1:1

Why do the forwards/strikers in 09 stuff up so bad (95% of the time) when it comes to 1:1 as in only the keeper to beat? I have noticed that with me (managing Arsenal at the moment) most of the time my midfield players are outscoring the forwards?

Is this a known issue with game?

cheers

Why do the forwards/strikers in 09 stuff up so bad (95% of the time) when it comes to 1:1 as in only the keeper to beat? I have noticed that with me (managing Arsenal at the moment) most of the time my midfield players are outscoring the forwards?

Is this a known issue with game?

cheers

have you been living in a cave??

Most probably as I work alot, but hey, thanks for the helpful reply.

lol!

I guess you have probably read by now that some people think it's a bug and you get the usual lot that think it's your tactics.

It is either a bug or poor design, because pretty much the only way to get both strikers scoring is to play with only 1 ST and drop the other back to AMC. Which maybe make sense if you regularly play as Man U but for those of us in the lower leagues it is unrealistic.

Also when setting your mentalities take your defender mentality as the base and place your strikers mentalities no more than 8-9 clicks right to attack, then the rest of yr team mentalities will fit in between. Again not very realistic I think but hope this helps.

lol!

I guess you have probably read by now that some people think it's a bug and you get the usual lot that think it's your tactics.

It is either a bug or poor design, because pretty much the only way to get both strikers scoring is to play with only 1 ST and drop the other back to AMC. Which maybe make sense if you regularly play as Man U but for those of us in the lower leagues it is unrealistic.

Also when setting your mentalities take your defender mentality as the base and place your strikers mentalities no more than 8-9 clicks right to attack, then the rest of yr team mentalities will fit in between. Again not very realistic I think but hope this helps.

Was just about to say "what? i haven't seen any problem!" and then i read this post, i play 4-2-3-1 hence my striker appears to find the net quite often.

I haven't tried a 4-4-2 so can't comment on its effectiveness, until it is patched to your liking i'd suggest swapping to a 4-5-1 or something similar.

I think it's true in some cases, for example my current career i started at Cruzeiro in Brazil, the srtikers sometimes seemed to have muscle spasms or something in one on one's, they weren't great.

However, in my first career as Arsenal, in my second season, Adebayor scored 54 goals in 53 appearances, so i'm not sure whether it's a bug?

f_Adebayorseam_13b89ec.jpg

He's a goal machine

Archived