Billionare Takeovers!!

I have been testing this with Rangers, yesterday and Today. I got a Portuguese Millionaire tycoon takeover last night who invested £70m. I have trying all day for another type of Tycoon takeover (by restarting the game over and over) and I finally got one, an Iranian :O Tycoon Millionaire with £50m invested. They aren't investing heavy amounts of money which is a shame, I'll keep trying although I may stick out the game as I have brought in Huntelaar and Miguel Torres. The money they invest only goes to your bank balance so you only get around £20m to spend. That is what happened when I got taken over by these Tycoons, I want Billionaires, ffs :p.

If you're with a 'big' team I think it'd ruin your save, unless you set yourself rules to keep it interesting. With a smaller team, though, it might be quite good.

For a Scottish example, seeing as that's where the OP is playing, I see Airdrie and Dunfermline are ripe for a takeover. Add to them Hibs (post takeover), Rangers and Celtic and you could have quite an interesting league - if you weren't playing evryone 4 times a season :(

To the OP

I take Blackpool will be me,yes.

Well,Mr.Oyston who was the chairman was looking to sell the club,and it wasn't exactly a billionaire but it got me on the level of Sheffield United and Birmingham in terms of finances.The new owner was Jimmy Fenton who is a cloth manufacturer and bought us for 24 million pounds

I got took over in november as Rangers.

The guy originaly wanted to sack me and bring in his own manager, but he ended up keeping me.

Since then ive had about £120m in transfer budget, and ive been able to sign some outstanding players.

Federico Laurito, ive had him for roughly a season and a bit.... played 50, scored 52.

Theres more but i cant ever remember their full names, Kerrison, Zapat, Dos Santos etc...

He also expanded Ibrox from 52,000 to 64,000.... which saw the Champions league final take place at my stadium in 2011 (which i won btw).

And it makes a nice change from signing a good player... then having to sell him because he wants to move onto bigger and better things.... they all want to stay now.

That's the CM series that allows you to choose a "benefactor."

Don't like that option, myself. The manager gets to select a tycoon? As if... Prefer the randomness, TYVM...

No actually, the "sugardaddy" option is in FM.

You need to open the file "./data/db/900/edt/sugardaddy.edt" in for example notepad, and you can then add your own team there.

Probalby some other way also (the editor perhaps) but this is one simple way of doing it. Chelsea have usually been there, but in 09 Man City is the only team in that file.

I got taken over as newcastle in a career game, the guy invested enough to put our bank balance up to 10mil, after I saved them from relegation (19th to 10th in 13 matches) and sold owen we got a transfer budget of 20mil, haven't spent much of it and don't plan to either!

On a side note, career games make fm so much more enjoyable!

I´ll try in this thread too:

If I add a rich chairman - let´s say a certain owner of a certain company that starts with "Micro", and ends with "soft" - to the data base with the editor, will he (eventually) take over a club in the game?

Having a bit of a journeyman game. Started unemployed, managed Hyde in BSN, then to Halesowen in BSN. Took them to BSP and back again. A short stint at Finn Harps in Irish First Division. After leaving Ireland offered a handfull of jobs, the most appealing was Droylsden who were offering me a whole £3k transfer budget in BSN.

For someone who is yet to see a transfer budget, this was a dream come true. Imagine the shock after signing my contract to find out the week before they had been taken over by a Romanian millionaire and the club now had a healthy bank balance of over £8million and improving training facilities and youth setup!!!!!

And the chairman keeps pumping money in! Every month, just before they release how well the month has gone financially, he will inject between £100k and £750k to ensure each month we are 'making a profit'.

Archived