Wait... what??

Squad harmony has always been just fine for me (usually rated Very Good in the Confidence screen). Then, at the end of this season, out of nowhere:

2ekjaf7.jpg

What?? No-one is unhappy...

rljqz6.jpg

20zuxpj.jpg

Everyone's fine! We've just qualified for Europe, and most of the squad's General Happiness is "Proud of the club's league position". No-one has the 'Unh' symbol, or even 'Sit'. No-one dislikes anyone else, and in fact I'm actually listed as Favoured Personnel for a few of the first team. Everything is just dandy as far as I can see, why are the board throwing a fit?

Squad harmony has always been just fine for me (usually rated Very Good in the Confidence screen). Then, at the end of this season, out of nowhere:

2ekjaf7.jpg

rljqz6.jpg

20zuxpj.jpg

Everyone's fine! We've just qualified for Europe, and most of the squad's General Happiness is "Proud of the club's league position". No-one has the 'Unh' symbol, or even 'Sit'. No-one dislikes anyone else, and in fact I'm actually listed as Favoured Personnel for a few of the first team. Everything is just dandy as far as I can see, why are the board throwing a fit?

Check the reserves/u18s individually to see if anyone's peeved/

Check the reserves/u18s individually to see if anyone's peeved/

Nothing of note there, either. The only 'Sit' players in the reserves are ones who are "worried by the lack of harmony at the club". That aside, everyone is perfectly happy.

God knows what has caused this problem, but it's had an absolutely disastrous effect on my team's performances. We've kicked off the season with losses to Watford and Wolves followed by draws with Hull, Reading and Blackburn. It would be nice if I knew why this was happening so that I could try to do something to remedy it.

Check your reserves, there is probably where you find the unhappy players. To fix the harmony you have to adhust the squad status of the players so you don't have people with first team or even rotation rotting too long in the reserves. Change their status and if they can't handle it transferlist them. You don't want a bunch on Willam Gallas' on a bad day stinkin up the atmosphere in the dressingroom or on the training field

Check your reserves, there is probably where you find the unhappy players. To fix the harmony you have to adhust the squad status of the players so you don't have people with first team or even rotation rotting too long in the reserves. Change their status and if they can't handle it transferlist them. You don't want a bunch on Willam Gallas' on a bad day stinkin up the atmosphere in the dressingroom or on the training field

I already posted that I checked the reserves mate, everyone there is fine

I would still go over the squad status of the players, I had some harmony problems when I had several of players in the reserve set to first team or rotation. They didn't complain anywhere I could see except they sometimes asked for clarification on their status in my inbox. After I put them all as backup or not needed and sold a few for 0 in january, club harmony was back on top again.

2ekjaf7.jpg

rljqz6.jpg

20zuxpj.jpg

your players are happy after winning but your team talks suck majorly.

your players are happy after winning but your team talks suck majorly.

Lol, no.

Team talks aren't rocket science and I've been giving the same ones in the same situations for seven years of gametime and everyone has been perfectly happy with them up until now. The squad harmony went from Very Good to Very Poor as if a switch had been flipped. Team talks didn't do that, and even if they had it would have been apparent - players would have reacted badly to them. Which they haven't.

Alright. Completely out of ideas now. 14 months on, we've overperformed in the Premiership (again), qualified for Europe (again), and all the players are in extremely high spirits (again). Oh and we also won the UEFA Cup, which was hailed by all and sundry as a miracle.

4q644i.jpg

2meznnm.jpg

All looks pretty good, doesn't it?

xp6c82.jpg

The board still disagree, however.

This is really annoying, because, despite taking Leeds from League 1 to the top end of the Premiership, and despite winning a European trophy for goodness sake, the board are still only 'satisfied' with my performance because the Squad Harmony is so low. If I have a bad run of form at the start of this season and fall to mid-table in the league there is an uncomfortable possibility of getting sacked.

What's going on? How can I raise the Squad Harmony? I've tried praising people for good performances (didn't work) and being nicer with the team talks (didn't work), and delivering unthinkable success on the pitch doesn't seem to have helped either.

Afterthought edit: Once again, just to clarify, no-one in the Reserves or U18s has an issue, either, except for a small few who are "worried by the lack of harmony at the club". There are no unhappy players at the club. Anywhere.

And this didn't happen either?:

Nope. As you can see from the team screenshot, no-one is agitating for a new contract or upset about their current deal. I keep nearly all of my first-team squad on constantly renewed 5-year deals anyway, so generally everyone is earning roughly what they believe they're worth and nobody should have any cause to be upset in that respect.

Besides, if this is due to people being 'about to' ask for new contracts, then they've waited more than 15 months now to spring it on me!

Have you signed quite a few new players?? If you have, the harmony could be due to the new signings taking time to gel with their new team mates this probably wouldn't show up as an UNH or a SLT icon. Best bet is to have a look on match day at your assistants feedback and he might tell you that a player is finding it hard due to the language barrier. Thats all I can think of considering you have tried everything else.

I would still go over the squad status of the players, I had some harmony problems when I had several of players in the reserve set to first team or rotation. They didn't complain anywhere I could see except they sometimes asked for clarification on their status in my inbox. After I put them all as backup or not needed and sold a few for 0 in january, club harmony was back on top again.

Missed this the first time round, this is a fair point.

Just gone over every player in my squad to check this:

First team: Everyone is either "Pleased to have joined", "Enjoying playing for the club", "Proud of the club's league position", or in one case (Guilherme - he's on the way out the door), "Considering contract offers from <clubs>". Nobody has any issues of any kind.

Reserves: Almost everyone is "Hoping to gain first team experience from going on loan". A few (three or four) "don't want to leave the club". I don't think that can have ruined Squad Harmony so completely though, because you'd never try and sell anyone, ever, for fear of this happening if that were the case.

U18s: All of the kids are either 'Enthusiastic' or 'Optimistic' about their futures at the club. Nobody has any issues of any kind.

A few people in the reserves (but no first-teamers or U18s) have 'Sit' status, but the only thing that's bothering any of them is the lack of harmony at the club, and it can't be causing itself.

Have you signed quite a few new players?? If you have, the harmony could be due to the new signings taking time to gel with their new team mates this probably wouldn't show up as an UNH or a SLT icon. Best bet is to have a look on match day at your assistants feedback and he might tell you that a player is finding it hard due to the language barrier. Thats all I can think of considering you have tried everything else.

Could be, as I sign masses of young prospects every year, but then I've been doing this for a long time and it's never caused problems before - I mean, I signed 29 players in the 2013/14 season, and my Squad Harmony was high as a kite back then. I've only signed 12 so far this term, and it's rock bottom.

I'm in the offseason now, so I can't check right away, but next time a match is played I will have a look at the feedback.

Edit: sorry to double post

Could be, as I sign masses of young prospects every year, but then I've been doing this for a long time and it's never caused problems before - I mean, I signed 29 players in the 2013/14 season, and my Squad Harmony was high as a kite back then. I've only signed 12 so far this term, and it's rock bottom.

I'm in the offseason now, so I can't check right away, but next time a match is played I will have a look at the feedback.

Edit: sorry to double post

Maybe certain personalities clash more than others and you just happened to have been lucky in the past?

Maybe certain personalities clash more than others and you just happened to have been lucky in the past?

It could be that in theory, I guess. I sincerely hope it isn't though, because if it is then there's no way I (or any other user that experiences it) can possibly know which players are causing it, and consequently no way I can possibly attempt to fix it short of just releasing all my reserves. If that's what it is then that's basically just as bad as a straightforward bug.

I still think it could be the language barrier, have you had a look on match day at the assistants feedback??

Sorry about that mate, I forgot to get back to you on that one. I've just had a look at the feedback, and there's only one thing noted, which is that "Juan Pablo Carrizo still appears to be trying to blend into the squad". He's a reserve goalkeeper, and I only signed him a few weeks ago, so it can't be that that's wrecked my Squad Harmony for the past two years. There's nothing else - nobody is looking overconfident, nobody has language issues, no-one is struggling to motivate themselves to play for me, nothing.

As long as I'm posting, just by way of an update, I've now had "Very Poor" harmony for nearly 24 ingame months.

In that time I've won two continental trophies (UEFA Cup, Euro Super Cup), one domestic trophy (League Cup), and have twice vastly outperformed expectations in the league (6th, 3rd). This is all with a Leeds side expected to finish midtable. I've signed a new assistant manager with Man Management of 19 (just in case it was that), have been handling all the press conferences myself (being relentlessly positive about everything) and always being encouraging and supportive with team talks. Nothing has had any effect, at all.

confidence and happiness are different issues why mixing them.

confidence is related more to what u promised players and teams and what u tell media. this effect more team confidence + sure results

I don't think I understand what you're saying.

Edit: that sounds a bit snobbish which it isn't supposed to be. Could you spell out a bit more clearly what you're trying to get across?

Had another thought...have you had any players that have played badly or have been sent off and you have not disciplined them?? Dont see how this would have an effect over 24 months but you never know.

Generally I'm quite a strict disciplinarian about that sort of thing (get sent off - get fined, get 4.x match rating - get fined etc), and for the first 6-ish years of gametime it worked great (Very Good harmony all the time). Then, after the harmony suddenly dropped to Very Poor and stayed there for a while, I figured it was probably best if I stopped doing it. So, for the first 12 months I was pretty tough on people, and for the last 12 months I've been pretty forgiving, and it hasn't seemed to make a difference either way.

I had this turned out that 3 or 4 of my players wanted to move to bigger clubs that were interested in them. I notice you have quite a few players wanted.

I sold the players in question and squad harmony went to being good again.

I have three players among my first-team right now that have the 'Wnt' icon next to them, but none of them actually want to be sold, they all want to stay. Each of them has a General Happiness of "Is enjoying playing for the club".

Had another idea.......again!!!!

Just yesterday I was in a news conference and was asked if I would allow to Javier Garrido to move due to his unhappiness at not playing football yet when I clicked on his profile, he had good morale and did not have any concerns. Have you had this question at a press conference because this may be the cause??

Archived