Dont ever complain about your board in your mind (they might hear you)

I wrote in another thread couple of hours ago about my lack of motivation mainly because of the financial state at my club.

Ive managed to get Solihull Moors up into the Championship - but it has cost me and the club blood, sweat, tears and money to get there. The club havent been in the black for 5 1/2 years and looses roughly £500K every year (before player sales).

The three last seasons we have more or less sold out every game, but a crowd of 3000 aint much of a help for a Championship side. And the state of the pitch has never been good either.

So many times I have thought "if we only owned the stadium..."

Well guess what?

The board has read my mind now :eek:

They have decided to build a new stadium with undersoil heating and a capacity of 16 131 :D

2 bad things about it though:

1. Bankloan of £200K p/m the next 15 years
  2. It takes 2 years to complete the stadium, it means that £500K in red is going to be £3 000 K in red next 2 years

So be careful what you wish for - or what you write in the forums, your board might actually be listening to you:(

Ive managed to get Solihull Moors up into the Championship - but it has cost me and the club blood, sweat, tears and money to get there. The club havent been in the black for 5 1/2 years and looses roughly £500K every year (before player sales).

The three last seasons we have more or less sold out every game, but a crowd of 3000 aint much of a help for a Championship side. And the state of the pitch has never been good either.

I thought you had to have a certain capacity to qualify for promotion at certain levels. I would have thought you'd have had to expand in order to secure promotion that high?

Perhaps I'm mistaken...

I thought you had to have a certain capacity to qualify for promotion at certain levels. I would have thought you'd have had to expand in order to secure promotion that high?

Perhaps I'm mistaken...

Only thing I can find about it is:

Clubs promoted to the Championship for the first time have three years to convert their ground to all-seated.

If a club is relegated before the three years has expired, and at the time it is relegated it has not yet converted its ground to all seated, when it is next promoted any time previously spent in the Championship or Premiership is counted towards the three years.

At the end of the three year period the Secretary of State will, following consultation with the FLA, normally direct that a condition be inserted in the licence restricting the admission of spectators to seated accommodation only.

There are currently 72 all-seated international, Premier League and Football League grounds in England and Wales plus several others in the lower leagues.

Football Licensing Authority

The decision to build the stadium came after 2 seasons in Championship, so it might be because of this rule. If we stay up, and the game is following this rule by restricting the admission to only seats for the last year of the stadium building the club will go bust. We only have 970 seats :D

Archived