Apology to SI - My quality standards were lacking ;)

Okay,

I'm big enough and ugly enough to admit when something is my fault. Especially if I've been vocal in terms of my request that SI look into ways to improve the delivery of their projects (less bugs in release version/less bug waiving).

One major thing that had been annoying the hell out of me was an all-white-kit 'bug' that would see my matches, on occassion with the first save with QPR, populated with everyone (all outfield players, keepers, officials, subs) in white. Almost impossible to tell who was who and not all that great to look at... Seemed to happen in pre-season more often than in-season. Second save with Newcastle and every match was in all-white during pre-season.

Spotted a post in the bugs forum from another player claiming to have sorted this (reinstall) and decided to give that a try. Seems some additional data I copied into the game folders (Kit images for the UI, which must have had a knock-on effect to in-game as well) caused this problem. Therefore I'd call my stupid fault and apologise for laying the blame at your door SI. I was under the impression the kit images were just that, images for the UI. Either this or something else had an effect on screwing up the kits.

Gah, why didnt I think to just reinstall the thing in the first place - that's what I'd normally do when nothing else worked. Doh!

One thing it did make me think of - I do not think anyone suggested a reinstall (until another user mentioned very recently) and had they have suggested this I wouldnt have tried it until all other avenues faul (for its a pain). Is there a tick box to load/ignore all user added data in preferences? They might be, off the top of my head I cannot remember. I might have seen something and right now I'm too lazy to check.

If I could check/uncheck such an option it would enable us to say to fools such as myself 'try disabling all non-official data'. Rather like the skin cache check/uncheck we use when modifying skins/UI data.

Archived