Still 2many injuries.

This is crazy... I am in Sept. 2009 , medium training my players are 95%-100% condition pre match and EVERY second match i get an injury and its mostly my strikers and attacking midfields!!! Whats going on?? the patch was suppose to fix it.. I`m not kidding, almost every match i have an injury, how is that possible? i rest my players if they have more then 2 games in 5-6 days, if more then 6 days between games i dont give them rest because their condition comes back to 96-100% so why rest them and even with that condition they get injured ? this makes no sense....

I agree, I have 4 good physios, I have hired 4 fitness coachs they are on medium to light training and each game i make subs only because someone is injured, I never get a chance to make a tactical move. I have 7 players out right now for 3-5 months including my top 2 ST, 2 AM's, 1 DM and 2 GK. I am using my 17 GK, from sept-dec, when they should come back. I think I will just quit this game until there is a patch that fixes this. I might end up going back to 2008. Worst release by them in the last 5 years. Make us wait until 2 months into the season for this?

Jsolloso is right. I assume from your thread title (it's "too" by the way, not "2". No text speak please) that you are playing with the patch? Most games IRL see players ending the game with little niggles. Admittedly, they're not usually forced off, but you often see players end a game looking fine, only to hear that player X and player Y are doubts for the next game, so just bear that in mind.

why is it everytime somebody brings up a genuine problem with this game somebody says, " have you patched it?"

if the person is clever enough to post on this site then i dare say hes thought of patching the game. plus, pretty much everybody whos bought this 'finished product' got it through the oh so wonderful proccess of steam, which patches it automatically.

sorry to sound fescitious but it needed saying.

in my oppinion there is still too many injuries with this game with them usually being out for about 2 months. just dont get me started on the long shots and strikers not scoring or youll never hear the end of my sarcasm.

and yes i have patched it.

I've hardly had a chance to play the same team back to back, it's always my strikers that get injured aswell.

I could point you in the direction of West Ham, Arsenal, Gillingham, etc who all have the same problems in real life, but I've not seen your actual game, so I don't want to comment on whether or not the game for you is a broadly accurate representation of IRL injuries. All I was saying is that there are more injuries IRL then perhaps people realise, if you include the niggles.

why is it everytime somebody brings up a genuine problem with this game somebody says, " have you patched it?"

if the person is clever enough to post on this site then i dare say hes thought of patching the game. plus, pretty much everybody whos bought this 'finished product' got it through the oh so wonderful proccess of steam, which patches it automatically.

sorry to sound fescitious but it needed saying.

Not everyone has patched the game, so it's a valid response.

Patch doesn't help, hasn't with mine anyway.

i know. it was a joke. i was just churning out the prefered response when people highlight parts of the game that isnt perfect and desperately needs improving.

injuries are too frequent. as are long shots. which is more than i can say for goals scored by your strikers. but im sure we will be told arent really problems and were the ones to blame becase we havent tweeked our tactics.

did i ask you if youve patched it yet?

yes i have patched it, i`m in sept 09 now.. my players are getting injured left and right , not sure whats the issue, training is medium i dont let them fall below 78 in the game then i switch them , i let them rest so they are over 95 before game and still get injured i even decided to start to save the game and reload it if i get an injury because IT IS UNPLAYABLE if i dont do so... i will not have enough players to finish the season... funny thing is that they are always getting injured in the game almost never in training..

My opinion is that the number of knocks is alright, and the number of knocks turning into injuries is about correct, but there are too many injuries forcing substitutions, and the duration of the knocks-turned-injuries are too long (they should be at most 2 weeks - see bruised ribs or pulled hamstrings). Also, the recovery times of these knocks needs to be accelerated so that knocks don't stop players from at least making the bench.

The last Premiership matchday, I think there was only one serious injury (Yakubu) and a couple of knocks (Djourou/Saha) - in 8 games or something. There isn't a knock a game or an injury a game at all.

Don't jump down my throat and say it's definately a bug (I'm not saying it isn't) but is the injury "bug" similar to the Serie C "bug" and only some people are effected by it?

While I am effected by the ridiculous volume of successful long shots and the crappy striker issue (yes, I know....it's my tactics) I have not encountered anything excessive when it comes to injuries or the running the Serie C league causing the game to crash issue?

Like Rotku mentioned, maybe it only affect some, I personally don't have any problems with injuries, yes I do get them, had only two long term, but many small nocks, they go back to 60/70%, and after the game they normally recover very fast.

Is it just random, could be, I downloaded some training schedules and are using them. Be carefull in preseason and that is all I have done to prevent it. Didn't hire worldclass staff or so.

I am getting the same and its on a weekly basis and yes have patched it and yes has made no difference and if you need to cut your squad down due to financial restrictions this does not help, lets hope the next patch sorts this out.

If you have a lot of injuries, it's bad luck, not a bug.

That's not necessarily true either though. IMO too many injuries occur when you don't use squad rotation and train players too hard. I use my full quota of subs every game, 11 in friendlies and 3 in league, and I train on medium. I also make sure that there is plenty of recovery time between friendlies, not 2 days as is preset, and so far I have had a few niggles, but noone has msised a match through injury.

That's not necessarily true either though. IMO too many injuries occur when you don't use squad rotation and train players too hard. I use my full quota of subs every game, 11 in friendlies and 3 in league, and I train on medium. I also make sure that there is plenty of recovery time between friendlies, not 2 days as is preset, and so far I have had a few niggles, but noone has msised a match through injury.

Yea, I didn't think about that. I've not had a problem with injuries, as you might have gathered. I do pretty much everything you do (except 11 subs in friendlies). I use 3 subs per game, and I nearly always take off the player with the worst condition for each sub.

Nearly every match you get a light injury which doesnt happen irl.

That depends on the level of injury. You might not see injuries that leave players out for a few weeks in every game, but there is at least one niggle per game for each team.

That depends on the level of injury. You might not see injuries that leave players out for a few weeks in every game, but there is at least one niggle per game for each team.

But thats the thing if you see a light injury you need to take the player off or you risk him getting injured for longer, We cant see what type of injury it is so we are forced to make subs every game.

You can see what type of injury it is. If you go to the tactics screen and click on the injured players name it will bring up his profile and tell you what type of injury he has, e.g. possible thigh injury. From there you can put two and two together i.e. a thigh injury and 40 condition is probably pretty bad, and then make the sub, whereas a hand injury and 75 condition the player should be ok for the rest of the match.

You can see what type of injury it is. If you go to the tactics screen and click on the injured players name it will bring up his profile and tell you what type of injury he has

Didnt know you could do that in a match cheers, But i still think there are too many injuries. When you get the light injuries for like 2 weeks and then a massive one for 2+ months it becomes annoying.

Yep far too many injuries,not only that gone are the days when I see 1 of my players injured in a game and think "hope its just a knock and he is back in a couple of days" that aint going to happen,now I think "well thats him out for at least a month" the average seems to be 1-2 months,yet another thing that has taken away the fun factor.

You can see what type of injury it is. If you go to the tactics screen and click on the injured players name it will bring up his profile and tell you what type of injury he has, e.g. possible thigh injury. From there you can put two and two together i.e. a thigh injury and 40 condition is probably pretty bad, and then make the sub, whereas a hand injury and 75 condition the player should be ok for the rest of the match.

Is this back,or did I mis it totally in FM08. Anyway good to see it is back.

Its funny how it varies from game to game. I don't get many injuries at all in my game. The worse i had was a broken leg out for 6 months.

Could do with a few so i can give the rest of the squad a game!

Same, I got a much larger team i would normaly get, expecting injuries....when I do, i get no injuries argh!

I have played nearly 7 years now and not had a problem with injuries since patch.

You might want to recheck your training injuries.

Did have one match when got 3 injuries after 70 minutes while leading 1-0. Had used my subs as well :( managed to get a draw ;) two of the players were knocks and back within a week, other was a 2 monther. Was just unlucky, hasnt happened again and injuries for my leagues look fine.

Good idea for an experiment MadCatz900, but you need to try it over a longer period than 3 months. One or two seasons would be good, you'd need to try ten seasons to get any credible results though.

Yea ive tried over 3 months and started new games to see if its bad luck or whatever, the injuries that occur most are the ones under the category "Impact with player" or "Fall impact" (obviously) But this shouldnt happen that often because players should be moving out of the way of tackles or holding their own instead of getting injured running into someone.

Yea ive tried over 3 months and started new games to see if its bad luck or whatever, the injuries that occur most are the ones under the category "Impact with player" or "Fall impact" (obviously) But this shouldnt happen that often because players should be moving out of the way of tackles or holding their own instead of getting injured running into someone.

IRL any player 'moving out of the way of tackles' would get absolutely berated. Get stuck in!

Ha...that is mine :)

What, a quarter of a league with enough players to field a starting lineup out with injuries isn't realistic? I must not have patched. :rolleyes:

I assume that the injury tables in FM also include reserve players.

That in mind, I would direct you to the physioroom.com website. Arsenal and Man City currently have 8 first teamers out, Newcastle 7. Most teams have at least 4 or 5 first team players out. If the figures from FM also include fringe/reserve players, then the numbers probably level out fairly well.

The physioroom.com also only lists proper injuries, not short term issues like colds, food poisoning etc.

That in mind, I would direct you to the physioroom.com website. Arsenal and Man City currently have 8 first teamers out, Newcastle 7. Most teams have at least 4 or 5 first team players out. If the figures from FM also include fringe/reserve players, then the numbers probably level out fairly well.

The physioroom.com also only lists proper injuries, not short term issues like colds, food poisoning etc.

MLS rosters are restricted to 28 players, whether you carry all 28 on your senior team, or send them to reserves is up to you. So, for four teams to have 11-12 players out of 28 unavailable, is criminal.

Physioroom.com currently lists Arsenal as the top EPL team with 8 injuries, and that's having played 15 league matches plus any cup/international games.

In the MLS league I'm currently playing (which has 14 teams) Arsenal would be 6th on the injury table, neck and neck with the other 8 teams in the league with 7 injuries or more after six league games and no international/cup games.

Sorry, I ain't buying "hey, that's football for you" as an excuse. You show me a league where four teams have 11+ players out and over half the league has 7 or more injuries 1/5th of the way through the schedule, and maybe I'll start buying what you're selling. Until then...

Its not the amount of players out thats the problem!!!!

Its the fact you have to sub 2 or 3 players every game because of knocks, you have to take them off before they become injured, you never get chance to make tactical substitutions. Obviously people suffering loads of injury's are not subbing players with knocks (like i say 2 or 3 a game) and then they get properly injured.

Its the problems with kncoks during the matches that need fixing. If a player drops below 80% its pretty much nailed on he'll get a knock. Making the game unplayable if you're playing 2 games a week.

wtfkr5.jpg

I have tried lowering the occurence ratio on all the injuries and they still happen way to often even with a ratio of 0.00001. The only way to stop them is delete the injuries or put them on 0.00000 but thats unrealistic having no injuries :(

ok lol!

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/2222/lolto1.jpg

I made this injury name up i dunno why it says that though :p

I have lowered the match injury % on 1 of the injuries to 0 and it doesnt happen anymore, I deleted all the other injuries so my game only has like 6 injuries than can occur. Default some of them have a match injury % of 60 which is shocking.

Its not the amount of players out thats the problem!!!!

Its the fact you have to sub 2 or 3 players every game because of knocks, you have to take them off before they become injured, you never get chance to make tactical substitutions. Obviously people suffering loads of injury's are not subbing players with knocks (like i say 2 or 3 a game) and then they get properly injured.

Its the problems with kncoks during the matches that need fixing. If a player drops below 80% its pretty much nailed on he'll get a knock. Making the game unplayable if you're playing 2 games a week.

If people leaving knocked players in accounts for all the injuries, then why do all of the CPU teams in my league have 5-12 injuries?

I'm probably averaging one to two knocks a game, but I am subbing players out as soon as they get them. As a result, my injuries compared to the rest of the league are relatively low (the most I have had are five at once).

The computer however, seems to keep players in a bit longer than that...that might lead to an small increase in injuries...but I still have yet to hear a good excuse for four teams with 11 injuries.

This is not a game! It's a football manager simulation and the injuries should reflect real life. Checking the number of injuries against physioroom.com will verify that the injurylevel in 9.1.0 is pretty spot on. At some point in the season you should have 6-9 injuries. Happens all the time IRL. Remember Arsenal 3 seasons ago at one point they had 2 defenders on their feet all in all. Flamini had to play left back and Silva centre half. The only fit defenders for a long time was Justin Hoyte and Kolo Toure.

LB:Cole and clichy out.

DC:Campbell,cygan,senderos out.

RB: Lauren out

As well as som players in midfield and attack out.

Archived