Is the Home Grown status in the game Spoiled?

I bought John Fleck and Oscar on 4/7/2010 and on 12/7/2010 respectively.

Their birthdays are on 24/8/1991 and 9/9/1991.

So I bought them when they were 18 years old.

When I bought them, I checked the Home-Grown Status and checked they were due to be homegrown(club) on the 1/7/2013.

Well, its now 3/2/2013 and when I checked the Home-Grown status I was dismayed to find out that they were not homegrown, and the homegrown status beside their names were gone!

They are currently 21 years of age, so they might have passed the due dates by a few months. However, why put the homegrown status besides their names then? Was it to give me false hope that MIRACULOUSLY they can become 1 year younger and become homegrown? I noticed the same thing with Mark Beevers.

So in this case, in order to nurture a home grown player, you got to buy them at age 17?

Then how did Cristiano Ronaldo become a homegrown player when he was bought by Manutd at age 18?

Please clarify this. It has certainly spoiled my game.

Sorry to repost, but I just don't want to continue my game before I clear things up.

Cristiano Ronaldo was bought by ManUtd on July 2003 and he was 18. On Feb 2004, he turned 19. So is he considered homegrown? In the game, he is considered homegrown.

When I bought Oscar and john Fleck, they were 18, but turned 19 a few months later. Why are they not homegrown?

Before their 21st birthdays, they had the Home Grown Due Date beside their name. But once, they turned 21, it magically disappeared. Why is this so? If they cannot meet the requirements, the game should not even give a homegrown due date in the first place.

Surely some people in the forums have encountered this weird thing.

Please, if you have, clarify things with me.

4457 already clarified it perfectly for you - if you are only in Feb 2013, then they haven't been at your club for 3 years yet (arrived in July 2010) - therefore they CANNOT be home grown until July. Wait till 12th July - and if they still aren't classified as homegrown, then you have a bug - until then no you don't have a bug.

When players are under 21, they don't need to be registered for Europe - so the home grown bit doesn't matter - now that they have turned 21, they do need to be registered, therefore their exact status now matters.

No you don't get me.

Before they turn 21, they HAD an indicator that they were due to becoming homegrown players at the end of the season.

ONCE they turn 21, the due date to becoming homegrown players were GONE. Yes, the season was not over yet, but the due date was GONE.

I have already explained this twice. Sorry if I was not clear enough.

Use the editor to make a totally new club and create some fictitious youngsters for the club without any career histories and the game deems them not home (club) grown. At least that's been the case with previous installments of FM. Really irritating that.

Erm, so my question remains?

Am I right in saying that if a player turns 21 before spending 3 whole years at the club, he won't be homegrown?

If this is true, then Cristiano Ronaldo is NOT homegrown at ManUtd.

If I remember the rule correctly the player must have spent either three years OR three full seasons at the club during the year (or was it season) he turns 21. The rules can be found at UEFA's website.

If this is the case, I have 3 players who were supposed to be homegrown.

Mark Beevers, Oscar and John Fleck.

Beevers isn't, and now the homegrown DUE DATE on both Oscar and John Fleck is gone. So I can safely assume they are not becoming homegrown.

Anybody else have this problem?

Ok, I checked the regulations and this is a direct quote from them:

17.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of

the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during

which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been

registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire

seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant

national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant

national championship) or of 36 months.

17.11 An “association-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the

start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of

the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his

nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs

affiliated to the same national association as that of his current club for a

period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or of 36 months.

they were due to be homegrown(club) on the 1/7/2013.

Well, its now 3/2/2013...

According to these dates - which you posted - they are due to become homegrown in four months time. Due on 1st July 2013, currently 3rd Feb 2013.

Quel problem?

Or did you post the wrong dates?

People, it's not that hard to understand what he's saying. He's saying that it said somewhere that the players were due to become home-grown on 1st July 2013. It's not 1st July yet, but that text about when they will be home-grown has disappeared. That's what he's wondering/complaining about.

Thank you AB-forever for explaining it so clearly.

The problem is I waited for Mark Beevers to be homegrown, but he has not. I didn't raise this issue at first because Mark Beevers is not really an important squad member for me, and I wasn't sure what was his age when I bought him.

However, after investigating, I'm sure I bought him when he was 18, which was at the beginning of the game.

So, if he didn't become homegrown, its quite obvious that Oscar and Fleck won't be either.

Btw, this is not a complain post. I just hope to clear things up. I'm sure it will affect alot of gamers if this error is true.

Nobody tried to do an "Arsene" and nurture some youngsters?

I used an editor and edit their ages and the Home Grown Due Date appeared.

1 more month till season end and I will know for sure if they are not eligible for homegrown status, but its quite confirmed that they can't. :(

Is this a bug in the game? Or the coding was done wrong?

Just wanted to know, has anybody experienced this problem? Buying a player at 18 years of age, but he doesn't turn homegrown in 3 years time?

In preivous versions of the game you needed to have bought them before they turned 18 to get them to count as homegrown, if you signed them after they had turned 18 they wouldn't count.

In preivous versions of the game you needed to have bought them before they turned 18 to get them to count as homegrown, if you signed them after they had turned 18 they wouldn't count.

If that's the case than Cristiano Ronaldo shouldn't be counted as homegrown as he was 18 when Man Utd bought him.

Archived