Worthy Football Manager Suggestion

I think the game, and more specifically, the tactics aspect of the game would be bettered if it wasnt just Team and Position based. Setting general team and position settings is obviously a required dimension in the game, but I think it would be better to have player specific tactics. A tactics option in the players menu options would allow managers to exploit specific aspects of a players attributed and preffered moves without having to contnually faff around.

Do people understand what I mean?

Kinda, player tactics but in their own personal settings, a bit like when you train a player to use specific moves, you could give him tactics that would be beneficial to him but not necesarily to others.

I dont know if thats been explained well enough....

The problem is that newbie players would find it difficult and those of us who have "commitments" will find it too time consuming. I do think however that tactics should be a little more alligned. You never see irl a team continually changing formation in order to counter the opposition, they usually have a set formation and modify it a little but it FM every match is like a completely different prospect. I may enjoy this but its also highly unrealistic. Look at Man Utd, Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, etc and most of these will have the same team sheets barring suspension or injury and positioned in the same spot on the pitch.

Isn't this already in, in the tactics screen you can set instuctions for each player seperate, like the way you can do this for the whole team.

Or am I missing you point?

if you substitute a player, the replacement will have the same instructions as the other player.

he's saying he want the option to give every player other instructions, without having to change them during the game

if you substitute a player, the replacement will have the same instructions as the other player.

he's saying he want the option to give every player other instructions, without having to change them during the game

Well it is "presetted" for position which in my opinion is realistic, why would you change your player instruction of the new AML (who replaced the old AML) different instructions, they both play at the same position, ofcourse small changes must be made, but doesn't a real coach/manager have to do this as well, it is not like you can tell every player what he has to do en them leave them alone for months.

Think it comes down to form of player/team, how the game/match is going on (winning or loosing), cups etc.

I think it is realistic that you have to do this everytime you sub a player.

But that is just my opinion

Makes sense and might make it easier, but the team itself may suffer. For example, if you have a winger who plays lots of through balls and a fast striker set as TM with Run onto Ball, then if you replace the winger with one who doesn't play through balls...

I was asking about the same a couple of years ago.

I love that idea, since i would base my management on team instructions with individual instructions ot certain players - not certain positions.

2 players aren't the same even though they might play in the same position. And i would love to use that certain players skills to make my tactics more efficient. Now i just have to change it around every time i change the starting 11, and/or substituting during the match.

Maybe my team(s) would finally play the way i would like them to :p

Archived