Patch 9.02 out on the Dec 18th !! Yes or No

I wandered how you listened to them. I'll just wait for the news, never listened to a podcast and thats not likely to change if I have to associate myself with iTunes lol.

Do we really need a second patch so early anyway?

Well considering the game's still flawed, and riddled with bugs, i'd say yes.

I wandered how you listened to them. I'll just wait for the news, never listened to a podcast and thats not likely to change if I have to associate myself with iTunes lol.

Do we really need a second patch so early anyway?

is that a serious post? :D

Didnt think he was being hysterical to be honest

just general. now we'll get fifty threads demanding this or that be in the next patch or complaining its not out early enough or that its being rushed and they want everyone else to stop moaning. then there'll be the inevitable clamour for more information, is this bug fixed, has that bug been fixed. which will turn up the angst levels in the forum progressively until its released, then there'll be the onslaught of moaners saying this wasnt fixed, and this still needs fixing etc etc etc.

just let it be. relax. enjoy it when it comes. thats all I meant. these threads only seem to attract derision, moaners and fan boys.

Im relaxing and waiting untill the next patch but I really do think it is unfair on people who want to play the game but do not have the Internet.

We shouldn't have to wait for patches and download this, that and the other.

Once the game is released that should be it untill next years additions release.

Do you all not agree? Why do we pay £30 to wait for patches and what not?

Im relaxing and waiting untill the next patch but I really do think it is unfair on people who want to play the game but do not have the Internet.

We shouldn't have to wait for patches and download this, that and the other.

Once the game is released that should be it untill next years additions release.

Do you all not agree? Why do we pay £30 to wait for patches and what not?

Because otherwise the game would never be released. There is no game in the history of games that is completely bug-free - it is absolutely, unequivocally, totally and entirely impossible to test a game of the size of FM through every possible situation on every possible combination of hardware or with every combination of background software. Issues inevitably crop up.

If you only want to buy the "finished" product, wait until the last patch is released before you spend your money in future.

Because otherwise the game would never be released. There is no game in the history of games that is completely bug-free - it is absolutely, unequivocally, totally and entirely impossible to test a game of the size of FM through every possible situation on every possible combination of hardware or with every combination of background software. Issues inevitably crop up.

If you only want to buy the "finished" product, wait until the last patch is released before you spend your money in future.

No but come on, its not impossible to release a game that doesn't contain bugs that spoil the game. This year's bugs, along with the ones that were present in 8.0.0 last year are just ridiculous.

You can't let developers off with releasing crappy products just because they promise to eventually patch it.

the thing is that after the patch is released you will see other bugs that you hadn't noticed before

its just a endless cycle

1) patch released

2) complain about other bugs that haven't been fixed

3) demand to know when the next patch is going to be released

the thing is that after the patch is released you will see other bugs that you hadn't noticed before

its just a endless cycle

1) patch released

Match engine aside, there are several things in this version that should not have been included in the gold release;

Freezing

Poorly optimised coding

injuries

13 players being displayed in the tactics screen

3d not working for people who meet minimum specs.

If patch 2 is out before xmas, and it makes the game much better, then we're more than allowed to ask SI why they didn't make sure the game was good to go before releasing it?

Why bother releasing a bugged up game in November when you can release a fixed version in time for xmas?

This is what really narks me off about several developers, SI included. They whine and cry about piracy, but at the end of the day, they do not pay enough respect to the customers or to their own product - they're quite happy to release crappy, buggy releases and let people spend their money on it when they know that they could make it a lot better with just a bit more time.

its just a endless cycle

1) patch released

you're never going to get a game of FM's complexity that is entirely bug-free, but that doesn't mean they should only bother to fix literal game-breakers and anyone of us who demands better is a whiny baby. At the moment, for example, the game is literally unplayable for more than one season for many players because of a common bug with the Serie C divisions, the match engine - even in 2D mode! - is more technically demanding than Half-Life 2, and there are loads of MAJOR imbalances in the match engine itself, such as every central midfielder on the game being capable of swerving 35-yard wonderstrikers semi-regularly, 'target man' instructions overriding all your tactics in favour of long goalkeeping punts upfield, elastic crossbars....

also, loads of the minor bugs that aren't OMG RUINING THINGS for everyone seem like they'd be very minor fixes, so if there's a patch coming out anyway why not take the time to fix them? (i'm talking stuff like the USSR consortiums taking over teams in the name of a country that hasn't existed for 17 years). I find it baffling that you seem to be arguing against people encouraging Sports Interactive to improve their game, which they themselves realise was unacceptably bugged on 'going gold', hence the necessary release day patch (which was a big improvement)

you're never going to get a game of FM's complexity that is entirely bug-free, but that doesn't mean they should only bother to fix literal game-breakers and anyone of us who demands better is a whiny baby. At the moment, for example, the game is literally unplayable for more than one season if you run the Serie C divisions....

Not true, I'm well into my third season with Serie C selected, as for delaying the release until all known bugs are fixed all I can say is surely that's what SI do at the moment? They don't have a huge Q&A team & like most software developers they need the end user to run the software, report any bugs & occassionally upload files so they can fix any issues. The latter point is key because there appear to be many people moaning about bugs & game breakers but very few seem willing to help fix things by uploading their saves onto the FTP folder for SI to look at.

• SI Staff

In all honesty what AnalogBoy says is right on the money, but at the same time we have allowed stuff to slip through this year that shouldn't have, such as injuries in 9.0, compatibility issues etc.

Hands held up - this year, of all years, we should have had more people involved in beta testing. Not saying everything would have been perfect for release as its impossible, but getting plenty of eyes on a game of this complexity and size is everything, and I think that is the lesson learnt from Fm2009.

In all honesty what AnalogBoy says is right on the money, but at the same time we have allowed stuff to slip through this year that shouldn't have, such as injuries in 9.0, compatibility issues etc.

Hands held up - this year, of all years, we should have had more people involved in beta testing. Not saying everything would have been perfect for release as its impossible, but getting plenty of eyes on a game of this complexity and size is everything, and I think that is the lesson learnt from Fm2009.

what about the problem of the game running low on memory, although there is more than enough of it at disposal? U think thats gonna get fixed or what...

No but come on, its not impossible to release a game that doesn't contain bugs that spoil the game. This year's bugs, along with the ones that were present in 8.0.0 last year are just ridiculous.

You can't let developers off with releasing crappy products just because they promise to eventually patch it.

Then don't buy the feckin' game!

Nothing and nobody in this world is perfect. Including Football Manager and its makers.

If you think that developers are being let off, then boycott the game or just stop buying a "crappy product" full stop.

Would you go into a shop, buy a bottle of milk, complain that it's gone off, then buy another one?

Then don't buy the feckin' game!

Nothing and nobody in this world is perfect. Including Football Manager and its makers.

If you think that developers are being let off, then boycott the game or just stop buying a "crappy product" full stop.

Would you go into a shop, buy a bottle of milk, complain that it's gone off, then buy another one?

Well yes, if i wanted milk, what a bizarre example :D

I didn't buy the game btw, as I knew the state it was in. However once my brother decided he was going to buy it i couldn't resist giving it a go :D

There is such a thing as constructive criticism. And there is such a thing as being allowed to tell these companies where they are going wrong.

Don't really have time to sit through a podcast- what with a 3 year old dynamo running loose in the house...but what sort of issues are SI looking at for the patch? Are they focusing on specific league issues/bugs, or is the patch mainly meant to fix general gameplay problems, with more specific problems dealt with in the February update patch?

I didn't buy the game btw, as I knew the state it was in. However once my brother decided he was going to buy it i couldn't resist giving it a go :D

There is such a thing as constructive criticism. And there is such a thing as being allowed to tell these companies where they are going wrong.

Surely as someone who has not bought the game you've waived any rights you may have had to complain about/criticise the game.

just general. now we'll get fifty threads demanding this or that be in the next patch or complaining its not out early enough or that its being rushed and they want everyone else to stop moaning. then there'll be the inevitable clamour for more information, is this bug fixed, has that bug been fixed. which will turn up the angst levels in the forum progressively until its released, then there'll be the onslaught of moaners saying this wasnt fixed, and this still needs fixing etc etc etc.

just let it be. relax. enjoy it when it comes. thats all I meant. these threads only seem to attract derision, moaners and fan boys.

most likely the reasoning for this years rapid patch is that many pc game reviewers/customers are rating the game way way below normal past ratings. if this doesnt concern you so be it but i think it concerns si/sega quite a bit.

Surely as someone who has not bought the game you've waived any rights you may have had to complain about/criticise the game.

what utter rubbish that is.

Does that also mean that i should refrain from helping SI out by posting pkms and the like?

Not true, I'm well into my third season with Serie C selected.

well you know what I was getting at - if you run the Serie C divisions there's a significant chance of a bug with the Serie C Cup that corrupts your entire savegame. that some have managed to play past that point doesn't mean it isn't putting off hundreds of players from doing an Italian game. Similarly, the Belgian league has AI teams refuse to correctly register new signings, making them more and more broken as time goes on. These issues need to be fixed, even if they only affect lots of players rather than all

Paul, your willingness to 'own up' to not picking up on stuff is admirable, and lends confidence that FM10 will be a much improved game 'out of the box'

what utter rubbish that is.

Does that also mean that i should refrain from helping SI out by posting pkms and the like?

Considering you don't own a copy of the game & by assumption don't have it installed on your own pc/laptop I would imagine that you have restricted the amount of time you can play the game & therefore this limits the time available to correctly assess any bugs.

well you know what I was getting at

Quite possibly, however someone could also look at your post & get the impression that running all the Italian leagues will always result in a 1st season crash.

Considering you don't own a copy of the game & by assumption don't have it installed on your own pc/laptop I would imagine that you have restricted the amount of time you can play the game & therefore this limits the time available to correctly assess any bugs.

Quite possibly, however someone could also look at your post & get the impression that running all the Italian leagues will always result in a 1st season crash.

Well done, you couldn't have assumed more wrongly if you tried. Keep up the good work.

i've done a lot of bug reporting for SI over the last couple of releases, and a couple of months for FML too, and i'm not going to accept being talked down to by yourself, especially when you don't have an inkling of an idea about the people you are talking to.

You know the game has flaws, obviously, as you're not countering any points being made, you're just complaining and hounding after the people that do notice problems, which is pathetic, imo.

have edited my original post now - I had worded it in a way that would give the wrong impression. It obviously remains a major bug that has wasted hours of many players' time and is common enough that people are always going to be annoyed that it wasn't picked up in testing.

Let me get this straight then Wakers, you don't own the game but you have a copy installed on your PC.

Yes, as my brother, who lives in the same house, bought it. Can you understand that?

Are you going to accuse me of piracy now?

I can't wait to read that.

stop trying to goad him into some sort of admission of piracy, there's nothing in his posts that imply he's done this - he's obviously a knowledgable fan of the series and if he's aware of the issues with the game, he's quite entitled to decline to buy it without losing his right to criticise the games - presumably he wants a patched FM09 or decent FM10 that he can feel confident buying

stop trying to goad him into some sort of admission of piracy, there's nothing in his posts that imply he's done this - he's obviously a knowledgable fan of the series and if he's aware of the issues with the game, he's quite entitled to decline to buy it without losing his right to criticise the games - presumably he wants a patched FM09 or decent FM10 that he can feel confident buying

thanks dude :) glad there are some sensible people posting tonight.

I was just trying to understand how someone can accurately assess a product they do not own but that's been cleared up so I'll put the fishing rod away.

I was just trying to understand how someone can accurately assess a product they do not own but that's been cleared up so I'll put the fishing rod away.

hopefully everything will be fine after the second patch!

Archived