Desperate Housewives or FM

You are considering watching Desperate Housewives...you watch that rubbish?? Are you female?? Its a girls show, it glamourises women, has all the men as incompetent dithering idiots who look like they've just left a modelling agency and the plotlines are geared towards proving just how sad ppl usually are.

I think this suggests for you to play FM, if anything its the more "manly" option. I honestly cant believe you even brought this up. Its a no brainer!

Well, I'm no fan of that show, but if I was lucky enough to have someone special in my life, spending time with her would always beat FM, much as I love it.

Except you wouldnt be spending time with her. Youd be spending time with the women of wisteria lane or wotever god forsaken hell hole that place is. Boy, some men are getting more womanly each day :)

Except you wouldnt be spending time with her. Youd be spending time with the women of wisteria lane or wotever god forsaken hell hole that place is. Boy, some men are getting more womanly each day :)

Meh.. I wouldn't mind watching it with her. Bear in mind we're pretty much talking about the 'perfect woman' here, seeing as she's hypothetical in my scenario. If she actually told me she wanted to watch it with me, I would say yes.

Meh.. I wouldn't mind watching it with her. Bear in mind we're pretty much talking about the 'perfect woman' here, seeing as she's hypothetical in my scenario. If she actually told me she wanted to watch it with me, I would say yes.

You need some self confidence and a backbone. Have you not heard of the story of the boy wo cried wolf? A relationship is a two way thing. Just doing what one person wants or expects is NOT normal.

You need some self confidence and a backbone. Have you not heard of the story of the boy wo cried wolf? A relationship is a two way thing. Just doing what one person wants or expects is NOT normal.

I said if she asked me to. Not if she told me to. I never said that I had no choice. My whole point was that I would choose to spend time with her. I'm sorry if I'm not 'manly' enough for you, but the person I love most in the world would always take priority over a game. And anyway, seeing as she's hypothetical, I would not allow myself to be with someone that denied me time playing the game. I was just saying that I would happily choose to be with her over the game. And I wouldn't necessarily mind watching her trash TV with her once in a while.

A backbone, whats that? i should be doing something constructive, like signing david silva? or completing my dissertation? As for me been womanly!!? Has anyone seen my foundation lately, only i think i left it the last time i visted WI

I said if she asked me to. Not if she told me to. I never said that I had no choice. My whole point was that I would choose to spend time with her. I'm sorry if I'm not 'manly' enough for you, but the person I love most in the world would always take priority over a game. And anyway, seeing as she's hypothetical, I would not allow myself to be with someone that denied me time playing the game. I was just saying that I would happily choose to be with her over the game. And I wouldn't necessarily mind watching her trash TV with her once in a while.

I support you on this one, watching a womans TV-show with the missus once in a while gives me more than enough credit to play a lot of FM in the days after. It's a matter of an hour of my life that gives me tons of hours of FM playing in return.

A backbone, whats that? i should be doing something constructive, like signing david silva? or completing my dissertation? As for me been womanly!!? Has anyone seen my foundation lately, only i think i left it the last time i visted WI

Too many "Ifs". Why apologise for not being manly enough? If the person you love most asks you to watch something that only they like then they don't love you very much. Elemental really.

As for the backbone, it's this thing you have that ensures you don't ask silly questions that include scenarios where common sense already provides you with the answer.

I support you on this one, watching a womans TV-show with the missus once in a while gives me more than enough credit to play a lot of FM in the days after. It's a matter of an hour of my life that gives me tons of hours of FM playing in return.

They mentiones 2 eps of that crummy series and each ep is 45mins to an hr so how is that 1 hr??

As I said if she loves you she wouldnt ask you to watch something is pretty obvious you wont liek unless you're female cos that show is mainly geared at females just like FM was mainly geared to males.

What a pointless thread and a waste of time in which you could be doing something constructive.

What a pointless reply and a waste of time in which you could be doing something constructive.

Why comment unless you've got something to say.

If you can sit through the pain it could earn you some points though.

Too many "Ifs". Why apologise for not being manly enough? If the person you love most asks you to watch something that only they like then they don't love you very much. Elemental really.

As for the backbone, it's this thing you have that ensures you don't ask silly questions that include scenarios where common sense already provides you with the answer.

Wow, i didn't think this would degenerate into an arguement, Unless of course, you are joking, which you'll appreciate isn't obvious in a post. As for Desperate Housewives, It's a great TV show. Along with other American shows, such as Lost and 24. As for been manly enough, i was not apologising, i don't have to prove my manleness to anyone, least of all someone i'll never meet. But seriously have you seen my foundation?

Wow, i didn't think this would degenerate into an arguement, Unless of course, you are joking, which you'll appreciate isn't obvious in a post. As for Desperate Housewives, It's a great TV show. Along with other American shows, such as Lost and 24. As for been manly enough, i was not apologising, i don't have to prove my manleness to anyone, least of all someone i'll never meet. But seriously have you seen my foundation?

Would that be the foundation for plotless American shows?

At the end of the day, I have no argument whatsoever with the criticisms of the TV show in question here. I'd rather play FM blindfolded than have to watch that show. However, for me personally, I would not object to watching it every now and then if she genuinely wanted me to, as long as she was prepared to let me play FM when I wanted to and as long as she wasn't insisting on me watching it.

That's all I can say, really. Not in the mood to argue about something so trivial.

Plotless, you mean like Invasion? I think multi award winning shows which run on fro several series tend to have some semblance of a plot. Mind you, i think Torchwood has 2 series or so. Jsolloso, what has brought such anger tyo the surface, are you really a closet Desperate Housewives lover dying to come out?

At the end of the day, I have no argument whatsoever with the criticisms of the TV show in question here. I'd rather play FM blindfolded than have to watch that show. However, for me personally, I would not object to watching it every now and then if she genuinely wanted me to, as long as she was prepared to let me play FM when I wanted to and as long as she wasn't insisting on me watching it.

That's all I can say, really. Not in the mood to argue about something so trivial.

Your response sounds like you are in a job or conducting a business meeting. You are dealing in give and take, that is not what a relationship is all about. If you want to watch such a bad programme as that one then do it and stop using the wife as an excuse. However if yo're watching it just to keep her happy then make her sit next to you while you play FM and see how she "enjoys" it. THAT is a true relationship.

I swear half the guys sounds like bad examples of Mr Muscle...

I agree, also i didn't realise my post would cause such a debate, considering if its read closely, at the end it says bid placed, implying that a bid for my new left winger david silva has been placed.

Plotless, you mean like Invasion? I think multi award winning shows which run on fro several series tend to have some semblance of a plot. Mind you, i think Torchwood has 2 series or so. Jsolloso, what has brought such anger tyo the surface, are you really a closet Desperate Housewives lover dying to come out?

LOL. Oh yeah, such great storylines..he's dead yet he isnt, I love, yet I don't. Such great writing. Can't get enough don't you know?

If you say long running shows are a sign of a good show let me note the following.

Falcon Crest, Knots Landing, Santa Barbera...they ran for ages and my they were cr*p!

Your response sounds like you are in a job or conducting a business meeting. You are dealing in give and take, that is not what a relationship is all about. If you want to watch such a bad programme as that one then do it and stop using the wife as an excuse. However if yo're watching it just to keep her happy then make her sit next to you while you play FM and see how she "enjoys" it. THAT is a true relationship.

I swear half the guys sounds like bad examples of Mr Muscle...

Infact the missus isn't doing to badly as Dag&Red, Up for promotion, under my expert guidence

Believe me, I watch any TV show I like. All I can do is repeat myself now, though. I'm talking about choice. I don't ever want to be in a relationship with someone who forces me to do anything. I was just saying that, for me, in my life, I would say yes every now and then if asked to watch it. But only on the understanding that I was being asked. Similarly, she would be given freedom of choice by me if it came to watching me play FM.

I agree, also i didn't realise my post would cause such a debate, considering if its read closely, at the end it says bid placed, implying that a bid for my new left winger david silva has been placed.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious you chose to play the game!

Once you mentioned having to endure Desperate Housewives we didn't bother with the last sentence!

Typically you get two bands on here, those who think you're crazy for putting up such a post and those who use you as an ally for defending their lack of backbone in having a "normal" relationship.

LOL. Oh yeah, such great storylines..he's dead yet he isnt, I love, yet I don't. Such great writing. Can't get enough don't you know?

If you say long running shows are a sign of a good show let me note the following.

Falcon Crest, Knots Landing, Santa Barbera...they ran for ages and my they were cr*p!

Opinion, As for this conversation/debate, surely you've let enough steam off now. your upsetting me now, and my make up is going streaky

Believe me, I watch any TV show I like. All I can do is repeat myself now, though. I'm talking about choice. I don't ever want to be in a relationship with someone who forces me to do anything. I was just saying that, for me, in my life, I would say yes every now and then if asked to watch it. But only on the understanding that I was being asked. Similarly, she would be given freedom of choice by me if it came to watching me play FM.

Problem is it didnt sound like freedom of choice was being offered...

Once you mentioned having to endure Desperate Housewives we didn't bother with the last sentence!

Typically you get two bands on here, those who think you're crazy for putting up such a post and those who use you as an ally for defending their lack of backbone in having a "normal" relationship.

You have no idea about my relationship. or even me. As for the first band, you fall into it completely

Opinion, As for this conversation/debate, surely you've let enough steam off now. your upsetting me now, and my make up is going streaky

No, no. Steam is a totally different post. It's usually under the title "Steam won't work I hate you all you *******".

You should try Max Factor it tends to last longer...

You have no idea about my relationship. or even me. As for the first band, you fall into it completely

LOL. You're a muppet. YOU have NO idea about a relationship. I may fall into the first band but at least I know what a healthy relationship is.

Where is the lack of backbone in making a choice based on what you want to do? I don't know how many more times I can point out that I am talking about choice.

The original post didnt sound like choice. That was what brought all this up. It was further inflamed by certan ppl who tried to justify their lack of "manliness" by agreeing that it was "normal" to wach some crummy television programmes.

Problem is it didnt sound like freedom of choice was being offered...

Well, even if not, in his case he chose playing the game. That's what I would do if she tried to force me to watch it. Sometimes it's what I'd do if she asked me to watch it. But sometimes I would choose settling down with her and watching her crap TV. To be honest, I'm not sure I have to spend all my time reading the Economist and watching Horizon, anyway. Desperate Housewives is a bit of a special case because there's something degrading about it, towards both sexes, actually. Still, I could handle it every now and then for a quiet night in with 'her'.

All this is highly academic, though. I've got no chance of finding anyone. I'm destined to be alone forever. :( Ah well, plenty of FMing for me! :D

Well, even if not, in his case he chose playing the game. That's what I would do if she tried to force me to watch it. Sometimes it's what I'd do if she asked me to watch it. But sometimes I would choose settling down with her and watching her crap TV. To be honest, I'm not sure I have to spend all my time reading the Economist and watching Horizon, anyway. Desperate Housewives is a bit of a special case because there's something degrading about it, towards both sexes, actually. Still, I could handle it every now and then for a quiet night in with 'her'.

All this is highly academic, though. I've got no chance of finding anyone. I'm destined to be alone forever. :( Ah well, plenty of FMing for me! :D

Don't you know they've added female managers into the game? There's still hope... :)

Honestly, a healthy relationship requires both people to be happy and faithful and content and comfortable with each other. How that happens will be different for different people. I wouldn't begrudge any couple the freedom to live out their relationship by whatever means work for them.

I'm one of those who does when asked... honestly I value her much more than FM and she would be moody if I refused lol certainly wouldn't watch it alone though

I feel sorry for you...seek counselling. A relationship is not about beign told, for that you have parents.

Ever heard of sex? it's something you're not likely to get with that attitude ;) you do what the missus wants, when the missus wants it - and if she's completely unreasonable she's not the missus for long. it's the laws of nature, it's the way it's worked for millenia and it's the way it'll always work.

Honestly, a healthy relationship requires both people to be happy and faithful and content and comfortable with each other. How that happens will be different for different people. I wouldn't begrudge any couple the freedom to live out their relationship by whatever means work for them.

Unless it involves being dictated to because if you add children to that then you have a serious problem on your hands. If its a daughter she will behave like mother and if its a son he will expect to be treated like you. Its not healthy and will deny them a healthy relationship in future.

Ever heard of sex? it's something you're not likely to get with that attitude ;) you do what the missus wants, when the missus wants it - and if she's completely unreasonable she's not the missus for long. it's the laws of nature, it's the way it's worked for millenia and it's the way it'll always work.

Sex you can get anywhere and most ways dont involve having to be told what to do. And yes you can get some with "this" attitude. Its such an attitude that makes women like you, they see you as cocky, confident and ambitious.

Unless it involves being dictated to because if you add children to that then you have a serious problem on your hands. If its a daughter she will behave like mother and if its a son he will expect to be treated like you. Its not healthy and will deny them a healthy relationship in future.

Well, I imagine a relationship where people are being dictated to is one where both people have problems and aren't happy. So that would not be healthy. But if, as in my scenario, choice was involved, there's no problem because there's no unhappiness involved. It works for me and my hypothetical and, of course, stunningly beautiful wife. We're both happy, and a key part of that is the freedom we have to make choices. It just so happens that one choice I would occasionally make is to watch crap TV with her.

Where is the lack of backbone in making a choice based on what you want to do? I don't know how many more times I can point out that I am talking about choice.

The original post didnt sound like choice. That was what brought all this up. It was further inflamed by certan ppl who tried to justify their lack of "manliness" by agreeing that it was "normal" to wach some crummy television programmes.

Archived