Are people still seeing massive goals being scored?

I have reverted back to 8.0.1 cause I hated how the goals were being scored at an alarming rate. Please let me know if this is still happening? If you haven't noticed or don't care about large goal margins then don't post and or rape my post please. I however loved the way the games in matches ran so much more realistically in the movement of the players and and such. Thanks

I have reverted back to 8.0.1 cause I hated how the goals were being scored at an alarming rate. Please let me know if this is still happening? If you haven't noticed or don't care about large goal margins then don't post and or rape my post please. I however loved the way the games in matches ran so much more realistically in the movement of the players and and such. Thanks

I can't say I ever noticed it. Which is strange because a lot of people have said there were too many goals being scored in the latest patch.

Just to show you, the season I'm playing in right now, which is nearly over, these are the Team Statistics Goals so far after 35 league games played -

Chelsea - 74

Arsenal - 69

Newcastle - 66

Man Utd - 60

Well I'll leave it at those top four, but you get the picture, the top teams get an average of about 2 goals per game. Which I think is quite realistic.

Team Statistics Conceded -

Arsenal - 12

Chelsea - 18

Man Utd - 21

Liverpool - 29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hauler24:

Well I played as Spurs(Only team I play with) and they are a very exciting and high scoring team anyway and so I was also getting 6-4, 5-5, etc all the time. It was weird. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I can give you a bit of advice to try out? Don't leave too much space between your team in terms of closing down. For example, in all my tactics (Defensive, Normal, Attacking), I do the following -

For attacking - Closing Down = 5 defensive players on the lowest click of Whole Pitch, and the 5 attacking players on highest click of Whole Pitch.

For normal - Closing Down = 5 defensive players on the lowest click of Own Half, and 5 the 5 attacking players on highest click of Own Half.

You get the picture. The goalie you can always have on the lowest click of Own Area. The Defensive Line should be set in relation to where you are closing down.

Also, the way my team played took a giant leap forward when I tried out something. I gave every outfield player the following -

Run With Ball Mixed. Long Shots Mixed. Through Balls Mixed. Cross Ball Mixed.

The exception being Central Defenders who do not have Run With Ball. Forward Runs for each player differ with each tactic.

I never tried that before because I liked having my CM's with Through Balls Often, my Wingers on Run with Ball Often, etc. But somehow, this has been responsible for a major improvement, both in play and in scores (making them even more realistic).

I don't want to turn this into a tactical thread, but before I finish, I ought to mention that I have my whole team on the same mentality and passing style, always.

Granted, that might not be too realistic in real life, and could perhaps be looked at for FM 09, yet it produces extremely realistic matches to watch in the game.

To be honest, I don't think I've seen anything unusual about my scores(Playing in Swedish Div 2).

Looking at my schedule right now, my matches for this season(five games left to play) range from 0-0 up to 5-2, with most being 2-1 or 1-0 games.

I think it depends on the league you are playing in. I played 5 years in germany and never scored more than 75 goals in the league with FC Bayern. I moved to Roma in my 6th season and scored 103 goals in Serie A coming 2nd, this season i'm in December and have scored 48 icon_eek.gif

I find that crazy-results are much too frequent. Recently I was astonished to see Derby open the 2020/21 EPL season in the following fashion:

10-2 (home)

1-7 (away)

0-5 (away)

Furthermore, 4-4, 4-5 results pop up quite frequently, with hat-tricks on either side. It's not entirely realistic, IMO.

Unless you exploit the corner thing, it shouldn't be a problem. Once you sort your tactics out your results are as realistic as any previous release. I get plenty of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 results.

The only really annoying thing I find is that your players need telling stuff that would be common sense in real life. Like when the AI goes all-out-attack, your players SHOULD know to fall deep. I pause the game while I change the tactics round to prevent conceding.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

Unless you exploit the corner thing, it shouldn't be a problem. Once you sort your tactics out your results are as realistic as any previous release. I get plenty of 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1 results.

The only really annoying thing I find is that your players need telling stuff that would be common sense in real life. Like when the AI goes all-out-attack, your players SHOULD know to fall deep. I pause the game while I change the tactics round to prevent conceding. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm seeing huge scores throughout my game. It's not just about my own team's matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hauler24:

I have reverted back to 8.0.1 cause I hated how the goals were being scored at an alarming rate. Please let me know if this is still happening? If you haven't noticed or don't care about large goal margins then don't post and or rape my post please. I however loved the way the games in matches ran so much more realistically in the movement of the players and and such. Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

large goal margins have never been a problem for my team (against or for) or AI teams playing other AI teams

my current game arsenal at top have about 85 gaols but usually the winner gets about 70 in a season, conceeds about 35.

My season average is about 3.3 for 1.1 against, maybe a little high.

The only really annoying thing I find is that your players need telling stuff that would be common sense in real life. Like when the AI goes all-out-attack, your players SHOULD know to fall deep.

Agree with this 100%, however for the first season ever I just carried on with same tactic, no anti 424, and I hardly ever conceded late in game, sometimes it just seams that if they are destined to score they will, despite trying to prevent it with tactics.

I think it's ok to be honest. I was worried when the first reports on 8.0.2 were been posted on the forums saying that there was ridiculously high scoring games. But overall I dont think theres a problem, maybe once or twice a season you might see a game 6-4 or 7-5 but I suppose that occurs in most leagues at least once a year

no my defence is solid as ever and i dont score a great many goals, a reasonable amount, as such in my champions league qualifier against slavia prague i went through 1-0 on aggregate!

Well just patched then. Loaded my save and proceeded to play a game. Away used my counter tactics which would seem to have my significantly lesser opponents covered. They all seemed unusually fast and precise for a team running secong last. They seemed to be in a much better frame of mind on the pitch defying thier morale. And I was towelled 7-0.

Ummmm very confused currently. I have never seen anything like this before. Not in the sixteen years ive played of the 30 odd ive watched. Attributes again seem pointless. But I will see how my other teams fare. If what Ive just seen is common. It will do me forever. goals galore hope its just .01 tactical designs. But yeh the attributes again. Bonza lads another masterpiece.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4-2-4 ouch!:

Well just patched then. Loaded my save and proceeded to play a game. Away used my counter tactics which would seem to have my significantly lesser opponents covered. They all seemed unusually fast and precise for a team running secong last. They seemed to be in a much better frame of mind on the pitch defying thier morale. And I was towelled 7-0.

Ummmm very confused currently. I have never seen anything like this before. Not in the sixteen years ive played of the 30 odd ive watched. Attributes again seem pointless. But I will see how my other teams fare. If what Ive just seen is common. It will do me forever. goals galore hope its just .01 tactical designs. But yeh the attributes again. Bonza lads another masterpiece. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeh tactics it is. Played two more games at home, and the players are following instructions. The trouble was, that my two away tactical designs, were compensating for bugs that dont seem to exist any longer. Will file more reports.

About to go about new defensive and counter tactical designs now. Seems pretty good actually. Now it seems more realistic. No more taking advantage of bugs in tactics. And as always ill be your biggest critic. But such is life eh.

yep, the difference is in 08 its not just my games, I've seen teams scoring 5 or more (even 8 a few times) frequently. I love it myself (aside from no longer finding it easy to make records), unrealistic it may be but in this case it makes it better than real life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4-2-4 ouch!:

Ummmm very confused currently. I have never seen anything like this before. Not in the sixteen years ive played of the 30 odd ive watched. Attributes again seem pointless. But I will see how my other teams fare. If what Ive just seen is common. It will do me forever. goals galore hope its just .01 tactical designs. But yeh the attributes again. Bonza lads another masterpiece. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Yeh tactics it is. Played two more games at home, and the players are following instructions. The trouble was, that my two away tactical designs, were compensating for bugs that dont seem to exist any longer. Will file more reports.

About to go about new defensive and counter tactical designs now. Seems pretty good actually. Now it seems more realistic. No more taking advantage of bugs in tactics. And as always ill be your biggest critic. But such is life eh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YEP YEP, definately my tactics. Made a few more designs and seeing a notable improvement. Bravo lads disreguard my silly post before please. This is wonderful. This is football. Players are doing things that are recognosable as a tactical plan. I'm loving the harder opponents and the realistic keeping. All I can say is nice job.

Afetr I made the new counter had a look with my Tottenham team against man city away. Gmae was wonderful to watch. As they have podolski in my game, was on the backfoot most of game but scrambled to a 1-1. The most important part is that it looked like a game of football. Not 1 crazy moment benefiting either side. And I dont mean player mistakes i mean ball watching silly cross field throghballs and stuff.

Sorry bout the typing its late. But anyway good job guts .02 very very nice. But in save all my foreigners in australia at my Jets, have lost thier work permits. And I gave a real gem as well. Guna see if signing new contracts works. As i dont want to lose my save game.

Archived