FM09 Expansion Pack - Would you ever buy it?

would you buy it?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. would you buy it?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe, if me mam gives me the $

Following on from the other thread. If SI ever made an expansion pack for FM09 would you buy it?

Assuming it did the following:

- Had an easy wizard based tool for creating your own leagues and cup competitions (using existing and custom teams).

- Had an easy wizard based tool for moving teams around leagues and creating your own custom teams.

- Allowed you to play as an historical team and create leagues based on historical teams/players (e.g. Brazil '70, Real Madrid '55, Man U '68 etc. ) and play matches/leagues between the greats and todays top teams.

- Allowed you to sign historical players in your custom leagues (e.g. you could have teams filled with the greats of years gone by - the Cantonas, Cruyffs, Platinis, Maradonas, Gazzas, etc.)

- Allowed you to play historical competitions (e.g Italia '90, Premier League '92-'93, European Cup '67, etc.)

I know you could potentially do this in an editor if you had the time but this would be a heck of lot easier with an endorsed SI expansion, the data would be easy to find.

I also know a lot of the purists play FM as a realistic simulation, but to me the above would be awesome fun, I love the 'alternate history' and 'what if' scenarios that FM offers.

Cheers.

Yeah, I would buy it but it will never happen as said above.

Plus, it depends how much it cost as I can do all this in the editor.

Yeah YOU can but your average non forum visiting casual FM player probably has neither the time nor inclination to mess around with the editor to this extent.

Expansion packs are generally cheaper than the original games around they?

Thanks for the feedback tho'

Never in a million years.

I'd buy it if it fixed all the bugs. Oh wait that's FM10* :D

Old data doesn't interest me. What's the fun in buying Ronaldo from PSV or Nii Lamptey all over again? Why would I want to create a superleague when the CL is just that and the editor is easy enough to use anyway.

VB

* And yes I know if FM10 follows 09 it'll introduce more than it fixes, but for comedic purposes go with it.

it would be fun to play as the great teams of the past but then i think the novelty of it would wear off.

but i supose it would be a nice little idea for when they have a little spare time to make a mini version of this but then the database would have to be huge to have all these scenarios wouldnt it so would take up time from making the original game? still would be great to go up against the likes of shankly and clough

no interest in history. i play for the contemporary, or i'd still be on CM2.

i would however pay for a media pack that had proper graphics in it: proper stadium background pics, logos, face packs and a PROPER match day audio pack.

if this was DLC i'd pay a tenner for it.

sure a lot of this stuff is out there as fan made extras but how many times have you looked at them and said: i could waste 8 hrs here just downloading 500 different blood files and extracting them all and it would still look like a dogs dinner!

me too. so there. :D:eek:

Yeah, I would buy it but it will never happen as said above.

Yeah YOU can but your average non forum visiting casual FM player probably has neither the time nor inclination to mess around with the editor to this extent.

You asked if HE would buy it. Not if an average non forum visiting casual player would.

Only if it included more leagues. Otherwise I prefer to wait for a new version.

Hypothetically, you could add any league(s) you liked real or fake - using existing teams/players, random regens or your own data depending on the league.

If I wanted to create the NZFC I'd get a screen asking me to input the league variables (rules, number of teams, reputation of league, logo etc.) then another screen asking me what teams to include in the league (existing teams, random teams, my own custom teams) and how to populate those teams (players already in the DB, random regens, custom data, etc.)

SI wouldn't release an editor for new leagues. For starters, the leagues are hard coded with rules and such. Secondly, any leagues created would presumably be compatible with FM09 vanilla, meaning only a few people would have to buy it, whip up a St. Kits & Nevis league, and upload it to their favourite FM site.

What I would like to see is the ability to create a brand new team added to the game. I know you can do this in the editor, but a nice little wizard for creating, naming, detailing and placing the team in the league of your choosing. You could then sign real players using a points system (given to you according to a difficulty level you've chosen), allowing you to choose all, some, or none of your players to be real players. Any points you have left over can be either converted to cash for future use or used to improve the quality of newgens that populate the rest of your initial 22 man squad.

It's more of a next-game-idea than an expansion I guess but it is something that could be added to the game without affecting much else of the existing code, it's basically just fiddling with the database in a constrained way.

Hypothetically, you could add any league(s) you liked real or fake - using existing teams/players, random regens or your own data depending on the league.

If I wanted to create the NZFC I'd get a screen asking me to input the league variables (rules, number of teams, reputation of league, logo etc.) then another screen asking me what teams to include in the league (existing teams, random teams, my own custom teams) and how to populate those teams (players already in the DB, random regens, custom data, etc.)

Possible, but would take a hell of a lot of work to get the reputation and difficulty right

Is it possible to add rules? E.g. English Premier League has the 1 match ban after 5 yellows, 2 after 10, 3 after 15 etc. My FM09 game is in Brazil, and it’s 1 match ban for every 4 yellows, 3 match ban for a red, that’s it. Isn’t this hard coded rather than through the editor?

I would pay it as it would be interesting and offer a lot more options to the game. First of all I would pay more to have a game which is playable.....

Wouldn't interest me at all tbh. I prefer the setting the game comes with, and rarely even bother with updated transfers, let alone shifting entire teams around.

Also the data from ages ago would be much harder to find than you think, unless its restricted to just a few top teams or something.

Also the data from ages ago would be much harder to find than you think, unless its restricted to just a few top teams or something.

I didn't mean every team/competition from the year dot. Probably just a subset of selected classic seasons, competitions and teams. Something like 5, 000 extra real life, historical players (or 400 teams).

Nothing like a bit of pointless conjecture!

Awesome feedback fellas - free market research for SI!

No, doesn't add anything to the concept and idealogy of the game. Can't see SI buying into it either*

I'd rather we had better testers, a longer beta period, more licenses, and a release cycle that was earlier in the year, say September.

*Thankfully

No interest, expansions are something EA would do, a company motivated by money.

SI Games actually care about getting a game out and improving it rather than releasing a buggy game and adding downloadable content before fixing anything.

Archived