Basically as a spurs fan i pride my self on taking them all the way and making them the biggest team in the world on fm for the past few year, but on 09 ive started about 5 different games with them and had shockers in them all so i decided to take on a new challenge after i got fed up with spurs.

Ive seen on the forums some people talking about doing the Luton challenge (bottom of league 2, -30 points, no money hardly, v low transfer and wage budgets and crap attendences) so i thought what the hell ill do it, in my first season i managed to keep them up finishing 22nd (one place above relegation, though a good few points clear) id signed a few decent players all on frees but i didnt do a very good job of managing the wages and lost quite a bit in the first season, so before the second season i got rid of all my dead wood keeping the size of my squad to a minimum and signed a few players who i thought would do well for me plus a lot of loans (managed to get the arse as a parent club, got the likes of lansbury, nordveit and murphy on loan) and i managed to keep better control of my wage budget (still about 2k pw over however) anyway i managed to win league 2 by quite a distance and also took home the JPT.

My major gripe is that after winning these bonus payouts totally screwed me over, for winning the JPT the prize money was £4,000 yet i payed out 140k to my players in bonuses despite having cup bonuses set to normal at the beginning of the season! aswell as this i recieved £69k for winning league 2 and had to pay out £240k although i had league bonuses set to high, this subsequently led to me losing my job is having to pay out the two of those left me £1.2m in the red so anyway it got to the date when transfer budgets and season expectations are announced, i recieved a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget of £27K, that was slashed by £15k from the previous season despite being after all my squad players get the manditory 25% promotion wage rise and aswell as this the minimum expectations of the board were a midtable finish, so it seemed i had to get rid of all my highest earners (ie best players) to keep the club afloat and somehow achieve a respectable league position with all my stars gone. i deemed this to be a little unfair as i never felt the board were never really behind me, only ever being satisfied when i was ten points clear of L2 with 2 games in hand so i requested more wages - no joy so then i gave an ultimatum and subsequently got sacked (all my fault i know)

but being as i feel it was paying out the squad bonuses that effed my club up, is the bonusses paid out representative of those in the players contract, or reprasentative of the prize money in a competition? or does anyone think i got things totally wrong ald quit football management forever after this F*@k up??

Archived