Worst goal ever?

I challenge anyone to get a worse goal than this one.

Glasgow Rangers, playing Barcelona at Ibrox. quiet game, 0-0 at half time. nothing of note until the 65th minute when my defender passes the ball back to the goal keeper

63:36

rangersbarca1lz1.jpg

Fair enough I say, a quick boot up the field to get the game going again... or........ not....

63:45

rangersbarca2eq6.jpg

Not only does the keeper hold onto the ball...... but the Barcalona players are apparently inviting him on! He waits....... and waits ........ and waits........ at which point he does the most manly thing he can think of............. and has a siezure.

63:59

rangersbarca3fe3.jpg

Bojan, the heartless swine that he is, decides to take advantage of poor old Alan's dilema with the tongue biting and what not and remembers that they're all playing to win..... so off he runs and not only takes the ball off McGregor BUT.....

64:05

rangersbarca4id5.jpg

Performs a 'perfect sliding tackle' on him for good measure.

He runs away to celebrate, Alan recovers just in time to hear his manager's teeth grind. He tries to laugh but realises that what he just did is about as funny as shooting pains up the left arm and the Rangers fans all die a little inside.

Final score, 0-1. Thanks Alan.-

And an honourable mention to my back 4 who kept a perfect line whilst my goalkeeper was getting mugged :-\

Absolutely stunning mate, gotta be one of the funniest things I've seen for a bit,

I would advise giving your back four a raise though, sticking to formation like that even whilst their goalie was having his handbag nicked by an insolent little Spaniard, top work :thup:

hahaha, happened to me too, almost exactly. I was so angry, but I couldnt help but laugh thinking that this could possibly ever happen in a pro match. In mine, the my defender attempted to pass the ball back to the goalie; the goalie made a diving attempt at the ball, misses and the ball rolled into the goal. At least for me I was able to tie it up 1-1. Sorry to hear about the loss, mate.

I had a really bad one with Ben Foster for Man Utd, the AI got posession deep in their half, played a ball to the centre circle then their MC played a long ball over the top of my defence for their FC to run onto. Foster was standing on the edge of the penalty spot and when the ball was played he turned and started running back towards the goal, he let the ball bounce (as it had been over hit and the FC was still 10 yards outside the box) just inside the area (why didn't he just catch it from where he stood originally?) then he started running on the spot around the six yard line, the ball hit him on the back (he was still facing the goal) and fell into the path of the AI's FC who hadn't stopped running who slotted the ball home! That made it 1-1 but fortunately we went on to win the game 2-1 but I was not amused! Sorry about the lack of screen shots.

At about the 89th minute: My goalkeeper catches an over hit pass, beating the on rushing forward. The forward stands in front of my goalkeeper, who decides he can clear the ball by kicking at the forward - they are standing almost face to face. The ball bounces into the net and I lose 1-0.

Lol I had a bad one myself. The opposition goalkepper layed the ball down on the floor to kick it but never did, then Kaka came out of nowhere running to the ball and fired to finally score, all this while the goalkepper layed there motionless. I was happy though it was his 20th goal of the season.

I've had 3 of these in the last 3 matches with Basso at Bristol City. The worst one coming against fulham, Basso got the ball from a back pass in acres of space, I'm there saying 'boot it, just boot it!' he hesitates, Andy Johnson closes him down, Basso kicks it at him, it bounces over Basso's head, hits the bar, then hits his arse and goes in. He did something similar in a game against Blackburn where I lost 5-4. I dropped him after.....

The Skin's called rinnakkain or it's by rinnakkain, something like that.

I agree its the type of thing that would appear on a clanger dvd but the sheer fact that my GK seemed to just stop the ball and then stop.

One thing I did notice which you can't see in the pics was that once he got the ball his little 'feet' sort of start to shake from side to side as if he got stuck in a loop as to who to pass it to, and in the end he got it taken off him

HAHAHAH, wow, I hope you shipped your GK off to the crappiest team that made an offer when you transfer listed him for $0! That should be fitting punishment.

"I've had 3 of these in the last 3 matches with Basso at Bristol City. The worst one coming against fulham, Basso got the ball from a back pass in acres of space, I'm there saying 'boot it, just boot it!' he hesitates, Andy Johnson closes him down, Basso kicks it at him, it bounces over Basso's head, hits the bar, then hits his arse and goes in. He did something similar in a game against Blackburn where I lost 5-4. I dropped him after....."

That had me laughing out loud also.

My worst goal was something like this. Robert Green goes for the goalkick, somehow manages to hit the opposing striker in the back of the head or something, who then lobs it over my keeper and scores.

This is a live version of your blooper, fast forward to 77th minute!

Put it in C:\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\matches and View game from the main menu.

The press comment is funny though "a well executed finish"

He even had a 7.3 rating at full time :rolleyes:

On the funny end, I had this kind of situation in my advantage too, the goalie decided to take a quick kick up front but he shot straight at my striker and the ball went in :)

I had the exact same thing happen early in an important match - I was so frustrated I just shut the game down and pretended it never happened. Shameful I know. Is there a thread for me to enjoy other's tales of the absurd nearpost own goals that the keepers just allow to roll in time after time? It's like someone at SI has set 'backpass paranoia' to 200 instead of 10.

That's nothing, compared to my dimwit keeper.

He got a safe ball back from midline, then waddles out to the corner of the penalty area, where he just should shoot the darn ball up field.

No, he falls over, just like that with noone close and the attacking striker runs and runs and gets there first, hits it, post in.

I have to check shoe-string quality before the games now! So much to do, so much to do for a manager. :)

Massive genius, that was hillarious. I had this wierd goal against me where Their player had the ball on the edge of the box and for two minutes of gametime (not kidding) he has just standing there holding the ball while three of my players circled him for 2 minutes, they just kept running around him about 2 yards sway from him. After they did this for two minutes 3 of them and none of them put any pressure on him or tackle him, they just ran around him

Anyway, after 2 minutes of this he lofts it into the top corner.

Not to mention the keepers not being able to estmate ball bouncing and let the ball bound over them from a 60 yard long ball pass.

Most of the time the games looks like it's played by some Womens under 12 team.

The keepers do need a LOT of work done to them! Come on SI sort it out ;)

yea i know there was one where my keeper caught the ball in a crowed penalty area. Then threw it off their striker who was like 5 or 6 yards away from him, and went in our net for a 1 each draw lol was in like the 85th min aswell nearly cried:(

Archived