International management help

After winning promotion with Crystal Palace and a season of consolidation, Nigeria offered me a job. I took it, but there is only one Nigerian keeper on the game, and he's a Stevenage player...

'Greyed out' players sometimes appear and sometimes don't but for my first game they were nowhere to be seen and i had to play a striker in goal

Does anyone know how to ensure that these (actually very useful-looking) 'greyed out' keepers will be there the next time? The World Cup looms..

Cheers

I think you are basically screwed.

This happened to me with Ghana in FM08. I ended up quitting.

I think SI need to look at this. This happens all the time with African teams because most of their goalkeepers play in domestic leagues and aren't loaded into the game.

There needs to be some kind of qualification about what international sides are playable in a game. There needs to be a minimum number of players in each position in order to stop this happening.

I realise this won't help you now but I suggest you log this as a bug on the bugs forum. I also recommend that from now on you load all players from a nation you intend to manage (particularly for African nations) or alternatively use a player retain DDT.

Yes, it is. I got half a side with the Argentina u21s, the right back was pure quality. I wanted him in the Argentina first team, but greys aren't allowed to be moved :( and international ones can't be offered contracts. :(:mad:

21 I would've thought, as at club level you'd get a grey keeper if you only had one as well as none.

Well, I didn't realise this. So it seems Shakermaker will be able to continue happily in his management of Nigeria. :thup:

Still needs fixing as far as I am concerned though. An international team should only be playable with a prerequisite number of players in each position.

Thanks for the replies, I did name 23 men for the original 26 man squad thinking that it would give me 3 keepers but as I said, when it came down to the squad selection screen they'd disappeared

And jmas, just checked and he's not on my game unfortunately, by the looks of it I'm just going to have to take Stevenage's Carl Ikeme to South Africa!

Archived