"Football Manager 2009 is running dangerously low on memory...

...please quit application!" - Whats thats all about?

Then the game shuts down...

Im sure its not my laptop, since its a:

Dell Inspiron 1720

Intel Core Duo 8300 - 2,4 GhZ

4GB Ram

i need help on this, since its the 2nd time it happened!!

Thx in advance!:thup:

i. Please post your dxdiag output

ii. When does the crash occur? Uploading a save game can let the testers see exactly when, if it can be replicated. If not, it's an incompatiblity with your machine.

iii. Is there a crash dump? If so, you can send that to support for more help.

iv. You're probably better off having this in the Technical Bugs forum, I'm sure a mod will move it.

this happened to me on 08. this happened cos i was playing loads and loads and loads etc etc of reserve game friendlies to make money threw the season and it just gets to much. Are you playing reserve game friendlies???

no. i am still at the start of the season... no played 1 game yet. Have huge database loaded, and am playing with 10-15 leagues... dont think this would be a problem, since the pc was running smooth...

it happenened when i changed the screen...

Does it recreate? If not, don't worry about it. If it does, have you tried increasing the size of your virtual page file?

well, i had this problem twice w/ the same savegame... so yes, it recreates.

how do i increase the virtual page size?

I had an unusual message yesterday - a warning box appeared with a message "Max Square Root" or similar. I clicked OK twice and it went, so carried on game in progress. It appeared several times, and when the game fiinished I saved and did a rebooot. Anyone come had this one appear? and more importantly, what does it maen?

well, i had this problem twice w/ the same savegame... so yes, it recreates.

how do i increase the virtual page size?

Start menu>control panel>system>advanced(tab)>Performance(click settings)>advanced(tab)>virtual memory(click change)>

set initial size to 2000 and set maximum to 3000> click set the ok

Does it recreate? If not, don't worry about it. If it does, have you tried increasing the size of your virtual page file?
Start menu>control panel>system>advanced(tab)>Performance(click settings)>advanced(tab)>virtual memory(click change)>

thx buddy. n this is enough for playing alot of leagues and huge db right?

Maybe, but now you know how to change it you can do so if the message comes up again.

Its not the best idea to play with a huge db and lots of leagues. I dont see much point, maybe having the big leagues (for regens) but the best players and youth are in the large db

You are actually better off setting it to a fixed size - not that it matters anyway cos on my machine even with a fixed size it changes it if it decides it needs more :(

thx folks for the replies.

I set the min and max as said, but after playing awhile it has crahed again - same message!! - sh** im getting angry with this... since i made some transfers ans stuff...

• 4 weeks later...

ı m at 2012 year and 3 leagues installed. i have 120 gb free space on my hard drive and i have 2 gb ram. i increased virtual memory for many times but i couldnt fix it anyway..no news to fix this problem??

• 3 weeks later...
see how the si staff come in and post things that help in way at all god there a useful bunch

There are dedicated forums for problems that people are having with the game, if you don't post in those forums then you shouldn't expect a reply.

• SI Staff
There are dedicated forums for problems that people are having with the game, if you don't post in those forums then you shouldn't expect a reply.

That is correct. There is a section specifically for this sort of thing.

Archived