- 5 million

witsel- 6 million

rafinha- 11 million

bale- 13 million + add ons

petrov (villa)- 6 million

wilshire- 8 million (wanted him straight away as everyone was raving about him)

buying back lucas- 20 million

danny elliot- 250k (poss 1.8 mil)

fabian delph- 750k

john bostock 1.2 million

total = 98.2 million

28.8 million left and i am looking for a centre back, young full back, young keeper and young hodling mid. any recomendations?

away from that, i an still unbeaten in the league although i was knocked out of the league cup semi's and i finished top of my group in the champs league and i lost 1 game to porto. so far i have lost 2 games this season (drew 8 in all competitions) and i am on course to win the league! :) i have found my perfect tactic and it is working well as i rotate my strikers and they continue to score. i have only had 3 long term injuries so far and they are keane- 3 months (almost back now) torres 1 month (back now) dossena 5 months (still out) so i am doing well on the injury side. so far so good. :cool:

young holding midfielder could be veloso from sporting

his world class and u can normaly pick him up for about 11m

Doing pretty well with Mansfield. In my 4th season, and after an initial learning season in the Blue Square Premier, I've achieved successive promotions and I'm currently 9th in December. I've picked up a number of young players who are all showing a lot of potential, reckon I could achieve promotion again next season.

I've also just reached the FA Cup 3rd round for the first time, and upon watching the draw, I realised I only have a 1 in 16 chance of drawing a Premiership team due to every game being a local derby. :(

2017 - Cosenzaa

Just a few minutes ago, I won a nerve wrecking playoff final and got promoted to Serie A (started in Serie C2)!

On the pitch, I don't feel that things are going well at all, we're not playing the football I want, scraping 1 goal victories and draws. I guess that's to be expected... but... Where's the free-flowing, fast paced attack play?? And why can't I supply my strikers? Or maybe they are inept? Actually, my top scorer this year is my old 4th choice striker :( That being said, we scored 2nd most goals this season and have a nice spread of goalscorers.

So we're performing well on paper, but not the way I want, and I usually feel powerless to change the way my team plays :(

I guess what I'm saying is that the game is a bit too realistic!! On the other hand, it's nice with a good challenge, just very frustrating at times.... Like I don't really know what the fark is going on out there on the pitch and how to change it.

Enough with my incoherent babble.

The is a problem with the Seria C2 Cup, were every new season or something like that the game crashes and you can't continue.

This happens even if you don't manage in the C2 or Italy. If you don't have the C2 loaded, then your alright but if you do, bye bye game.

bye bye game? as in just the loaded game, or does the actual whole game not work anymore?:S

you can't continue that savegame due to the crash.

btw interesting read, looks like you made some great signings

i'm Celtic, May 2012 & have won every trophy since i started...

although i do reload if i lose as i don't consider this my real game yet, i'm just getting used to it & seeing what makes it tick, who the good players are, tactics, etc, etc..

you can't continue that savegame due to the crash.

btw interesting read, looks like you made some great signings

i'm Celtic, May 2012 & have won every trophy since i started...

although i do reload if i lose as i don't consider this my real game yet, i'm just getting used to it & seeing what makes it tick, who the good players are, tactics, etc, etc..

yeah, i always find it interesting reading other saves so thought id stick my one up as i was doing so well! after reading through threads in 'longest save' i saw some people had gone like 72 season with one team and taken from the very bottom to the very top without any cheats.(editor, taking over opposite teams etc)

cool man thats still quite good really :) this year it is very hard! so perhaps what your doing is good prep!

yeah, i always find it interesting reading other saves so thought id stick my one up as i was doing so well! after reading through threads in 'longest save' i saw some people had gone like 72 season with one team and taken from the very bottom to the very top without any cheats.(editor, taking over opposite teams etc)

cool man thats still quite good really :) this year it is very hard! so perhaps what your doing is good prep!

that "longest save" thread sounds interesting, i'll have to look for it, that's the kind of thing i plan on doing...

create 2 rival teams put them at the bottom of the English leagues & take mine to the top.

unfortunately SI won't get their finger out & at a batch editing option to the editor so it'll take me forever to create all the individual players & staff for both teams.

it's a bit of a pain when you have to individually add likes & dislikes to maybe 70 different personalities when it seems so simple to just add an option to give a whole team the same preferences.

just thinking about it makes me just feel like playing the game i'm on at the moment...

which has still been difficult btw...

i've spent a good couple of hours replaying my Champions League games, tweaking the tactics, trying to hit them on the counter, etc...

definetely getting easier now though what with the squad i've built.

not particularly big names but great players.

p.s my years of playing FM/CM have ALL been prep until i can create my own team & be happy with it

yeah i agree with the batch editing. like, i just went on to that site a bloke higher up put on here for us, www.fmgames.net and it provides databases people have created. but i cnt use them as ive got the 9.0.1 patch. but i would love to create my own database like except it just takes so long. you should be able to maybe creat your own league, choose how many clubs, promotion/relegations etc. would be great, could post this in the ideas thread actually!

picking up from where i left off last, i was half way through my 4th season! in the end i finished a healthy 11th place which is really good considering i was still being tipped for relegation despite me staying up now since i got promoted in my first season!

5th season -

i got given a healthy transfer budget and i was now being asked to achieve a mid table finish. i have just been taken over by a new owner also near the end of last season but he has not pumped any money in the club nor cleared my 25m loan debts from my old chairman. anyways, with my budget i set out to find some hot new talent, with what i consider a good squad now i dont really want to change things about too much so this is how i spent my money: boardman from doncaster for 1.5m (young regen)

daniel tate from watford for 1.4m (young regen)

ubeda from alicante b for free (young regen)

chris ford from southampton for 450k (young regen)

eloi from tenerife for 250k(quality young left back! is superb!)

and i bought some other young regens too but i am gettin fed up writing it all out haha, i also signed, mark beevers from birmingham for 5.5m(at the beginning of ur game ul find him at sheff wed, hes a great centre back!)

i also signed a quality striker in aliou Toure from lokomotiv moscow for 7.5m! he has tremendous stats!

with daniel fernandes doing fantastically well in goal for me and the huge wage of shane supple not playing! i decided to cash in on him, i got 3m from sunderland. he was great but i needed to take the next step and it worked! i got 3m for alex bruce from portsmouth, 3m for matri who i signed back in my 2nd or 3rd season. a 0.5m profit woop lol with that season i came 12th despite playing top half for a majority of the season! was a good year for the club!

6th season - anyways, another good season and now another summer of wheeling and dealing.

if youve been readin my previous posts u wud ave noticed im not a massive spender, i will only spend when i REALLY need to and ive picked up soem tremendous signings on the way! during the summer i got increasing interest in my amazing young regen ugbah from chelsea. hes stats are bloody incredible and is only 19! though he wasnt my greatest performer and i had other right midfielders and strikers who could do an equally good job. with interest from such a club as chelsea i thought id negotiate a deal! so he isnt happy and of course, so id get moneyyyy. i decided to try out a huge deal! i offered him to them for deal worth 59m!!!! after international appearances! they willfully accepted! i got 19m straight away and the other 40m id get once hes played for nigeria! he played within the first couple months! BONUS! better yet, i will still get 50% of his next transfer! awesome hey! with now 110m in the bank its fiar to say ive taken ipswich to the next level! and we are certainly going places! still got amazing talent coming through and in the first team! i only signed one player this season! a young centre back from madrid b (castilla) for 300k, id been chasing him since last season! and he wouldnt come cos he didnt think i was a big enough club, but he has finally given in and come here! wonderful! i am currently 8th after 5 games including a 2-0league win over chelsea! woop. im going to try get screenshots up of my seasons and best elevens soon! anyone else got some new exciting stories?

haha, woop is such a good word lol woop..... yeah it is good, there are alot of bugs but i enjoy my manager games so much i just had to get into it, although if im honest im starting to look on job list just lately, want a new challenge. u not doin very well with fm09?

Archived