this is quite weird

iv seen lots of people on this board who have something like 1gb if ram or so and say their game is slow or won't work. but i only have 112mb of ram yet my game runs smoothly.

Really only 112 MB of ram, can not believe that really, what OS you are running?

To be sure how much you have, right click on My Computer, in the General tab you can find the amount or Ram you actually have (the last line, after you CPU speed).

That wont be your system RAM. If it is I'd wager its what is assigned to graphics (although that number seems large?)

It could be gfx card RAM, but then it'd be 128Mb. I dont think Windows would load with 112Mb of RAM! ;)

Does it say Casio on the front of the machine?

That wont be your system RAM. If it is I'd wager its what is assigned to graphics (although that number seems large?)

It could be gfx card RAM, but then it'd be 128Mb. I dont think Windows would load with 112Mb of RAM! ;)

Does it say Casio on the front of the machine?

Mine strangly says 1023 RAM rather than 1024 so you never know!

He's probably got 128MB system RAM with a video card that uses 16MB of his system RAM instead of having it's own. XP will certainly run with a configuration like this (I used to run it with 128MB - an 8MB shared video card), although it's not exactly brilliant. The way the game performs on this sort of setup will be entirely down to what leagues are running and what database size. Plus obviously peoples expectations are different - one persons smooth running is another persons slow as hell.

He's probably got 128MB system RAM with a video card that uses 16MB of his system RAM instead of having it's own. XP will certainly run with a configuration like this (I used to run it with 128MB - an 8MB shared video card), although it's not exactly brilliant. The way the game performs on this sort of setup will be entirely down to what leagues are running and what database size. Plus obviously peoples expectations are different - one persons smooth running is another persons slow as hell.

If you look at the FM.exe process while it's running, it will use more than 128mb with just one league. When RAM is used up it will turn to virtual memory and there's no possible way anyone would be able to confuse it with running smoothly

If you look at the FM.exe process while it's running, it will use more than 128mb with just one league. When RAM is used up it will turn to virtual memory and there's no possible way anyone would be able to confuse it with running smoothly

Yeah, but virtual RAM is only slow if it's being continually accessed. If stuff like players history, for example, is being kept in RAM, then it won't necesarily be a problem - It will just sit there on his harddrive effectively using up memory, but not being accessed and not slowing the game down.

112 is non existence, like some already said, it always multiplies

28 64 128 256 512 1024 2048 etc etc

If you do have 112RAM and using windows xp (and managing to run FM09) you'll probably play once every week? Just booting up would take ages!

How long are you waiting to boot up and shut it down again?

On a side note, a friend of mine managed to run VMWare on a windows XP OS with 1024MB of RAM, and installing Vista Business using VMWare. Nothing blew up eventually, but it was slow as hell.

Archived