Signing players with expiring contracts

I' m playing Chinese league. There are few players with expiring contracts (within 6 months) that I want to sing.

In previous FMs there was a possibility to offer contract directly to player with expiring contract. But I can't do it. My only option is to offer transfer to their clubs. Did SI change this option and I'm not longer allowed to offer contracts to these players ?

Another thing - there is a rule that Chinese club can have no more than 4 foreign players. Currently I have 4 foreign players (1 is loaned out, but he counts) and I can't transfer any more foreigners. And that's ok.

But... One foreign players' contract (Dragan ukmir's) is expiring. I received a note from my assistant saying that his contract is expiring and there is a button to offer him a contract. Still ok. But when I go to my squad view and offer him a contract there, I get message that I can't employ players from abroad !

Same thing happens when I try to negotiate contracts with my other foreign players. I get note saying that I can't employ players from abroad. But they are already employed by me ! :mad:

Do you think it's a bug ?

Archived