Where's Miles???

He's probably standing at the front of the SI office with a megaphone giving motivational talks to the programmers while they work on a patch

More like walking around the office in a trenchcoat with a whip for when they slack off.

It emerged he'd been revealing details from a leak about the next CM. He's currently in police custody after they raided his office unannounced. The guys on the door at SI Towers let them in without a warrant.

• SI Staff

Err - I'm here at the studio, working on getting the second patch out of the door having completed the PR tours for 09, whilst also getting together the plans for FM2010, FML's full launch and everything else that needs to be done.

As for the snide/naysayer comments, with the exception of the authentication problems which were bad for all concerned, and have been apologised for many times (and again on the new podcast which will go live tonight), the launch has been a big success, with over 400,000 people globally currently authenticated and playing the game, including me, currently enjoying a hard game (with Watford) and a much easier game (with Man City). We're well aware of some people's issues with the game, and those that we agree with are being looked into for the patch. Those that we disagree with, and like the way they are, will stay the way they are.

Err - I'm here at the studio, working on getting the second patch out of the door having completed the PR tours for 09, whilst also getting together the plans for FM2010, FML's full launch and everything else that needs to be done.

As for the snide/naysayer comments, with the exception of the authentication problems which were bad for all concerned, and have been apologised for many times (and again on the new podcast which will go live tonight), the launch has been a big success, with over 400,000 people globally currently authenticated and playing the game, including me, currently enjoying a hard game (with Watford) and a much easier game (with Man City). We're well aware of some people's issues with the game, and those that we agree with are being looked into for the patch. Those that we disagree with, and like the way they are, will stay the way they are.

I can assure you my comments were not intended to be snide. They were merely in jest. I'm really enjoying the game. Which, incidentally, seems to be all you need to say to be called a 'fanboy' this year.

Those that we disagree with, and like the way they are, will stay the way they are.

Any chance of letting us know in the changelist the "remains untouched as a design choice" so we don't bother posting bug reports for them. Thanks :D

VB

As for the snide/naysayer comments, with the exception of the authentication problems which were bad for all concerned, and have been apologised for many times (and again on the new podcast which will go live tonight), the launch has been a big success

People couldn't play the game, and when they did it needed a patch, and needs yet another within only a month or so of release. I'd hate to see what count as a failure.

Anyway I look forward to playng the game in January and I have no problem parting with my money once everything is ok.

I knew he was in his office playing FM! Live that dream Miles, live that dream.

Great news about the patch, also echo VonBlade- would be good to have a list of the changes that will not be made so that people don't keep posting them as bugs. It can be frustrating to read endless threads about issues that aren't actually issues, if you get my drift.

• SI Staff

VonBlade/Suttface - we're making strides in being able to be more active in the bugs forums for things we are and aren't looking at (rather than just logging things or giving workarounds), but the strides won't be enough to be able to do it before this patch. It's a good idea though and well made, so thank you.

The strides will be clear in the New Year when I've found the right person to put the plans into action...

Just wondered where Miles mysterman Jacobsen has gone? Has anyone seen him posting on here because i havn't for a while. Would just like to know if he is ok and that he's not tied to a burning stake by some unstable FM fanatic!

He has taken all our money and is now relaxing on the bahamas.

just kidding

hmm..first of all thanks to come here, second, which are in your player opinion the 2 worst problems of FM that must be addressed/slightly tuned into the next Xmas patch ?

Thanks

man you guys are losers. SI games is small peanuts compared to many other global companies and if you think miles is taking your hard earned money then what do you think of the others IE the gasman, taxman, etc...

STOP YOUR WHINING over $30 measly dollars geez if it hurts you that bad to lose it maybe you should be saving your cash instead of buying video games with it.

man you guys are losers. SI games is small peanuts compared to many other global companies and if you think miles is taking your hard earned money then what do you think of the others IE the gasman, taxman, etc...

STOP YOUR WHINING over $30 measly dollars geez if it hurts you that bad to lose it maybe you should be saving your cash instead of buying video games with it.

the issue is that £25 is in fact $36.4006. as such brits feel they have more of a right to moan like pregnant camels after a hard day on the dunes. its a cultural thing. :thup:

*hides

Less people to share the profits with, and was top of the pc charts for most of the year.

Didn't the last one sell a million?

£25 million, once you've taken the costs out everyone gets big slice of pie. Anyway they deserve it they have made some good games, I said it in jest. I know they're all working hard to get a patch out, which they don't have to do really.

I know they're all working hard to get a patch out, which they don't have to do really.

they wont sell a million next year if they don't ..

and miles said this year they have 400, 000 successful activations.

not bad really considering the current economic climate.

but i'll be very keen to see the sales figures for FM10.

they wont sell a million next year if they don't ..

and miles said this year they have 400, 000 successful activations.

not bad really considering the current economic climate.

but i'll be very keen to see the sales figures for FM10.

As with most PC titles the spread is over the whole year sales wise, FM09 will now likely sit a top the pc charts for the best part of the next year , iirc they have sold more in the first month this year than they did last year, soo 400k sales is good for them regardless of the current economic climate.

Archived