Microsoft SDK! 923 MB!!!!!!

Do i actually need this thing. I got told to download it because my game wouden't launch because of a graphic error!

I downloaded it and it uses a heck of alot of RAM. But if i unistall it i get that mesage again failed to set up graphics system or summet.

Erm is there anything else i can download? Otherwise am going to have to request another 1 gig of RAM from the people who made FM

I'm actually kind of puzzled why SI want us to download the SDK, when it's only the End-User Runtimes that we need ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=886ACB56-C91A-4A8E-8BB8-9F20F1244A8E ) and a fraction of the size.

The rest of the SDK is for developers only, as far as I know, and completely pointless to us.

hehe

sorry but thats funny ..

worked in IT for years and i never met anyone who could justify a 1gb SDK just to run a piece of software.

you missed your calling!

:D:thup:

Not justifying the need for it (as someone else pointed out, only a small subsection of the libraries should be needed), but pointing out that it is a library not a program, so it wont use any RAM, and if 1GB space is a problem in these days of affordabe 1500GB hard drives then perhaps a hefty game like Football Manager itself is not your cup of tea.

I'm actually kind of puzzled why SI want us to download the SDK, when it's only the End-User Runtimes that we need ( http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=886ACB56-C91A-4A8E-8BB8-9F20F1244A8E ) and a fraction of the size.

The rest of the SDK is for developers only, as far as I know, and completely pointless to us.

I believe that's a Microsoft issue.

Archived