Regen nationalities/knowledge is dodgy as hell

I'm not sure if it's just in England, but it no longer seems to make sense.

Thus far in FM09, I've had a couple of youth players come through with HK or a carribean country as their second nationality, but not a single French, Italian or similar. This is despite me having full knowledge of over a dosen countries, a feeder club in Italy, loads of international players, U21s, U19s, etc...

The issue is that if you look at Premiership youth teams IRL you'll see that for most teams about 50%+ are non-English born. This either goes one of two ways where teams like Tottenham just prove that about half of the players coming through in England were born abroad or can and do play for non-English youth national sides, or with teams like Chelsea where over half their youth team has been scouted and sourced at young ages from abroad.

The real issue is that if we aren't getting these youth players in our squads and I still have to scout Italy/France (which I have as active leagues) to find the cream of their youth players every year, then where is the point of the knowledge?

More so where is the point in having feeder clubs in inactive leagues for the purpose of knowledge? I've had one in Egypt for three seasons now and despite doing have had nout of use and they themselves have only produced one youth player who's no where near good enough for me.

Makes sense that they have double nationalities from West Indies if they are UK players, don't you think so? Dutch regens sometimes have a second nationality on the Antils or of Surinam. Brazilian players have Portuguese, Italian or Spanish nationalities sometimes. Just as in real life.

Sure, I'm not disputing that. It's just that they're the only regens seem to get and it's only one every dosen.

I'm saying that if you don't get others as a result of your knowledge and if you have to scout active leagues to find players then is that knowledge at all beneficial? In regards to non-active leagues is there any point at all in having feeder clubs for knowledge and to give you the chance to sign players developed their first?

Archived