The QA Team is Hiring!

Sports Interactive are hiring!

Do you have what it takes to help us make our games better?

Sports Interactive are looking for people to join their QA department to test on the Football Manager series across PC, Mac and console.

This is a great opportunity for those who are looking for the ultimate temporary job or someone looking to gain some experience in the games industry.

Initial contract duration is 3 months from June with the possibility of an extension.

Requirements

* You must be at least 16 years old to be considered for the role.

* You must be able to commute to our Central London office in the UK.

* You must be able to work Monday-Friday based on a 37.5 hour working week.

* You should be willing to work overtime.

* You should be a dedicated gamer and passionate about football.

* You should be comfortable using either a PC or a Mac.

* You should have great attention to detail and the ability to spot issues.

* You should have a good standard of written English.

Sports Interactive offers competitive hourly rates and travel expenses.

Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining to us why you think you would be suitable for this role and detailing any relevant experience you may have to:

Closing date for Applications has now passed.

Please include “QA Tester Application†in the subject line.

Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview at our offices in Central London.

Closing date for all applications is Monday 12th May 2008

Please note, due to the large volume of applications we tend to receive for these positions; we may not be able to respond to every application.

Good Luck.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Not really a viable option as I'm only 17, doesn't matter. I think I'm supposed to be starting college in September anyway.

I was 16 when I first started and found it a great experience, SI won't hold it against you because of your age if your suitable for the role

I'd be intrested in coming back again this year, do I have to go through the whole sending CV in process and applying from scratch as didn't last year

• SI Staff
Originally posted by mallen102000:

I'd be intrested in coming back again this year, do I have to go through the whole sending CV in process and applying from scratch as didn't last year

We'll be in contact with you Martin.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by Olly Kenney:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mallen102000:

We'll be in contact with you Martin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheers

Originally posted by w_scorah:

would be very interested, any chance of a salary bracket so i know what is on offer please?

I live in ashford, kent so would be looking at a daily commute, or renting in london depending on amount

Originally posted by James8:

Could you please let me know where you Central London office is located. Is it your Brentford office?

Just a post code or nearest tube station would do.

Old street is the nearest station mate, the location is right next to Old Street, i live just around the corner from the offices icon_biggrin.gif

• SI Staff
Where in London is your office?

Old Street

Is there a chance that the temporary job could become a permanent one?

You never know. A fair few of our current staff started off as testers (including me) so it's a good way to get your foot in the door.

Is it constant work throughout because i have tickets for oxegen and i would really want to still go to it

You would still be able to go to Oxegen

are you willing to provide accomodatio for the three months?

No

Why are all the offices in London, Why not Manchester.

I would have been perfect for this job, just out of 1st year college with a great understanding of computers, very motivated and dedicated to football and the game.

DAMN!

Originally posted by Gauvner:

I would have been perfect for this job, just out of 1st year college with a great understanding of computers, very motivated and dedicated to football and the game.

DAMN!

I moved from Grimsby to Winchester for my first job out of Uni! I work in QA/QC/Research (Analytical Chemistry), it was the best risk I have ever taken! Worked out perfectly!

Hiya,

I'm currently working as a Web Designer in West London. I would love to apply for this role as I've always wanted to get into the gaming industry but I was wondering if you could possibly let us know a bit more about the salary?

I'm currently on £20k per year but would be more than willing to drop to about £16k for a chance to get my foot in the door.

Thank you.

Originally posted by nine_iron:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gauvner:

DAMN!

I moved from Grimsby to Winchester for my first job out of Uni! I work in QA/QC/Research (Analytical Chemistry), it was the best risk I have ever taken! Worked out perfectly! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would risk a move, but seeing as of my age its slightly harder for me to commute at the time being aswell as getting a flat, which i doubt i can afford. Would be great though if i could just live under a desk at FM HQ

you need to put an office in sydney! i'd just take some leave and give it a go.

actually, heading over to england for a few months is always an option. would you guys consider phone interviews rather than in person? i have a heap of family & friends to stay with in the chelsea area.

G'day,

I am interested in doing this, but can not this year (just started full-time work). Would phone interviews (or other means) be considered for those over the other side of the globe (Australia)?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Olly Kenney:

All interviewees will need to attend our offices in person, we do not do phone interviews.

can you give us a rough ETA as to what the dates are likely to be for interviews? (so i know to be in london for those)

Originally posted by FrazT:

I hope, that as part of your recruitment, you are also looking for a computer expert to put some input into your Support for PC Users forum??

every time we look in that forum you've already replied to the threads icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Gudge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

I hope, that as part of your recruitment, you are also looking for a computer expert to put some input into your Support for PC Users forum??

every time we look in that forum you've already replied to the threads icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You tell me that you will look after the forum and I will happily back out- I was away from the forums for 5 days at the start of April and there was one reply from SI in my absence. I respond in that forum to help others who have not been getting any help in there for months.

If you confirm that SI will cover that forum, I will stop today.

Yeah I was only 17 or 18 when i did my time in the test lab...

Shame there's no way I could get 3 months off my job. It's only in Hoxton though, think i could take really long "toilet breaks" both places and hold down both jobs?

Archived