Tips for choosing feeder clubs

I am trying to get a Spanish club as a feeder club as they are much better than Belgian/Polish clubs for work permit issues for South Americans as they only need to be there two seasons to get dual nationality, unlike the three seasons in Belgium/Poland. So I chose a Spanish 2nd Division side. Not given to me. Now for some completely stupid reason (please change this SI!) I have to wait probably three months until I can risk another club to choose. I did that, chose another Spanish side, again rejected. Now I have to wait AGAIN! So frustrating.

Can anyone give me advice on what club or what type of club I should be trying to get a link with?

And can anyone tell me why it makes me wait so long til I can choose another? I mean fair enough if I've just got a new feeder club I should wait til I can have another, but if I don't get one or I ignore the recommendations, why does it make me wait??!!

Get a feeder club from Belgium. Foregners gain nationallity after just 2 years in Belgium and will therefore nolonger be regarded as foregners at European clubs.

Edit: Hmm, though it was 5 years in spain ( 2 years for south americans ) While in Belgium everybody and his aunts get nationallity after 2 years

I might be reading this wrong, but are you saying it's possible to specify a club or country when requesting a feeder club?

I always request to the board and get lots of random clubs coming back... I didn't think it was possible to have more input to which club you get other than recommending one of the randomly selected clubs by the board.

After a couple of the seasons the board will ask you what type of feeder club you would prefer - I would presume your reputation/ past experience affects this.

Agreed that Belgium clubs are the best option, pay attention to the club's reputation though as some players can refuse to go on loan.

For work permits, clubs from Bulgaria, Belgium and Poland are great. It takes 3 years for a player to be eligible for citizenship. I think Romania is 3 years as well.

If you insist on having a feeder club for South American players only, than Spain, like mentioned is your bet. The top 2 divisions are what you should be looking at.

As for waiting to ask the board for a feeder club again, it's about 6 months I think. I think it's better this way since you could always just be swapping teams until you find the "best" one and it would ruin the fun of feeder clubs.

I'm QPR, tried Real Sporting and Ferrol (both Liga Adelente) to be Feeder Clubs. Both rejected. Now I'm trying a club from a lower, unselected league, but as you said, they may not even allow any non-EU players in their squads, so this may be a pointless task... unless they keep them in their team but don't register them allowing them to gain Spanish nationality in 2 years?

I have a Belgian feeder club too, but 3 years (not 2 years as someone stated) is quite a long wait if I buy anyone over the age of 18. I think for South Americans it may just be easier to try loan them to a Spanish club for two years.

Archived