Ohhh for Cry SAKE! Problems again!!!!

Okay i usually download football manager via steam so i click on steam and double click the Football manager tab.

But i have come on my Pc and the last 3 times it has just not responded when i double clicked the FM 09 tab. I thought i can't be bothered messing about with that now.

So it happened again just now so i have re installed Fm and downloaded it another way something like (unilock_ Via phone or internet connection something like that not 100 % sure.

So i get a deesktop icon on my compuer i double click it and i get this flaming message

Warning!

Could not use database location /c:/program files/steam/steamapps/common/footballmanager2009/data/updates/update-910-/db/910' - reverting to the default location

Am not happy!

I have tried soo long now trying to find a solution but not one. They only seem to concentrate on the big problems. I don't no what to do.

Can anyone help me pleas?

um it's a simple fix. load up the db via the editor and save it under a different name, but make sure you edit atleast 1 thing before saving it. Then just load up the new database. That should fix your anger

That's because you've now installed it elsewhere because you haven't used Steam to install it.

The equivalent folder is C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-910\db\910, but that's provided you've downloaded and applied the 9.1.0 patch. The game shortcut can be found at C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\fm.exe.

That's really a personal choice. Since you've downloaded through Steam you probably should authenticate it that way too. If you authenticate via uniloc, the file addresses I've listed so far will work. If you authenticate through Steam you'll have to look in your Steam folder for the files. Although re-installing the game will probably clear up the whole issue of the game not running anyway.

Roffles at Irchard :D

LordyBoy. If I were you I'd unstall the game completely... and do it all over again as calmly as possible. Go through Steam (once its downloaded and activated you need not load Steam again, you can run FM directly).

Archived