My Football manager keeps dying on me...

Yeah I keep playing the same game (United v peterbrough) and the same thing keeps happening: The laptop starts whiring loudly and then the power cuts out as if it's been switched off at the wall. I keep having to play the same match as the same thing keeps happening (and not saving).

This has only happened once before on another game on fm09 but happened a few times in the same season on fm08.

What is the problem and should I start a new season to get rid of this?

Thanks

Had this Issue too, Albeit a a different outcome. Sounds like overheating, Make sure your Fan is running properly and all vents are clear. Also you can turn the fan speed up on your BIOS.

When mine did this, it turned out that during my Fiddling I had unseated a Stick of RAM, So if you feel confident, try reseating it, It may help (I hold no Respnsibility if you FUBAR your PC though!)

Your computer is def overheating and shutting down to stop further damage- I would suggest that you make sure all the fans are working properly and that the inside of your machine is free from dust etc before even considering adjusting the fan speed.

I used to have a laptop that did a similar thing and it turns out it was overheating. I used a vacuum cleaner to suck the dust out of the fans* and it came good for a while, the problem came back after few months though so I reckon the fan was dodgy or it was a shoddily designed laptop (it was a Clevo/AJP one - D900T - never buy one it was $h1t3).

* Don't blame me if you do this and it breaks your computer!

you need topen up your computer, get any dust out before it totally wrecks your power adapter. also see if you can put a 2nd fan in there as that will make the original fan only use half of its power.

you need topen up your computer, get any dust out before it totally wrecks your power adapter. also see if you can put a 2nd fan in there as that will make the original fan only use half of its power.

yeah the dust is out. I had someone clean the fan out a few days ago. The same thing happened when i played pro evo 6. Shall I just buy a cooler - any reccomendations?

Archived