Transfer system still unfair to the player.

This is something that has effected every version of FM.

If you want buy another clubs under contract player you have to put in offers somewhere arond triple their value.

An example is that while managing Newcastle I had to offer £32 million for Ashley Young.

Meanwhile the AI manager won't ever usually offer more than £5 million or so more.

So the current transfer engine is needs to tweaked. If clubs want to buy your star players then they should be willing to offer the amounts you value them for.

It's that team's way of saying "he is not really for sale, but if you throw an unreasonable amount of money at us, of course we will bite". To the converse, players who are transfer listed often go for 10% of their value, because the team wants to get rid of them. In the end, a player's value is what he sells for, not the "estimate" that the game gives you.

As with 2008, if you really want a player and the club wants ridiculous money for him, then simply sit tight until the next window, or even season and try again. I managed to get Ronaldo for 80 million in the summer when Man Unt had asked for 120 million in January.

I appreciate Ashley Young not being worth anything like 32 million, I'm sure a much lower offer would be accepted irl, but a bit of patience usually gets a reduction in price.

Yeah it really annoys me when a club makes an offer for one of my best players which approximates his value, i.e. 20% sell on, monthly installments etc. which there's no chance of me accepting and yet unless I bid waaaaaaay over the asking price they won't even 'negotiate'. And the 'negotiation' simply consists of you have to accept the structure of the deal they want when buying, and when selling the AI has a threshold it simply won't cross, it won't come back and make a counter offer.

08 and before but 09 is excellent compared. How much do you expect to get Young for?

My point was that the AI wouldn't ever pay £30 million for one of my Star Players.

The most I got offered for Oba Martins was £16m when is value was £12m. If I was playing as another team then I would have to offer somewhere around £30m heh.

So the AI doesn't offer when a human player would.

The only bargain I had got is Raphael Van Der Vaart for £6m because he was listed ;)

My point was that the AI wouldn't ever pay £30 million for one of my Star Players.

The most I got offered for Oba Martins was £16m when is value was £12m. If I was playing as another team then I would have to offer somewhere around £30m heh.

Your basic point is that the AI is bad because it just fleeced a human manager out of millions of pounds. That's actually evidence of GOOD AI.

In other words, you value Ashley young at 32M or more and you think the AI is wildly unfair and wildly inflating values b/c it values Ashley Young at 32M or less. That doesn't make sense!

The reason you don't see someone like Ashley Young sell for 32M in real life is b/c nobody would offer 32M for someone like Ashley Young in real life. If more teams offered crazy transfer fees, you'd see more crazy sales.

Its the crap transfers that anoy me. It is anoying that you chase a Centre half from a German League club as liverpool, and they won't even look at 30 Mil, that is just unrealistic. Maybe for top class players , but You can't even buy at good prices from other leagues. U can only get these kind of players when they have min release contarcts that are reasonable. I mean FFS David Bently cost near on 40 Mil, :(

Your basic point is that the AI is bad because it just fleeced a human manager out of millions of pounds. That's actually evidence of GOOD AI.

In other words, you value Ashley young at 32M or more and you think the AI is wildly unfair and wildly inflating values b/c it values Ashley Young at 32M or less. That doesn't make sense!

The reason you don't see someone like Ashley Young sell for 32M in real life is b/c nobody would offer 32M for someone like Ashley Young in real life. If more teams offered crazy transfer fees, you'd see more crazy sales.

The AI won't negotiate for the star player it wants.

As was already mentioned the most the AI seems to over is around 20% regardless of player. But to get another teams player you often has to offer around 40 - 50% plus clauses.

I've yet to recieve an offer for one of my constant first teamers for 40% over his value.

If a human player has to 40% over value for an under contract player then it should also be reflected in AI bids :)

I sold my wonderkid to Arsenal, value at the time £1.4m, price AI paid me £20m. Got offered £13.5m from Fulham, thought I would be cheeky and offer all clubs him at £20m and Liverpool and Arsenal both bid with 25 percentage sell on to. Hasnt been sold from Arsenal yet though.

He is class but wouldn't have stayed with me. :(

martin.jpg

If a human player has to 40% over value for an under contract player then it should also be reflected in AI bids :)

Humans do not have to 40% over value for an under contract player. Humans have to 40% over value for an under contract player that the other team DOESN'T WANT TO SELL. If the team wants to sell, you can get a player for peanuts. If they don't want to sell, you have to overpay. It's the same for when if the AI wants to buy your players. If you keep rejecting at-value numbers, if the AI really wants the player they will bid really high. If they don't want the player, they will stop bidding. I do the same to other AI teams, and I imagine you do the same.

Each player has a generic value, but if he plays really well in the system his team runs and fits well with the team chemistry, is locked into a cheap contract, etc., generally he is worth more to his current team than his generic value. So because he is worth more, you have to pay more to get him. On the other hand, if his talents are unsuitable for the system, he clashes with his teammates, and his wages are dragging down the team financials, the team will value him less than his generic value and will therefore be willing to sell him for less than his generic value.

Archived