English Premier League - Season BUG Story

Hi guys, i always plays fm 2008, and in this version i think there is a problem in premier league. I was managing arsenal on the second season and i won most of the matchs in the first part of championship (16 wins, two draws, absolut leader, ), but in second part my team got on a strange decline, losing many goals in most of matchs (there were matches i've shooted 30 times e the oponnent 2, and the team loses or draw), drawing easy games or losing, and at the end arsenal placed in 6th! no champions league! it was the second time that it happens in english premier!(oh and the litle cups was easy to win!) my team is really good (luca toni, henry, drogba, robben, fabregas, lampard, ballack, hleb etc) had it happens to anyone or is there a fix for this? thanks

Hi guys, i always plays fm 2008, and in this version i think there is a problem in premier league. I was managing arsenal on the second season and i won most of the matchs in the first part of championship (16 wins, two draws, absolut leader, ), but in second part my team got on a strange decline, losing many goals in most of matchs (there were matches i've shooted 30 times e the oponnent 2, and the team loses or draw), drawing easy games or losing, and at the end arsenal placed in 6th! no champions league! it was the second time that it happens in english premier!(oh and the litle cups was easy to win!) my team is really good (luca toni, henry, drogba, robben, fabregas, lampard, ballack, hleb etc) had it happens to anyone or is there a fix for this? thanks

Arsenal top for the majority of the begining of the season and then buckling under the presure and dropping away? Must be a bug, that would NEVER happen in real life.... icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is there a fix for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Change your tactics when you start losing games. If you already have then change them again. If that doesn't work, look at your training regime.

Like Junkhead points out, a lot of teams have a great start and peter out. I usually have my slump around February, but a lighter training regime and a slower tempo on the pitch tends to get me back on track. But it's different for everyone.

Sorry, no formula though. Try the tactics forum for more detailed tips.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">is there a fix for this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Change your tactics when you start losing games. If you already have then change them again. If that doesn't work, look at your training regime.

Like Junkhead points out, a lot of teams have a great start and peter out. I usually have my slump around February, but a lighter training regime and a slower tempo on the pitch tends to get me back on track. But it's different for everyone.

Sorry, no formula though. Try the tactics forum for more detailed tips. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a thought but doesn't the re-ranking process take place on Jan 1st and my cause the issue referred to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonfun1980:

How did you manage to buy those players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wondered that, too. Unless the likes of Drogba and Ballack were out of contract when he got them...

Archived